View Full Version : Age conversion tutorial?
11th Jan 2011, 06:48 PM
Is there an "official" age conversion tutorial? I've found numerous posts on other people's questions, but I tend to learn better when I'm shown step by step how to do something, especially when its as complicated as meshing. So is there a tutorial, or am I going to have to take the tips and wing it?
11th Jan 2011, 07:48 PM
As far as I know, there isn't one. I wish there was; it sure would have helped when I was learning to do it!
Age conversions are not much harder than regular meshes. For example, here's what you'd do if you wanted to convert an adult outfit to a child (this is assuming you're already proficient at making meshes):
1. Export a project in Body Shop that's the age you want to end up with (in this case, a child).
2. Export an adult project.
3. In SimPE, do the standard exporting of the GMDCs for editing in MilkShape. Do this for both ages.
4. When you make your mesh file, you do it using the child files (not the adult ones).
5. Same thing in MilkShape. When you import your GMDC, you import the child one first. This will ensure that your project has a child skeleton. Then you can import your adult GMDC over top of the child one, resize it to a child's size (making sure to match it up perfectly with the neck, or you'll have a line there), and make sure all the elbows and knees are in the same places. At the very end, when you've got the shape you want, you can delete the original child GMDC.
6. Import your altered GMDC into the child mesh file you made in SimPE.
7. Your age conversion should show up in Body Shop.
If you have any questions, let me know.
12th Jan 2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I did already figure it out from reading other posts, but at least now I'll have an easy way to find it. I guess I'll just have to trial and error my way through this. It honestly doesn't seem too difficult. Thanks again for responding, and maybe once I get decent at age conversions, I'll create a tutorial to save someone else from having to search through the message boards like I did...
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.