PDA

View Full Version : Lot Tester Needed!

mermaidofthenile
7th Nov 2010, 3:45 PM
Ive created this lot complete with a Sim Dustin Howler and his Dog Silver. I was wondering if someone could test it for me before I share it to make sure it all works properly. Im guessing some of his memories and relationships will be messed up cause well I didnt think that one threw to well lol but I was wondering if it will effect how he is played. I promise it is safe. Thanks. :D

You'll need Seasons, Pets, University, Night Life and I think Apartment.

HystericalParoxysm
7th Nov 2010, 3:58 PM
Actually, it's a REALLY bad idea for people to install inhabited lots into their games if they haven't been made properly. If the sims on the lot know ANYONE outside of the lot, then people who install it will be importing little snippets of those other sims' files into their games. These snippets of sims can be a real problem - especially if there's a lot of them. And it's the kind of sneaky problem that may not show up immediately, but days or weeks down the line when want trees get broken and random sims start disappearing without a trace. That's why we don't allow uploading of inhabited lots here to MTS: if you didn't do it JUST right, you can permanently ruin someone else's neighborhood.

Therefore, I have removed the attachment from your thread. If you'd like to upload the guy and his dog and his house, you can upload them to the sims, pets, and houses, respectively.

mermaidofthenile
7th Nov 2010, 5:13 PM
okay well see thats why I was asking thanks :)

mermaidofthenile
8th Nov 2010, 4:10 AM
if I clone him will he still have those memory snippets?

Mootilda
8th Nov 2010, 5:37 AM
if I clone him will he still have those memory snippets?No. A cloned sim is a brand new sim, with no memories, skills, relationships, etc.

Some of those things can be added back using SimPE or in-game cheats.

mermaidofthenile
8th Nov 2010, 4:00 PM
oh cool thanks :)