View Full Version : Uninstalled EP, Reinstalled older EP, Now CAW isn't working * SOLVED*
25th May 2012, 11:16 PM
Yep, it's that magical time again when I decide to mess around with my game, and end up borking everything.
Basically, I had LN & Pets installed and hadn't updated anything to the SHT patch. Then, I uninstalled Pets and re installed WA, updated everything and unsurprisingly, it didn't work. (I'm getting the classic 'splash screen then nothing' error).
Is there any way I can get CAW to be compatible with LN & WA without buying SHT? Thanks in advance. :)
EDIT: I decided to installed a newer EP (Pets) but still nothing. So annoying!
27th May 2012, 03:04 PM
Hey guys - I (after a lot of annoyance) managed to solve my problem.
What I had to do was:
1. Uninstall everything (yeah, I know...)
2. Choose a patch level that would work across the board. Check here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Patch_Table#osx
(I chose the 1 February 2011 patches as I wanted WA & AMB to be compatible with CAW)
3. Download the patches needed. Available here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Patching:Patch_Download/Archived
4. Re-install my games, manually patching as needed. ( :alarm: Don't let the launcher patch your game! :alarm: ) You may have to do it one by one, which is a pain.
5. Download the corresponding version of CAW. Old versions available here: http://www.modthesims.info/m/showpost.php?p=3592794&postcount=18
If you have a digital copy of the base game, you may need to install CAW in the 'origin games' programme files folder.
Yes, it is difficult, but if you for whatever reason only want older EP's and CAW to be installed, this is probably the only way for it to work. CURSE YOU, EA! :(
Thanks to all the people with the resources! I couldn't have gotten my stuff to work without you guys! :up:
8th Jun 2012, 01:00 PM
Well done for getting it working, and thanks for the information!
Maybe this will help someone. :)
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.