PDA

View Full Version : If I delete custom toddler/girl hair, will adult hair still work properly?

NicoleShields
22nd Dec 2005, 4:44 PM
Alright,

I have a lot of custom meshes that look fabulous in teen and adult. However, in toddler and girl, the creator used default meshes for the hair. I have very limited space on my computer, and my loading time is slloooooow. I was thinking of deleting all of the toddler and female hairs that aren't special meshes.

Now, I know that if I do that, the toddler won't "grow up" to have a fancy custom hairstyle. Fine by me... she can grow up to have braids, and I can use the mirror to do her hair when she's old enough.

What I am concerned about is inheritance. If I have two parents with custom hair, and I don't have versions of those hairs for the toddlers, will the game pick a random hairstyle? Or will the game crash? If it picks a random, that is fine by me, but if it crashes or creates another issue, its a problem.

Thanks,
Nicole

AngelFrouk
22nd Dec 2005, 8:07 PM
If you remove the toddler hairstyle in CAS or Bodyshop, all the hairstyles from that hair wiil be removed.

NicoleShields
22nd Dec 2005, 11:04 PM
That is so annoying... is there a way around that, besides going through the downloads folder, trying to figure out which file it is, and deleting them one by one?

idtaminger
22nd Dec 2005, 11:13 PM
There is a way to do it, but it comes out to be very time consuming. Basically, you open up the package file, click the property set, and for each hair you don't want, set the age to 0x00000. You can also delete the non-needed texture files, but that's purely optional. There's a tutorial for a diff way on this site, but this is the easiest way that I've found to do it. Nonetheless, you must open up every single package file you want to edit and manually change every single property set.

NicoleShields
23rd Dec 2005, 8:48 AM
Hmm.

And if I do that, what happens when two people with custom meshes have a baby? Is it randomly assigned?

Thanks,
Nicole