PDA

View Full Version : Making an object non-CASTable.

thefuzmixman
29th Sep 2009, 3:19 PM
I'd like my new object (an endtable) which is heavily reliant on a custom texture to disallow recoloring. Any tips or tricks, leading me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. :)

lemoncandy
29th Sep 2009, 3:55 PM
Check this thread that's about the opposite but should answer your question :) http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=372335

thefuzmixman
29th Sep 2009, 8:33 PM
Thanks for the reply. So, I'm a bit confused... The creator in that thread seemed to have added an alpha channel into his texture that didn't belong and this allowed him to stumble upon a non-working recolor? I was thinking perhaps there was some xml or something i could change. I thought for sure i needed to change some kind of code.

lemoncandy
29th Sep 2009, 8:44 PM
The creator in that thread seemed to have added an alpha channel into his texture that didn't belong and this allowed him to stumble upon a non-working recolor?
No, that alpha channel is always there, it was just the wrong color. If you make yours full white, your object won't allow recoloring. Of course you can still click on it with the CASt tool. If you want to remove that option as well, then that might require some coding, I have no knowledge of that field..

thefuzmixman
29th Sep 2009, 9:16 PM
Oh ok, I see what happened then. I'll try that idea out. I was trying to poke around with some of the items that aren't recolorable. As expected, they have less files to work with then the furniture. if i had to guess, I would say i could edit the RBGMASK.xml to stop the cast from the start.