PDA

View Full Version : Quickly Aging Neighborhood Sim

nazcraz11
24th Jun 2009, 7:45 AM
Hello.

A sim from my neighborhood, Amos Mahoney, aged from child to teen on the same day as my teen sim. Now, my sim has 11 days left as a teen, but when I invited Amos over, he is now a balding young adult (or adult???). Why did he age this fast? Is this a glitch, or could he just have had a birthday party and cake. He and my sim were b/f & g/f, but now it just seems weird ... lol.

Inge Jones
24th Jun 2009, 8:17 AM
That's obviously some design flaw. Even though your current sim *can* age up early, it's not a matter of chance and if you did nothing, they would wait until the very last day before aging up automatically. I'll see if I can find anything in the configs that controls this apparent randomness.

alyria80
24th Jun 2009, 8:46 AM
This isn't the first time I've heard of this happening. I think it's just another part of storymode.

Inge Jones
24th Jun 2009, 8:57 AM
Yes, but it's not a good decision, is all I am saying. Storymode should have looked at the actual ages and aged them up at the right time, not just at random.

alyria80
24th Jun 2009, 9:04 AM
Not arguing with that, slapping on a random number generator and calling it "story mode" was just lazy programming on their part.

kewpie
24th Jun 2009, 3:23 PM
I mentioned this in another thread way back yonder. It griped the heck out of me too. I had a little girl that I watched from childhood to YA-hood. Her school friends were all messed up.

Friend #1 - She stayed a child in elementary school the entire three weeks between childhood and YAhood.

Friend #2 - He went teen LONG before she did. When she was a YA, he still was a teen.

Friend #2 - He turned teen before her and only stayed a teen for a day. He was a YA the day after her teen birthday party.

Friend #3 - I think he may have skipped being a YA. They met in elementary school. He aged up to teen after her. But he showed up at the birthday party as an adult halfway to being an elder!

I can't remember the rest right now. But If you have your 21st birthday party with all the friends you met in kindergarten -- they should be around 21 as well. You shouldn't have one friend in the second grade and another old enough to be your dad.

GnatGoSplat
24th Jun 2009, 4:14 PM
All my non-active household sims seem to age at completely different rates.
It seems like maybe the Lifespan slider has some effect on non-active households, but not exactly the same effect for every household.
I'll have a male sim impregnate several females and some of his more recent babies will be older than previous babies.

nazcraz11
25th Jun 2009, 12:00 AM
Wow, thanks guys. This doesn't really help, but at least now I know that other people have experienced this, lol. Maybe my teenage sim will have to find another boyfriend.