PDA

View Full Version : Sims 3 custom food

Miko09
13th Sep 2010, 5:49 AM
I noticed that there is a lack of custom food in the sims 3, other than the Cooking and Ingredient Overhaul (http://nene.modthesims.info/download.php?t=353351) by BlackCat007. It's nice(I have it in my game), but not quite what I was looking. I was trying to find a way to make custom food ala sims 2, but was having the hardest time getting anything to work.

It would be insanely hard to make a custom food item that can be learned from a recipe and made from a fridge(for now at least--the modding community is growing to what it used to be in sims 2), BUT I thought it would be easier to make a custom food that is bought through the buy catalog. How? With the birthday cake! The birthday cake is the only food item that can be bought directly from the buy catalog.

I was using s3oc and I found that there was a birthday cake file and a birthday slice file. In theory, a person would only need to re-mesh and retexture the cake(most likely through a sim2 to sim3 conversion) and remove or block the birthday option, leaving only the "take a slice" option. Custom sims 3 food!

Of course, pigs dont fly, it doesn't smell like tropical rain every time someone farts, and it did not go as easily as I planned. Sims 2 food operates differently than sims 3 food(I think most foods in sims 2 were cloned from that cookie plate). Sims 2 food has "pieces" that are taken from the main food while the sims 3 birthday cake does this type of interaction somewhere else.

Is there anyone that has any knowledge on the birthday cake package and how it works or have any tips or suggestions on the whole process?

if that was too long :p I'm trying to make custom sims 3 food by using the birthday cake framework and looking for help

orangemittens
13th Sep 2010, 2:57 PM
I don't know for sure but maybe this would require a script...changing things that have animations often seems to. Have you asked about this in the modding discussion forum?

Miko09
13th Sep 2010, 6:08 PM
I haven't checked there. I thought object creation would be the best place(if I'm in the wrong place sorry '^^). I will ask in the modding forum as well. Thank you.