PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Sedona: The Desert Hamlet

AliaD85
4th Sep 2017, 8:00 AM
AliaD85: It's been a while since my invite to the group from Emperor Cat (THANKS AGAIN!), but so much was going on with my game that I really didn't have time to chronicle it all. Currently, there is a lot going on in both of my neighborhoods. However, it's easier to begin with the smaller neighborhood. (For the sake of my sanity if nothing else.) So here is Sedona (my version).
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79594_170904065253-Sedona%20the%20Hamlet.jpg

I originally planned to explain to you the history I created for my version of Sedona, which was created by the amazing Hood Building Group (http://modthesims.info/d/563454). However, that's not my style. It's neither my writing style nor my personality.

Beginning with the next post, you'll hear about Sedona in full with all the dirty details (Not that dirty. Honestly!). We'll be starting in the town's current crisis. You'll receive a lot of information on the characters, their personalities, and their histories, but it won't be through my boring narration. It will be through the sims' thoughts and actions.

Finally, here's some funny advice. Google Sedona! It's an actual city in Arizona, but not as awesome as the versions my fellow creators and I have made! Now, with that out of the way...

:alarm: UPDATED AS OF FEBRUARY 16, 2018 :alarm:

:alarm: WARNING :alarm: : For those that are sensitive about sim sexuality, alien sexuality, sim/sim alien behaviors, infidelity, dystopian/matriarchal societies, violent behavior (mildly described) within those societies, general violence, human/alien experimentation, vague mentions of child neglect/abuse, male pregnancy or whatever you think actually happens when a sim is alien abducted, mild domestic abuse, and very likely murder, PLEASE read with caution. (And yes, I may add more warnings later.) Also, on a side note, I tend to do more male/male pairings than any other couple. Again, please read with caution. :deal:

Otherwise, welcome to my little desert hamlet, Sedona!

AliaD85
4th Sep 2017, 9:24 AM
The Fletcher Household:

Ethan Fletcher, newly elected mayor (and only city official), walked up to the renovated town hall of Sedona with a little proud smile. This building marked his first real accomplishment in years after moving to Sedona. The small hamlet was isolated, but the strange natives were welcoming and kind. Sedona offered Ethan the type of atmosphere he never received in SimCity. Despite the way his life ended in SimCity, he was grateful to start over.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79584_170904045801-SedonaTownHall.jpg

Thankful for the warm welcome of him and his little wine vineyard, he wanted to return the gesture. The one thing everyone desperately wanted in Sedona was local town services. He wasn't surprised to hear about the lack of services in Sedona. It truly was a small place, however, the recent population boom at least called for very basic services. What stunned Ethan was how insistent SimCity was about keeping tax funds they received from Sedona citizens. They didn't believe the hamlet would exist long enough to deserve actual services.

That was absolute nonsense considering the rather large military base hidden in the nearby valley, but Ethan wasn't discouraged. He had quite the political background after all. He'd waited patiently until the next round of elections in SimCity to visit. It had taken quite a bit of schmoozing and pulling one or two old resources to convince SimCity to return Sedona tax money for open their own services. The small town now had a police officer, a fireman, an old firetruck and police car, and a library. There was even enough money for Ethan to convince SimCity officials to renovated the crumbling town hall that hadn't been used in years to house the new services.

Ethan narrowed his eyes and made sure that the Xmas lights he'd bought on sale held on the building one more time before going inside to light the Christmas Trees. The town hall had to be perfect.

It was the first time in years that all of Sedona's residents would convene in one place. Old and new residents would be meeting with a SimCity official and a representative from a building company specifically selected by the local military base. The subject was very important to their little hamlet, and Ethan worried about how it would all end. Sedona was asking the SimCity Board of Education to provide a school for their small region.

Ethan paused hearing the phone ring from the library. He rushed through the hallway to the library phone. "Sedona library, this is Ethan. How may I help you?" Silently, Ethan wondered when the townsfolk elected him as mayor did they also mean to elect him as the local librarian. At least this earned him two small paychecks instead of one.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79577_170904045745-Sedona%20Town%20Library.jpg

"Ah, um," a voice stumbled awkwardly over the phone and Ethan smiled, as he instantly recognized Kirk Barrett, Sedona native and local mechanic.

"Good morning, Kirk. What can I do for you?"

A huff of relief was heard over the phone. "Right. Ethan, is the meeting tonight?"

"Yes. Meeting starts at 7 pm. Hopefully, SimCity actually shows up but I doubt it. Are you attending?"

"I plan to come along with Dr. Beaker." Ethan struggled not to laugh at that. "Are you expecting a lot of people?"

"I expect the whole town to show up. We know most of our local parents will definitely arrive. No one wants a two hour bus commute to and from a school!"

"You're right. I certainly wouldn't want that for my child. Um, ah... Not that I'm planning that or anything."

"Right...." Ethan shook his head with a grin. After a few reassurances that he had everything in hand, Ethan hung up and headed for the main meeting area of the town hall.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79581_170904045756-Sedona5.jpg

Standing in the front of the room, Ethan took a deep breath and silently hoped that the meeting would end well. A school brought everyone hope that Sedona would continue to grow. Were the people strange and different? Absolutely, but everyone came to love their new home. They wanted the best for it.

The little desert hamlet provided Ethan with the hope and home he'd desperately needed after SimCity. If he was lucky, he could give it back.

(AliaD85: Are my pictures too big? Should I make them smaller?)

lordtyger9
4th Sep 2017, 9:46 AM
@AliaD85 I like The Fletcher Household and Ethan Fletcher. Ethan seems interesting.

I think your Story so far is quite interesting and I am looking forward to more.

I am not that sensitive myself so no worries as far as I am concerned.

Your Pictures are fine as they are, no need to make them smaller at all.

Cher64
5th Sep 2017, 1:03 AM
I hope the whole town does show up for the meeting, and that Sedona can get a school. That would help your little town thrive. Ethan has his work cut out for him!

AliaD85
6th Sep 2017, 8:21 AM
Lari Household:

Tarek mopped up the remaining water used to clean the new bathroom floor tile. He nodded absently as he listened to the continued babbling of the man- well... The alien behind him making sure the new shower head was installed properly.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79611_170906071444Sedona%20Tarek%20and%20Hanuel.jpg

"Thankfully, the company provides free delivery services. We should more than enough materials to add a second floor to our hom- the house. Now, that the bathroom is finished, I can begin building as soon as John and David begin their education."

Tarek pretended he'd missed the stumbled words and nodded. "That's a good idea. We definitely need a bigger house." With two adults and two early pre-schoolers, there simply wasn't enough room in the formerly one bedroom house. When the twins were very young, Tarek's finances were extremely low, but a second person in the house helped tremendously. In the beginning, Tarek had been hesitant to have his sons' other parent involved in their lives, but in the end, it was the best decision he'd ever made.

Haneul was a wonderful father, co-parent, and friend. When Tarek was burning the midnight oil studying beekeeping and giving financial advice online to earn money, Haneul was caring for their busy twins and learning how to knit blankets to sell online. The alien was also a wizard when it came to building and mechanics and occasionally earned a little cash helping the local mechanic. Without Haneul's help, it would have been impossible to renovate the kitchen, bathrooms, and add an additional bedroom for the twins to share.

A second floor would give the small family more room. While Haneul never complained, Tarek didn't like that his friend - because they were friends now - was sleeping on an air mattress in Tarek's bedroom. Haneul was so grateful for a place to sleep near his children for a short time.

Months later, Tarek realized something else after Haneul's continued presence in his home. He didn't like how surprised Haneul acted at any act of kindness.

"I have finished!" Haneul examined the tile and head of the new shower as he stepped out. Tarek set aside his mop as Hanuel asked, "What would you like for breakfast?"

Tarek immediately opened his mouth to say pancakes but knew Haneul was still on his Japanese culture kick. "Anything's good for me."

Which is how Hanuel ended up eating homemade Japanese Ramen while Tarek grabbed a couple bagels. He thought it was ridiculous to have ramen for a morning meal, but Tarek wouldn't complain. Haneul was a great cook and quite happy with his current meal. The alien in question was slowly eating his ramen with a peaceful smile. He never ate his meals quickly.

Looking at the alien, Tarek noticed a few long stands of Haneul's hair peeking out of the baseball cap he'd received from his friend Goker. He felt a bit like an idiot for not noticing. "I have a question."

"Of course." Haneul looked at Tarek expectantly.

"Adam and Goker both had hair, but when you arrived, you didn't have any? Why not? I mean is it because it grows so fast?" Tarek trailed off at the end of his question as he literally watched Hanuel's expression turn plastic. He didn't think it was possible to see an alien pale.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79575_170904045742-Sedona%20Tarek%20and%20Hanuel2.jpg

"Ah. I-it actually depends - depended on your caste. Adam has genius level intelligence and was the top of his field. Goker was actually born into a... high status household." Tarek raised an eyebrow at that odd wording. "I was born into the lowest level caste, and the lack of hair was meant to reflect that."

Tarek had a feeling the answers he received had a lot of hidden meaning, but he decided not to chase that information today. "Right. Are we still going to this meeting tonight?"

Haneul immediately livened back up. "Yes! The opportunity to have a school nearby instead of two hours away is not one to be passed up."

Tarek rolled his eyes. "So says the mother hen who just wants the twins close by."

lordtyger9
6th Sep 2017, 10:17 AM
@AliaD85 Love the Lari Household.

Tarek and Haneul living together is great.

I love a mystery and there seems like one here.

Great pics.

Also you all know that I love Aliens. :lol:

Cher64
6th Sep 2017, 4:25 PM
Yes, there seems to be quite a mystery in the Lari house; it will be fun to see what it is.

AliaD85
15th Sep 2017, 6:31 AM
Arizona Household:

Goker quietly closed the door behind him and stood for a moment, staring out into space.

Dakota turned from the stove. One look at his brother's face made him sigh. His nephews had been fighting again. "Breakfast is ready!"

Goker flinched in surprise before giving his brother a smile. "What did you cook?"

Dakota held up two bowls of strawberry oatmeal. He wasn't much of a cook, an embarrassing lack of skill from his early years, but he'd learned enough to provide for himself. Now, he could provide a meal for his brother and nephews. "It's rather cold out, so you need something warm."

"That's sounds wonderful!" Goker's body temperature was slightly lower than his brother's warmer human body. During the current desert winter, he enjoyed the warm/hot meals his brother made. Goker knew that cooking was not one of his skills.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79931_170915034349Sedona%20Dakota%20and%20Goker.jpg

The two men sat at their small kitchen table for breakfast. Dakota glanced at the closed nursery. Technically, it was no longer in business as the toddlers once attending his daycare would be attending a local (distant) school soon. Of course, Dakota wasn't sure if his brother would send his children. Sylven and Lucien weren't quite socially ready to interact with other children, despite Dr. Beaker's encouragement.

"Are you sure you want to watch all of the children tonight?" Goker knew his brother was a caretaker but taking care of 6 children alone was a bit much.

Dakota smiled in honest excitement. "Ah they're good kids! If I give them something to do, they'll be busy most of the night! Besides, this will give John, David, Janus and Kale the chance to meet the Spurlock twins before they start school together." Dakota paused and looked at the nursery door again. "Are you sure you don't want to attend the school meeting tonight? The boys can join the other children."

"I do not believe the twins are prepared for socializing just yet." It was painful to admit. The moment he'd known they existed, Goker had loved his children. They were the very reason he'd risked his life escaping to Earth. Yet, he had little peace when he placed his boys together. It should be impossible for children so young to despise each other. His boys did, and it broke the alien's heart.

"Dr. Beaker said it would be a good thing. They should meet other children!"

"Not when all they do is-," Goker paused when he heard yelling followed by a smack and loud sobbing from the nursery. Dakota's shoulders sank as his brother rushed to check on his children.

The human wondered how long it would be before the twins fully recovered from their time in Aaron Atkin's home.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79923_170914174112-Sedona%20Gokers%20Arguing%20kids.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTE: The twins are the reason I desperately need a inTeen compatible Lecture interaction.

lordtyger9
15th Sep 2017, 4:29 PM
@AliaD85 oh now the Arizona Household. With Yet Another Mystery, this time in this case what happened in Aaron Atkin's home and why were the twins there in the first place.

I like Goker The Alien and Dakota the human brother they are kind of mysterious too.

6 children, Goker has 6 that are his? OK we have John, David, Janus and Kale with the Spurlock twins. Are the Spurlock twins the ones that fight each other all of the time?

CREATOR'S NOTE: The twins are the reason I desperately need a inTeen compatible Lecture interaction.

inTeen has a large number of incompatiable Mods and that is the major reason I don't use it. I would uninstall it personally. I woul offer help if I knew anything in particular about inTeen. AFAIk the only thing you get with inTeen that you can't get with other Mods or Object mods is having teens get preganant, is there another reason you use it besides Teen Pregnancy?

AliaD85
16th Sep 2017, 1:35 AM
@AliaD85 oh now the Arizona Household. With Yet Another Mystery, this time in this case what happened in Aaron Atkin's home and why were the twins there in the first place.

I like Goker The Alien and Dakota the human brother they are kind of mysterious too.

6 children, Goker has 6 that are his? OK we have John, David, Janus and Kale with the Spurlock twins. Are the Spurlock twins the ones that fight each other all of the time?

inTeen has a large number of incompatiable Mods and that is the major reason I don't use it. I would uninstall it personally. I woul offer help if I knew anything in particular about inTeen. AFAIk the only thing you get with inTeen that you can't get with other Mods or Object mods is having teens get preganant, is there another reason you use it besides Teen Pregnancy?
Not particularly. It's mostly teen pregnancy and the slight risk of miscarriage (which is bad but I wanted it in my game), but before I installed it, I didn't know that it had many incompatible mods. This is actually the first one I've stumbled across (Lecture Mod). Honestly, I'm sort of fascinated by Goker's twins. I've never had siblings that disliked each other before in my gameplay. I have to wonder if Goker lecturing would even work really.

And no. Goker only has his two sons. Dakota is babysitting for Tarek and Haneul's twins, the Spurlock twins and the Collinsworth twins. You'll see those households coming up really soon. It's just not a good idea to bring small children to a town meeting where the adults need to pay close attention to what's going on.

Goker and Dakota are siblings though actually half-siblings. They share a parent! And as for the twins living with Aaron in their early lives? That's coming up next too! :D

AliaD85
16th Sep 2017, 7:56 PM
Collinsworth Household:

It was a rare moment in the Collinsworth house. Only the rapid tapping of computer keys were heard in the normally busy residence. Yet, the two adults reveled in the opportunity to enjoy a quiet morning atmosphere.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79921_170914174048-Sedona%20Adam%20and%20Phil%202.jpg
Pushing up his glasses, Phil fought a blush as he continued typing through a rather romantic chapter of his latest book. He never thought he was the type of person to write risque Sci-Fi novels, but he'd been in desperate need of money to care for his newborn sons. Thankfully, the lastest book was half finished, much to his embarrassed relief, but his publisher and editor were pushing for a new series now that his first trilogy was almost complete. His dumb books had turned out moderately successful.

Phil had a few ideas for a new series, but he would need to speak to his partner about them first. He knew that some of the topics he considered adding to his new series would be a bit sensitive to the residents of their little community.

Phil had a lot of new friends, and he didn't want to lose any because he poked at old hurts. Goker and Phil's partner would be fine, but Tarek had told Phil of Haneul's night terrors. Phil really hoped Haneul finally saw Dr. Beaker about those.

With the aliens in his mind, Phil glanced out of the corner of his eye to his smiling partner meditating on his floor.
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79920_170914174046-Sedona%20Adam%20and%20Phil%201.jpg

Adam was actually taking a moment to rest his mind. Phil was quite thankful for it, too. Between his work with Dr. Beaker, his tutoring and care of their children, his research on humanity, and, lately, his need to drive Phil insane with his mothering, the alien was usually quite busy. Thankfully, he was doing something about his restless nature by meditating.

Phil really needed to suggest a busier occupation for Adam. Despite his busy schedule, Adam need more to do with their children heading off to school. There was no way Phil wanted him home all the time. Despite the happiness in their romantic relationship, Phil didn't need someone hovering over him because of his health condition!

"I have every reason to be concerned."

Phil flinched. He hated when Adam read his mind so easily. Stupid, gifted genius alien. Adam stood from the floor with a concerned look on his face. "You are human. It's understandable that I am worried for your health."

"I'm fine!" Phil stood and walked over to Adam. "Dr. Beaker said that everything was perfect. There's no reason to be worried. Let's just keep our minds on one thing at a time. We have the town hall tonight! Dakota already called, so we can drop Janus and Kale off with him."
http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79919_170914174046-Sedona%20Adam%20and%20Phil%203.jpg

Adam wasn't particularly pleased at the change of subject but decided to leave it alone for the time. He would speak to Dr. Beaker again about the blood test results. Both the doctor and Adam knew that something wasn't quite right.

This wasn't suppose to happen again.

SIMelissa
18th Sep 2017, 3:46 AM
Great updates! @AliaD85, I feel for you with the problems you're having with Goker's twins.
Maybe when they are older, they'll find it easier to get along.

lordtyger9
18th Sep 2017, 9:11 AM
I say great update @AliaD85 as well.

The various Siblings in my game as well as housemates growing up in the same house don't seem to fight or argue. Though I have several that give each other noogies, even boyfriend and girlfriend couples give noogies to each other.

I love how your story is progressing. I am enjoying the wait for more revealing information.

Phil and Adam remind me a little of Kirk and Spock, with The Alien being Spock of course. :lol:

AliaD85
26th Sep 2017, 6:42 AM
The Sedona Town Hall / Fletcher Household:

"Do you think this will go well, Fletcher?" Peter-Paul van Groeningen asked Ethan as people gathered inside the town hall meeting room.

Ethan shook his head. "I'm optimistic, but I don't trust SimCity for a minute. They aren't known to provide services or money to anyone outside of the major parts of the city."

"Yet they still expect us to pay taxes." Anitra Bennemo complained as she walked up to the two men. Ethan's part-time secretary, and the town's only hairdresser, continued, "Ethan, the lady from the construction firm is here. She said she has some information for our mayor before the meeting starts. She's waiting for you in your office." Ethan's office being the police station/fire station/mayor's office.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/80150_170926040854-Sedona%20early%20town%20hall.jpg

"Thanks, Anitra! Peter-Paul, I'll talk to you later." With his quick goodbye, Ethan walked through the small group hovering in the hallway walking toward the meeting room.

Ethan waved quickly to Tarek, Hanuel, Phil, Adam, a few of the officers from the local military base and other residents heading to their seats in the meeting room. He paused at the glass door of his office to smile at a few late arrivals. Dr. Beaker nodded respectfully as Kirk Barrett waved to Ethan. Surprisingly, the two men were followed closely by Patient L, who smiled weakly at Ethan. The mayor of Sedona loudly greeted the trio before dipping into his office and immediately freezing in complete shock.
(Alia: I took an amazing picture and now I can't find it. I'll replace it later.)

Ethan stared at the young woman even as she smiled shyly at him. "Hello, Ethan."

"W-what are you doing here?" Ethan took a step back, bumping into the door.

The woman blushed before raising the presentation board and briefcase she carried. "Ethan, I'm the representative for D & D Dreamer Building Systems. The military contracted our company for any commercial building in the area."

Ethan felt horrified that the last person in the world he wanted to be near was in his office, in his new town. He wanted to run home and hide from the memories bubbling up in the woman's presence, but his friends were waiting for them. He cleared his throat. "Of course. We're happy to have you."

She said nothing about the obvious lie.

"Well, the meeting is about to begin now. If you're ready, please follow me." He quickly turned to exit the door, ignoring the soft plea of his name. He wasn't ready to deal with that situation just yet.

Ethan, and the Dreamer Building System employee, entered the meeting room. Many people were still gathered in the back of the group to greet friends and talk. Others had already taken their seats. The volume of the diverse group of folk quieted as Ethan and his surprised guest entered, but the whispered conversations continued.

The blond woman stumbled a bit as she set up her tripod and presentation board. She couldn't help but stare at a few of the people with oddly colored skin and disturbing eyes. She had never seen anything like it. The people appeared human but seemed almost... alien.

Ethan saw the fearful expression and quickly whispered, "I know it looks strange, but it's really unfortunate. A failed experiment by one of the mad scientists at the local base over twenty years ago. It contaminated the local water and created some odd side effects in a few of our locals over the years." At least that was the story Sedona residents gave.

The architect relaxed immediately and stood beside a nervous Ethan, waiting to begin the town hall. "But they're all right?"

"Depends on how this meeting goes."

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/80146_170926033432-SedonaTownMeeting1.jpg

Clearing his throat, Ethan looked out at the worried and eager faces. He waved those in the back to take their seats as he greeted his constituents. "Good evening, everyone. I want to welcome you all to the our first town meeting in..." Ethan blinked, "A very long time!" Ethan paused, waiting for the laughter to die down.

"Of course, we've all gathered for a very important venture. Our little hamlet is growing quickly, and we need a school closer to our area, not two hours away. Here to discuss that with us is a representative from D & D Dreamer Building Systems."

"Everyone please say hello to Lexie Love," 'My wife' Ethan thought silently.

Cher64
27th Sep 2017, 9:50 PM
I like how supportive Dakota is to his brother and nephews. He seems to be a very nice man, a caretaker as Goker noted, and someone who wants very much to do the right things.

I've never had siblings not get along; that looks like a real challenge.

Hmmm, I wonder what is wrong with Phil's health, and if he'll face up to it and let Adam help him.

I also wonder how the situation with Lexie and Ethan will affect how she works for (or against) a local school for Sedona.

lordtyger9
28th Sep 2017, 12:49 AM
I like the comment and explanation regarding the Aliens.

I hope that Ethan does not have big problems with his wife Lexie.

Facinating story line as per usual and like always I am awaiting the next installment.

lilyeverlasting
2nd Dec 2017, 6:26 PM
I just wanted to say I read this all last night and really enjoyed it. Curious to see if Tarek and his PT will maybe fall in love, what will happen with the town and Ethan, and Adam and Phil!! I feel bad for the Atkins twins, I like Goker and Dakota, I hope the twins can eventually get along. If you decide to continue (or if you have a simblr where you're posting this story I'd love to follow) you will definitely have another reader.

simsample
5th Dec 2017, 2:34 PM
Wow, what an interesting town @AliaD85 ! :)

I really like your aliens- I think Haneul is my favourite so far. :king:

What a lot of mysteries we are encountering- I'll definitely be reading when you update again! :lovestruc

AliaD85
6th Dec 2017, 5:53 AM
@simsample @lilyeverlasting Sorry for the long wait you guys, but thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my little hamlet. I want to post, and have the pics for it, but I've had my head buried in a mod lately. For a newbie modder like me, it's something that needs a lot of attention. I think I may take a step back for a bit on modding though. It's a lot of fun making a mod, but it's nice to play and enjoy your hood even more.

(BTW, between you and I, simsample, Hanuel is my favorite too!

AliaD85
17th Dec 2017, 5:45 AM
Sedona Town Hall Meeting:

"Good evening everyone!" Lexie began with a smile. "Thank you all for coming and supporting the proposal to create a local school in the Sedona area. I've also heard that you have the support of your local military base, who wish to donate to the project should it go through. D & D Dreamer Building Systems was quite pleased to hear about the local community effort to build a school in the area.

"Unfortunately, I need to apologize." Lexie felt uncomfortable at the sudden mood change she felt with her words. Even Ethan stiffened beside her with a sudden frown. "As you see, the representative from Sim City did not arrive. They contacted Dreamer Building Systems and asked that we inform you that there was an emergency preventing them from attending."

"Gotta a feeling that this emergency is nothing but crap," announced Ronald Manning. The lieutenant commander from the local military based eyed the nervous architect. A few people grumbled while more than one of the local parents suddenly looked worried.

"I'm... unable to provide any further information about the representative's absence this evening, but I was authorized by D & D Dreamer Building to give you the decision reached by the SimCity Council."

Surprised exclamations echoed through the room. Ethan's eyes widened in surprise. He didn't realize a decision had been reached. He thought the city would negotiate with them first.

"They told you their decision before alerting us?" Tarek said incredulously. He and a few others glanced at Ethan, who shook his head. SimCity hadn't even told Sedona's mayor! Tarek frowned and absently reached over to pat Hanuel's wringing hands.

"They did speak to my company immediately after the decision was made. I'm here to share their final judgment with you as well as the final determination by my company."

"So what did they say?" Phil asked, flustered and impatient. He scowled with irritation when Adam leaned over and quietly reminded him of Dr. Beaker's orders.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/80145_170926033432-SedonaTownMeeting2.jpg

Lexie took a deep breath. She knew the hamlet would be unhappy with her report. "The SimCity Council is willing to provide two choices to provide schooling to the children in the area. However, should the choices to rejected, any upcoming students will need to attend the nearest school."

"Which is ridiculously two hours away," muttered Darren Green, a local military officer. Bill Rose, a local restaurant owner, nodded.

"So what are the choices," asked Anitra.

"SimCity has decided to renovate the old Sedona school building located here in town." Lexie winced at the stupefied looks of her audience. "They feel that there is no need to build a new building when the old one can be restored. The discussed budget would be about §5000 for the full renovation project."

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79925_170914174122-Sedona%20One%20Room%20School%20House.jpg

"That's impossible!" cried Kirk Barrett, who cringed when multiple people glanced his way. Dr. Beaker, who was seated next to the mechanic, reached over to give Kirk's hand a little squeeze of encouragement. Blushing, Kirk continued, "That old building is nearly rotten away with mold. The roof is half gone, some of the walls have crumbled away, and who knows what has made a home in it after all these years. That school was ready for demolition before my father was born. There's no way §5000 will be enough."

"What's the other choice?" Ethan asked, silently furious with SimCity. He was even more grateful he'd moved to Sedona.

Lexie flipped her presentation board to show the small trailer that SimCity offered to have built. "This mobile unit can be used for schooling. It's not ideal, but it will work for the current number of students in the area."

No one was happy with a dull trailer for a school, but it was better than slapping paint on a dilapidated building.

"Unfortunately, though they are providing the building and basic furnishings, they don't intend to supply a teacher for the school."

"What?" snapped Albert Baltimore, a local store owner, before he clamped a hand over his mouth.

Lexie nodded. "SimCity intends for an instructor to teach remotely three times a week."

"That is completely unacceptable!" Hanuel whispered to Tarek, who agreed. The education of all the children would suffer. There was no doubt about that.

"Ms. Love, these choices purposely box us into a corner. Either Sedona's children don't receive an adequate education, they reside in dangerous facilities, or we're forced to send the children two hours away daily." Oliver Beaker decided to speak with Ethan about homeschooling information. SimCity offered no favorable solutions.

"Yes! And I understand your frustration," she smiled, "and so do my employers. Which is why D & D Dreamers has one more alternative solution for you thanks to the local military base."
(Alia: UGH. Politics...)

lordtyger9
17th Dec 2017, 8:05 AM
@AliaD85 I really enjoyed your Sedona Town Hall Meeting. I look forward to learning what the last alternative solution concerning the school will be.

I like politics actually. lol

Cher64
18th Dec 2017, 3:32 AM
Oooh, I wonder what D & D Dreamers has to offer. It couldn't be worse than the current situation, could it?

AliaD85
22nd Dec 2017, 1:54 AM
“Let me show you!”

Suddenly energized, Lexie pulled up another picture on her presentation board. It was a picture of a small, school building. The design was straight lined and modern. It was obviously designed to be simple but functional.

More than one Sedona resident was surprised and very pleased by the school design.

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/79924_170914174116-Sedona%20New%20School.jpg

“D & D Dreamer Building Systems have an ongoing project featuring the growing use of modular building. Modular buildings are prefabricated sections of a full structure built off-site. These large construction pieces are then brought on-site so that construction can be completed. It saves time, money, and labor! D & D Dreamer have been using modular construction for both commercial and residential builds. The buildings also offer the ability for expansions in the future!

“Currently, our company is expanding our modular building sectors. Because of this project and the assistance of the military base, we have a proposition for your small town.”

“Proposition?” It was barely loud enough to be heard. Dr. Beaker glanced over his shoulder with a small smile. Patient L, called Erik by many of the locals, sat in the back of the meeting room next to Peter-Paul. Unlike Patient C, who’s violent, angry behavior frightened most of Sedona, Patient L was finally well enough to leave the clinic with supervision.

“D & D Dreamer proposes a small modular build for your school! While regular schools would cost hundreds of thousands of simoleans, this particular building would only cost §40,000.”

“There’s no way the town can afford that, even if it’s better than that trailer,” said Bill Rose.

“Actually, this is affordable. The local military base, Fritz Grunz, actually promised to provide §35,000 for building and salaries for two instructors.”

Ethan paused, the numbers running wild through his head. He glanced up to catch the eyes of Ronald Manning who mouthed ‘bad math’ at him. Everything clicked. “Wait. The base promised that much for a school, and all SimCity wanted to give us was a trailer without a teacher?”

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/80147_170926033434-SedonaTownMeeting3.jpg

Lexie frowned. “According to my supervisor, and this is off the record, someone may be pocketing the extra money from the base.”

Ronald snorted. If any idiot thought they could slip past their accounting department, they were insane.

“But that’s one of the reasons why D & D Dreamer wants to work with the community. We not only want to showcase a project but show you how we support growing communities.”

“But we’re still short on money, correct?” asked Adam.

“For the building? No,” Lexie answered with a smile. “With the §5,000 promised by SimCity, we’re right on budget. The local base has taken care of teaching and administration; however, there is one issue.”

“What’s wrong?” asked Peter-Paul.

“We have both staff and building under control, but there are no furnishings or equipment under our budget. We need at least another §10,000 to successfully build a functioning school. My supervisor asked me to speak to the community about our budget shortfall. If you can come up with the money, we can begin building immediately.”

Multiple residents cursed or sighed despondently. Their community was not a wealthy one. Most people barely lived paycheck to paycheck. Even those that lived comfortably had to be extremely careful with money. The businesses in town barely stayed afloat. There was no way they could afford even half the money Love was asking for.

“I’ll give it to you.” Mrs. Remedios Suárez, the oldest citizen living in Sedona, stood and walked to the front of the meeting hall. “You’ll get the money from me, dear.”

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/80148_170926033435-SedonaTownMeeting4.jpg

Lexie smiled brightly while more than one person called out in disagreement. Many were worried that the sum of money would leave Mrs Suárez destitute. However, the old woman shushed them easily. “All of you be quiet. I’ve more than enough left to be quite happy.” She turned to Lexie and Ethan. “My Alonso loved children. We were never able to have any, but the least I can do is take care of the children here and now. You’ll have the money by tomorrow.”

Ethan smiled before looking out at the excited crowd. “I guess all we need now are teachers!”

Everyone looked up as Adam stood with a yelp. A smug looking Phil graciously offered the alien’s seat to Lexie before shooing Adam to the center aisle. The writer finally found a way to get peace and quiet at home.

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/80144_170926033429-SedonaTownMeeting5.jpg

Shaking his head, Adam laughed and said, “If you would have me, I think I would like to be your new teacher and principal.”

An applause overtook the excited Sedona crowd. Despite SimCity corruption, they finally had a school!

(Alia: I had a lot of fun building that school to an exact budget of $50,000. Never building on an exact budget before. I'll need to do it again! BTW, the story isn't nearly over just yet! One more piece of the town hall to go!)

lordtyger9
22nd Dec 2017, 5:07 PM
@AliaD85

I really enjoy reading about your Sedona desert hamlet. do please continue to tell us about your story, it is facinating.

I only wish I could come up with such a rivetting story for my Überhood, I just have the Aliens gradually spreading out and blending in, and now they are having normal looking babies.

AliaD85
22nd Dec 2017, 6:19 PM
@AliaD85

I really enjoy reading about your Sedona desert hamlet. do please continue to tell us about your story, it is facinating.

I only wish I could come up with such a rivetting story for my Überhood, I just have the Aliens gradually spreading out and blending in, and now they are having normal looking [email protected] Sounds like they're quietly taking over the world! Maybe you should have a group of sims that don't want the aliens there. Under the sims 2 discussion board, they have a storyline help. Maybe everyone can help you with an exciting idea.

lordtyger9
22nd Dec 2017, 8:15 PM
@lordtyger9 Sounds like they're quietly taking over the world! Maybe you should have a group of sims that don't want the aliens there. Under the sims 2 discussion board, they have a storyline help. Maybe everyone can help you with an exciting idea.

Oh they ARE taking over the world, slowly though. Strangetown and Bluewater village are well started, and now Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview and Veronaville are in their sights. {I just recently added the other Neighborhoods to Strangetown}.

News: The Sim most likely to be chosen as the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance General Buzz Grunt has been found to have two Alien Lovers that he impregnated when it was revealed recently that Chloe and her sister Lola are both Pregnant by General Buzz Grunt head of the Strangetown Military.

I will ask in Story Dilemma Advice if anyone has any suggestions for some sims that might be inclined to be the head of the Anti-Alien Alliance, heh I have something like 4 Alien Clans plus the products of the Abductions in my game and all of the Aliens work on making matches with mostly non-Aliens. Not every Sim household has an Alien, but a lot of them do. LOL

Charmful
1st Jan 2018, 12:43 AM
@AliaD85 - your school is very nice! I like the look of it and how the meeting was laid out with the Christmas Tree in the background. I also liked the narrative story style you told that went with it :)
How did you get a text character for the simoleon??

AliaD85
12th Jan 2018, 11:50 PM
(Alia: My apologies for the late posting. Between work, the holiday season, and a recent death in the family... yeah... But here is the final part of the Sedona town hall! Then, it's time to jump into life in the town. It only gets more interesting from here. Btw, @Charmful Would you believe I googled simoleon and just copied and pasted?
For everyone who doesn't know, Sunni of Medieval Sims is currently very ill and in ICU. She's gifted us for many years with amazing projects and even more with her incredible mind and personality. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
NOW, ON TO THE MADNESS!)

Sedona Town Hall (After the Meeting):

After many of the excited Sedona residents excited the meeting room, Ethan greeted and thanked Mrs. Suarez for her help. "There's no way we would have been able to get this off this ground without you!"

Remedios smiled. "Dear heart, I was more than happy to do it. Having these children in Sedona has been a blessing! They've brought life to the town! And with more little ones on the way, they need a school closer to home."

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79590_170904045813-SedonaTownMeetingFinal.jpg

Ethan blinked. He glanced out of the meeting room door at a the ladies in the main hall before looking at a knowing and very amused Remedios. She pat his shoulder sweetly before walking off to speak to the old man that owned the local restaurant.

"Right..." Shaking his head, Ethan looked around for one woman in particular. He'd seen her shaking hands with everyone, including being waylaid by a very excited Hanuel. Now, Lexie was missing. Conflicted with himself, Ethan hesitantly entered the hallway, smiling and walking quickly in order not to be caught in a conversation. A quick glance over Dr. Beaker's shoulder revealed Lexie slowly putting away her presentation board and cleaning up her bag in the library.

Slipping past Beaker, Erik and Kirk, Ethan opened the door, closing it quickly behind him. Lexie looked up surprised to see him. "Oh! Ethan? Um... Do you have any questions about the build?"

Opening his mouth, Ethan suddenly felt like an idiot. He couldn't understand why he'd chased his wife especially after everything that happened. The last time he'd seen Lexie, she was standing of the door of the their condo begging him to stay. Not that it was going to happen at the time. He had been contemplating the dead end of his life when he'd come home to see his wife making out with some stranger on the couch. That had been the straw that broke the camel's back. That same night, he packed his bag, quit his job on the way out of town, and sold his car after arriving in Sedona to live his crazy idea of starting a vineyard.

Ethan had no regrets about it. He hated how his life was in SimCity. His job was horrible, his friends were horrible, his family was horrible, and, in all honesty, he'd been horrible too. Which was probably why he was in the one room library of a hamlet's renovated town hall trying to speak to his estranged wife.

Lexie had been the only good thing in SimCity. She was warm, kind, and supportive. Lexie was always willing to give her time, money, and attention to Ethan when he was buried in his work. She was the type of sim that gave freely. But that doesn't work in a marriage. It's give and take, not just give.

Ethan was standing in front of his wife because the failure of their marriage was half his fault. She may have cheated, but Ethan had been mentally absent from their marriage for years. "N-no. No, I don't have any questions. I... just wanted to thank you, Lexie, for today. We really appreciate it." He mentally yelled at himself for not saying what he meant. No wonder their marriage ended up the way it had. He was never able to communicate!

Lexie's face fell even as she mustered up a smile. "Thank you. I'm happy to help." She looked out the door to see the two men in glasses holding hands. The fondness of the older man was painful to see. Still offering a professional smile, Lexie stepped forward and shook Ethan's hand. "If you need anything or have any questions, please feel free to contact D & D Dreamer."

Shaking his wife's hand, Ethan felt his stomach drop. He knew the next time he saw Lexie, she would be asking for a divorce. Still, it was better this way. "Stay with me."

Lexie stared at her equally stunned husband. "What? D-did you just..."

Ethan had not meant to say that. He'd meant to say thank you and goodbye. But thankfully, someone was looking out for him. "Stay here in Sedona with me. I did it, Lexie. I actually have the vineyard going. It's going to be a bit of time before it's a winery, but it's possible to really start a business."

"Ethan," Lexie started to pull way. "This isn't a good idea. You can't just ask me that. After everything that happened? I'm happy for you, but..." She glanced out the door, hoping no one would see them. "Ethan, I-I'm not a good wife for you and,"

"And I wasn't a good husband. I love you, Lexie. I shouldn't have left when I did or the way that I did. I should have talked to you. I should have talked to you for years. I ignored you when it was your birthday and anniversary. I missed or left dates you spent so much time planning because of a job I hated. I even dismissed you when your last family member died and you needed someone to be there. I wasn't."

"Then why are you-," Lexie shook her head. She loved Ethan, but everything he said was true. It was the very reason she'd sought affection elsewhere. She'd reached a point of desperation.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79582_170904045757-SedonaMayorSecret.jpg

"Because, I'll never forgive myself if I let you leave." He took her other hand. "Stay with me, Lexie. J-just to talk. Okay? I love you. No matter how stupid we were that hasn't changed."

Lexie looked up at her husband and was caught by his eyes. Ethan was a horrible liar for someone who was a mayor now. "We're just going to talk, okay?"

Ethan grinned as he gently held and swung his wife's gentle hands. Since his arrival to Sedona, his life was wonderful. If he could convince Lexie to try again, things would be even better.

Multiple screams just outside the library had Ethan turning and rushing from the room, his concerned wife right behind him. Ethan stood in the hall with Lexie as they watched Ronald Manning knell down beside old crazy Anna Chalmers, who was crumbled next to the entrance. Glancing over his shoulder, Ethan saw Dr. Beaker with his hands full of a catatonic Kirk Barrett.

Lexie walked over, worried, as the large man sighed and shook his head before standing. "Is she?"

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/79588_170904045811-SedonaTownMeetingDeath.jpg

"Dead as a damn door nail." He continued speaking as Ethan and Albert Baltimore joined them. "She walked in with her face white as snow. She tried to speak before collapsing. She looked terrified." Ronald walked toward to the doors to lock them temporarily.

Albert looked at Ethan. "You don't think this is that nonsense curse the old folks tell us do you?"

"Considering the look on Kirk's face? His mother died just like this right?" asked Ethan. Albert nodded.

Sighing, Ethan smiled at his worried wife before turning to address the frightened locals and frantic parents. He missed the dark stare Dr. Beaker gave the empty space over the recently deceased resident.

Oliver S. Beaker continued to coax Kirk back into reality even as he stared at the hooded figure no one else could see. Apparently, things weren't over just yet.

lordtyger9
14th Jan 2018, 12:33 AM
@AliaD85 I am very sorry about the recent real life problems, I do hope that Sunni gets better, I don't really do much with Medieval Sims, but I know the site.

On to the Sims, I do hope that Ethan and Lexie try to make another go at it.

As always I really love your Story Line and your narrative style. I sort of wish I could do something like it, but I know it is not my style even though I really do admire it.

Good Pictures.

Cher64
15th Jan 2018, 4:01 AM
Oooh, this is exciting! I can't wait to hear about the curse. And I do hope Lexie will give Ethan another chance.

I'll be giving Sunni my best thoughts. I don't play a medieval game, but a lot of her creations were good for rural life, too, and I like playing that. I'm sorry you've had a rough time lately, too.

AliaD85
20th Feb 2018, 5:59 PM
The Beaker Household:
(Updated the Warnings on page 1. Might want to check that...)

Though the desert outside his window remained dark and peaceful, Oliver Beaker was already awake and preparing to begin his day. Despite living in a town where the population was less than one hundred people, Oliver had a full list of patients to see during the day. His practice was usually busy with military officers from the neighboring base, but today, Dr. Beaker would be seeing a few worried Sedona patients.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85765_180203021417-Sedona%20Dr%20Oliver.jpg

Beginning his morning routine, Oliver thought back to the Town Hall Meeting a few days ago and it's horrific end. Old Anna had been very odd, but she was a kind woman that lived in Sedona all her life. It was awful to see her life end so horribly, but, sadly, her strange death was not the first in Sedona's history.

Over the years of Sedona's existence, more than two dozens strange deaths occurred just like old Anna's. One of the last known deaths was Kirk Barrett's mother, who died when Kirk was just a toddler. Her death was like every other mysterious Sedona death. Mr. Barrett had walked out of the front of his home to see his wife, face pale as death, collapse in front of him and her son. There'd been nothing Barrett could do. Both travelers and residents died without cause.

The older residents of Sedona claimed that something lived out in the desert. Something that couldn't be seen, heard, or felt. Something so horrific that it terrified residents to death. Something that wanted to reclaim Sedona...

Of course, Oliver didn't believe that, but he wasn't one to dismiss it either. Over the course of his life, Oliver saw many of the world's oddities, both before and after Dr. Oliver Turnbull had taken him in to his care. Considering his bloodline, it wasn't surprising.

A scream from outside his home earned a sigh from the doctor. He really wished his normal day didn't include Patient C. He had to wonder what set her off this time.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85761_180203021354-Sedona%20Patient%20L%20and%20C.jpg
Leaping to her feet, the redhead screamed again, knowing how frightening it was for the blond man sneaking around her jail cell. "GET AWAY FROM ME, YOU TRAITOR!" Patient C balled up her paper plate and threw it as hard as she could at the cowering man. The man that was suppose to support and care for her. The man that was strong, fierce, and intelligent.

But because of that little monster, her other half, her husband, was nothing more than a weak-willed fool bent on crawling behind his master like a beaten pet. It sickened her how easily he broke under a bit of pain and electricity. Who knew she'd married a coward?

"I-I was just cleaning, C! It's not healthy to leave such a mess around-," Patient L flinched as she flung a pillow at him.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85760_180203021354-Sedona%20Patient%20L%20and%20C%20finished.jpg

"STOP CALLING ME C, YOU IDIOT! THAT'S NOT MY NAME!" The rage was boiling in her. "GET OUT OF MY ROOM, LAPDOG!"

"Dear, please!" Watery eyes looked at her desperately. "I'm just trying to help! Let me! Dr. Oliver helped so-," he ducked as his former wife swung at him, smacking in the head, chest, and arms.

"DON'T CALL ME DEAR! DON'T CALL ME ANYTHING! GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT!" She shoved him to the door. "I'M NOT LOSING TO THAT LITTLE MONSTER. GET AWAY FROM ME! YOU AREN'T MY HUSBAND, USELESS SLAVE! GET OUT!"

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85759_180203021353-Sedona%20Patient%20L%20and%20C%20end%20it.jpg

In tears, Patient L rushed out of the clinic's recovery room.

After comforting a tearful Patient L and encouraging him to concentrate on his own recovery, Dr. Beaker sent Erik, as Patient L was becoming known to other residents, off to deliver a message while Oliver prepared for his day.

Oliver began his day by sedating Patient C, who once again became violent when he spoke about her continued treatment. If he took a bit more joy or was a little extra vicious administering the sedation... Well, she did make Erik cry.

As the morning picked up, Peter-Paul van Groeningen and Anitra Bennemo entered the clinic, arguing yet again about their relationship. Oliver was quick to take Peter-Paul into his examination room before the arguing couple woke his difficult patient in the back of the clinic.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85764_180203021415-Sedona%20Dr%20Oliver%20examinations.jpg

"It's just crazy, Doc! It's the dumbest reason not to get married! There's nothing wrong with my last name."

"Of course not."

"My name is strong and respectable! It's full of my family heritage!"

"Lift your right arm, please."

"But she thinks I should take her last name! I'm the guy! She should take my last name! Her name sounds like it's straight from the mafia! Do I look like a mafia don?"

"Does it hurt if I press here?"

"OW!"

After completing the exam and informing Peter-Paul of his results, Oliver exited the exam room and smiled entering his small lobby. Kirk Barrett nervously stood next to the door talking to Anitra and Albert Baltimore.

"Good morning, everyone. Ms. Anitra, Peter-Paul will be out in just a moment."

"Is my hypochondriac alright, Dr. Oliver?" She said with a grin.

"I assure you. He's perfectly healthy. Be sure to remind him of that."

"Will do!"

"Mr. Baltimore, I'll be with you in just a minute," Beaker said as he walked over to greet a blushing Kirk. "But, did Erik make it to work alright?"

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85767_180203021419-Sedona%20Loki%20has%20a%20part%20time%20job.jpg

Albert chuckled. "You worry to much, Dr. Beaker. Erik's doing a great job at the General Store. I'd go crazy without him."

"He's interacting with the customers without any issue?" It sounded overprotective to everyone, but the question was for a completely different purpose.

"Nope. No problems at all. He's a little shy, but he's fine. I heard a rumor that SimCity is finally going to give him documentation?"

"That's a surprise," Kirk mumbled. Anitra nodded as he continued, "They usually drag their feet when it comes to anyone outside of the main city."

Smiling, Oliver gently took Kirk's elbow. "They'll be giving him a small amount of money for an apartment and a grant for schooling should he accept it. Erik's still considering his options. Now, if you'll excuse us." Kirk squirmed as he tried to ignore the mischievous smiles of Anitra and Albert as Dr. Beaker gently pulled him aside.

"I'm surprised you dropped by. You're not fond of this place." Oliver was not exaggerating. Kirk hated hospitals, and by extension, any other medical facility. It had something to do with his time away from Sedona during his later teen years.

"I wanted to ask you something, and you only accept medical related calls during clinic hours." Kirk fidgeted and leaned close to whisper to Oliver. "I um... I wanted to know if you'd like to come by for dinner tonight?"

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85766_180203021417-Sedona%20Dr%20Oliver%20typical%20day.jpg

It would be another one of their home dates. Both Oliver and Kirk were, to many Sedona residents, ridiculously private. They didn't like the idea of going out to the only restaurant in town or to Bill Rose's little burger spot. Both men preferred the privacy of their own homes to be as intimate as they please. Which in reality wasn't much. Other than the occasional kiss, the couple were taking their relationships very slowly. While it was frustrating, the two had an understanding. Kirk didn't want to get bitten twice and Oliver had never entered a romantic relationship. This was easier for both of them.

There was a slight issue though. Kirk thought Oliver was oblivious, but the doctor knew Kirk wasn't always comfortable in his home. He understood. Dr. Beaker's home was cold, modern, and staged. Kirk's home was quite different. Warm, lived in, and clean. The only problem was that Kirk didn't think Oliver was comfortable in his home which was in a junk yard above the family garage.

Considering Oliver's past, any 'home' was a wonderful place to live and visit.

"Of course, should I bring anything?"

"NO! I-I mean... No. I've got it all." Kirk blushed at the snickers coming from behind them.

Peter-Paul walked out with a look of complete confusion. "Did I miss something?"

Later that night, Patient C sat on her bed with a book of classic art in her hands. It was one of the few books that BOY masquerading as a doctor would let her have. Her hands shook as she held the book close, desperately trying to focus her eyes on the colors the pages held. She'd just had another 'treatment'. Apparently, the pet had cried to it's master, who was more than happy to extend her 'treatments' longer than usual.

The electric shocks still ran through her body, making her tremble in pain and rage. She had never liked that useless test subject and now he was ruining her.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85758_180203021352-Sedona%20Patient%20C%20has%20a%20plan.jpg

Well it wouldn't happen. It would NOT happen to her. She wouldn't be weak like her husband. She'd find a way to escape this crappy little canyon hole and return to Strangetown with the boy's head in her hands. C would need to be patient though. Perhaps if she used sweet 'Erik', she could find a way out of the clinic.

It didn't matter how long it took, but Circe Beaker knew she would outsmart them all.

lordtyger9
20th Feb 2018, 9:49 PM
@AliaD85 Oh I liked the The Beaker Household post of yours.

It didn't matter how long it took, but Circe Beaker knew she would outsmart them all.

I really love your story line and I always read it carefully. I look forward to more of your continuing story like always.

I like Circe Beaker, in my game I have her get Married to Arlo Specter {formerly Nervous Subject} after the death of her first husband.

Cher64
21st Feb 2018, 4:02 PM
Lots of intrigue at the Beaker house! I believe Circe when she says she'll outsmart them all, and it will be fun to see how she does it.

bbostic8
21st Feb 2018, 11:13 PM
This is certainly a very unique approach to telling the story of some of the most famous (infamous?) folks in Strangetown. Can I ask where you got the hair for the one girl with the pink dress and boots?

AliaD85
23rd Feb 2018, 6:08 PM
@bbostic8 As soon as I get to my computer, I can check for you! I'll send you a PM when I have the info ready!

I hope no one gets too attached to Circe though. Unknown to her, Lo-- uh... Erik won't be staying in the household much longer, which will ruin her current plans. Doesn't mean that she doesn't plan to make things very difficult for Dr. Oliver Beaker. Also, there's even MORE background as to how Circe, Erik (Loki) and Dr. Beaker (formerly Nervous Subject) reached this point in their lives. All THREE of them were at fault in this, but most of them may come out of it alive....I guess.

Nevertheless, things got REALLY ugly back in Strangetown. I may have to put up more warnings when that information comes out...

Honestly, I need to put up more warnings for this entire town!

lilyeverlasting
12th Mar 2018, 7:07 PM
I just caught up with the story! I was thinking about it this morning.

HOLY COW THE BEAKER TWIST :O I'm so curious! I wonder if the mysterious deaths have anything to do with the town's alien past... Hmm! I also really liked Dr. Beaker's interactions with his patients, too, haha. Really enjoyed catching up with this story. I also saw your personal updates, I'm so sorry about your loss, I hope you and your family are doing well.

AliaD85
3rd Apr 2018, 8:08 PM
Alia: Thank you to everyone that left their thoughts and condolences. It's been a tough time for my family, but we're pulling through. Also, sadly, Sunni was lost, but she'll always be remembered.

@bbostic8 Let me know if the link for the hair is working!
@lilyeverlasting So, not long after I started Sedona I wanted a few more sims in the hood. I stumbled over a clean template of Nervous Subject, spruced him up, and he became my Dr. Oliver Beaker. Of course, he has a lot of history left from Strangetown so Loki and Circe popped up. They likely won't be the last ones to appear either.

As of now, I'm considering creating a copy of this thread over on the Sims 2 story board. I didn't realize that I was doing more than just reporting on Sedona in a fun way. I'm literally writing a story for them (that will admittedly get a little crazy further down the road). *shrugs* Who knows. I'll figure it out.

Good news though: No new warnings!

Baltimore Residence:

"So Fletcher said that everything is ready?" asked Albert Baltimore as he slowly stocked the shelves of their second-hand general store. Shop days were more productive than ever after Sedonians discovered they no longer had to road-trip for toilet paper. The gas station barely provided everyone with decent clothing and basic food goods after all.

"Yeah. I spoke to him this afternoon. All the decorations are up and ready. The cake should be dropped off in the morning." The green skinned man nudged his glasses and returned to counting receipts at the register. The day was busy as the store would be closed for the next three days. Corvus glanced up at Albert with a little smile. He figured they deserved a few days off for their wedding.

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/85779_180203021504-Sedona%20Baltimores.jpg

Corvus and Albert had been friends for years, even before they'd come to Sedona.

Albert, an orphan who had fought through the large SimCity adoption system, found work in the intelligence field after becoming friends with a local SCBI agent. After a surprise promotion to surveillance communicator, Albert met Corvus during a stakeout gone wrong at one of the SimCity Medical Laboratories.

Albert was nearly asleep of boredom when enraged shouting startled him awake from his post on the first floor of a nearby warehouse. An oddly green skinned man was running from the facility Albert was watching while dodging gunshots with a briefcase clutched to his chest. A shocking sixty seconds later, Albert was smacking himself while a stunned Corvus watched his pursuers run past Albert's hiding spot. The two men, one newly promoted rookie agent and an aspiring mad scientist became quick friends.

They remained friends after moving to Sedona on a secret mission to observe and report the happenings on the local population. And after some issues concerning Corvus's heritage, the two became more than friends.

"Great. I called everyone that could come. Doc Oliver said he'd make sure Erik would be there too!"

"Erik needs to get out more often and away from that banshee. Beaker needs to ship her off to SimCity."

"You know how Doc Oliver is." Albert shrugged. "He wants to help everyone."

"You can't help her type of crazy." Corvus worked with various categories of madness on a weekly basis. Patient C was a damn menace. Corvus never forgot her eating his breakfast, harassing his friends and customers, checking out his fiance, and stealing his morning newspaper.

"You just don't like her."

"She reminds me of someone I met in the medical field. She was about to be promoted from intern. Her morals were very...loose." Corvus would never consider himself a saint. He'd done questionable things in the name of science, but the rumors he'd heard of that one were disgusting and horrific. "I was on the committee to determine her promotion. It was denied for a good reason."

Corvus couldn't understand why the thought of her remained and still sent a chill up his spine.

Albert put aside his clipboard and pen before walking over and wrapping an arm around his grumpy alien. "Okay... I think that's enough for one day. Let's lock the door, I'll make my report and we can get some sleep. Tomorrow's gonna be a great day right?"

Corvus rolled his eyes.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

SIMMER'S NOTE: So, in case of any confusion, I very rarely have weddings on a sim's lot anymore. Most people don't have weddings in their homes. So, I had Corvus send money to Ethan, so that Ethan could buy the needed wedding decorations with the exact amount of money Corvus transferred to him. I really enjoy working on a budget with my sims

Despite popped balloons, a late arriving wedding cake, even later guests, and an irritated mayor, Albert and Corvus found themselves in Sedona's Town Hall Meeting Room smiling brightly at each other and taking vows.

More than one person rolled their eyes, but others cried tearfully at how sincere the couple were during their happy moment. Hanuel sweetly handed a sobbing Erik a tissue as they watched their friends promise love and fidelity to each other.

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/85778_180203021502-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding.jpg

"Albert, I promise to be loyal, faithful, and loving. I also promise not to blow up our storage room with my experiments."

"Corvus, I promise to love, honor you, and never report anything odd or strange about our relationship to my superiors."

Ronald Manning shook his head. He couldn't believe these two idiots. Thankfully everyone else was too busy crying and cooing over the couple to realize what they said. (Alia: It's my sims game, okay! It certainly felt like they were saying this!)

Finally, the two exchanged rings becoming legal partners as their friends clapped excitedly around them. The newly married couple were so focused on each other that they missed a few wistful looks aimed their way.

http://modyourpanties.com/hosting/85770_180203021452-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%202.jpg

The reception quickly followed and everyone was more than happy to dig into the delicious wedding cake. But first, the group gathered around the couple, encouraging the two to shove cake in each other's faces. Unfortunately for their guests, the two sims were smart enough to discuss their behavior during arrangements and gently fed each other a bite.

Dakota smiled at his friends' over his shoulder before shyly turning back to Ronald. Dakota and the military man had a 'thing' going. It was starting to get serious. They hadn't done anything yet - not for lack of trying on Dakota's part - but the daycare owner started spending more time, and even a few nights, at Ronald's tiny house trailer. "Nice wedding, right?"

Ronald shrugged with a small smile. "They're a couple of saps, but yeah. It was nice."

Dakota struggled to find something else to say and flustered. This was one of his main problems around Ronald. He didn't know what to say without sounding stupid.

Of course, Ronald noticed and rolled his eyes. He took Dakota's hand and guided him toward the lunch table. "I heard you had good news."

Dakota beamed as the rest of the group laughed and joked around the newlyweds. "Well, there aren't any babies in Sedona anymore. Most of the babies are ready for preschool. I was going out of business and you know uh..." Dakota fidgeted, "My nephews can't leave the house just yet. I mean they're so much better than before-,"

"And the good news is?" Ronald asked bluntly, cutting Dakota off.

He smiled, "I was hired as the new elementary school teacher at the school! I'll be teaching alongside Adam! Isn't that great?"

Ronald glanced over at the alien in question who was secretly watching Hanuel. The alien dressed in white smiled back and forth at the married couple and Ronald and Dakota. There was a bit of longing in Hanuel's happy smile, but the look on Adam's face caused a frown to cross Ronald's.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85776_180203021459-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%20bigger%20story.jpg

The redhead would be the first to admit that he didn't like Adam though it had more to do with his uptight behavior and the snide remarks thrown his way when Ronald flirted with Phil. Ronald had a type. He couldn't help that. As for the kiss he laid on Phil? It was well before Adam staked his claim and started a relationship with the author.

But, Adam's expression over Hanuel was contemplative and calculating enough to disturb Ronald.

The last time Ronald saw a man with that expression his best friend was sent on a kamikaze mission.

Ronald took a deep breath before nudging Dakota into a chair. He glanced over at Erik standing off to the side. Perhaps Ronald should see how he was doing. "I think you will make an amazing teacher, Dakota."

The new teacher smiled brightly as he took his seat. Ronald, however, was not in the mood to share a table with Adam and decided to speak to an anxious Erik instead.

The rest of the group gathered around the table including the town mayor, Ethan, and Dakota's brother, Goker. Dr. Beaker was observing the twins for a couple of hours. Since he was only down the road, Goker dropped in to give well-wishes to the newlyweds. Goker took a seat next to his brother, earning a worried smile from Dakota and an amused look from Ronald. Most of the town believed that Dakota had taken in Goker and 'adopted' him as a sibling.

Truth was that the two men were related by blood through their mother. They had grown up together for a long while before factions back home earned Dakota a one way trip to a new planet.

Goker didn't care whether people realized the truth or not. He only kept quiet around Ronald because he knew his brother was quite serious about the relationship. Ronald Manning was only fond of one alien in the town, Goker's best friend, Hanuel. Neither Goker or Dakota knew how Ronald would react knowing that his lover was half-alien.

Still, conversation ran through the room smoothly and happily. The celebrators talked and laughed about the various happenings in their little community as well as SimCity. There was even an interesting conversation about the end of Phil's book series.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85771_180203021454-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%203.jpg

"So he's already planning a new series?" asked Albert.

Adam nodded. "It's been in the works for some time. As of now, he's outlining and researching for the novel."

"Is it another series?" Dakota asked eagerly.

"I am unsure. It appears that he's keeping it a surprise for now."

Ethan smiled. "Hopefully, he'll still allow me to add his name to our new website."

Hanuel patted Ethan on the shoulder in congratulations as Corvus chuckled. "I can't believe this little place has a website."

"It's not exactly small anymore," laughed Ethan.

By the end of the party, the cake was gone and everyone was saying their goodbyes in the lobby of the town hall. Corvus decided to personally thank Hanuel for arriving.

Hanuel was Corvus' closest friend of his species. Corvus hadn't wanted the town to find out that he wasn't exactly human, but when Adam, Hanuel, and Goker arrived, it seemed a bit silly to keep hiding his alien features. Of the three men, Hanuel and Corvus hit it off the easiest. Goker was too busy adjusting to fatherhood and trying to mentally stabilize his twins to pay attention to Corvus, and Adam reminded Corvus too much of his fellow scientists to be overly fond of.

Hanuel was, as always, friendly, kind, and helpful. He was the one that honestly answered every one of Corvus's questions about their species and their alien culture. Hanuel even answered questions that obviously upset him. He didn't want Corvus to interact with his fellow or future aliens ignorantly.

The two men talked excitedly about the wedding, exchanging warm congratulations. "It's wonderful seeing so many families begin and grow." Hanuel looked pleased at the idea. "I've found so much joy in my sons! Hopefully, you and Albert won't wait too long before you have your own little one."

Corvus chuckled. "I think that will be a long time in the future, Hanuel. Albert and I haven't even talked about children."

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85773_180203021456-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%206%20surprises.jpg

Hanuel nodded. "I suppose. You'll need to be careful then. As a mated Source, you'll have to prevent your body from reproducing. Your instincts will-,"

"Wait what?" Corvus cut through Hanuel's words. "What are you talking about?" Corvus knew what a Source was. It was an alien like Hanuel. A creator. A bearer. A life-creater. A Source in their alien culture was a male mother. They had the ability to sire children, as Hanuel unwillingly did, but were built to naturally carry and birth a child themselves.

Corvus felt a sinking feeling in his stomach. He remembered how serious Hanuel was when talking about Sources and the difficulties of living as a Source. Corvus suddenly realized why Hanuel was so emphatic when speaking to Corvus about it. "I'm not a Source, Hanuel."

"Of course you are." Hanuel stated as matter of fact.

"I don't have any of the characteristics! That's impossible!" Corvus whispered.

Despite seeing the panic begin to build in his friend, Hanuel knew Corvus had to face facts. "You hate disorder. Sudden loud noises put you on the defensive, but that didn't stop you from a career built on creating new things."

"Yes, I'm a scientist, but Adam is a scientist, too! You said he wasn't a Source."

"Neither Adam nor Goker are Sources, but Corvus, Adam was an observationist. He didn't create with his hands like you do. He watched things react around him." Hanuel continued, "You've never felt comfortable in open spaces. I bet you preferred smaller laboratories despite your successful work providing you with larger labs and assistants."

Corvus glanced at Albert out of the corner of his eye. Thankfully, the man was distracted by their joyful friends. "It's not... Hanuel..."

"You've never felt comfortable around Adam or Goker without a crowd nearby," Corvus flinched at the spot on observation, "And for one week, every three months, your body seems to change. Your strength increases, your fight or flight instincts are hyperactive, and you are constantly starving no matter how much food you eat. Your stomach also feels empty despite your change in diet. Most of all, your need for intimacy increases exponentially. By the time the week is over, you feel depressed for a few days before you continue on with your life. Corvus..."

The newly married alien looked horrified and lost. Hanuel placed a warm hand on Corvus' shoulder. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you on such a special day. I wasn't thinking before, but you have to know the truth. You need to prepare."

While Corvus was annoyed with his friend, he also understood why Hanuel was so persistent. Still, Corvus was horrified for a completely different reason.

His week had already begun.

-DRAMA BREAK-

Alia: So, I didn't know how to put these pics into the story but like all my other pictures, they happened pretty naturally. I just didn't know what to do or say!

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85772_180203021454-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%204wtf.jpg

My town hall is owned by the current mayor, Ethan, but it's more of an open meeting space for other sims. No money is made from the town hall. So, despite the wedding, other sims will often pop up. One of those sims that wasn't invited to the wedding was Tarek.

He and Hanuel are friends and co-parenting their twins. I left them be for a while, but neither man is particularly attracted to the other. They never even kissed. I hoped, but nothing worked.

So imagine my surprise when Tarek stands under the wedding arch and Hanuel goes over to talk to him. WTF YOU GUYS! I GAVE YOU THAT CHANCE!

I wasn't any more amused when they both ended up standing under it. Sometimes, I wonder if the Sim Universe is just screwing with me.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85774_180203021457-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%205wtfguys.jpg

"Um....." Albert blinked watching his new husband feign sleep. He'd known Corvus was a little upset after the reception, but he hadn't expected this behavior.

The alien was bundled deep under the covers on his back, audibly snoring loud enough to be heard outside of their bedroom. He seemed to be deep in slumber, but Albert shared a bed long enough to know that Corvus never slept that way. The scientist was a quiet sleeper that curled up tightly on his side to sleep, usually with Albert wrapped around his back.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85780_180203021504-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%20night.jpg

The field agent shook his head and wondered if Corvus's conversation with Hanuel was so bad the scientist was no longer interested in their wedding night. He'd noticed how the mood between the two men changed suddenly during their conversation but tried his best to give the two their privacy.

Sighing in exasperation, Albert walked to the bed. He was too tired to freak out now.

Ignoring Corvus's body going stiff at his approach, Albert crawled in the bed behind his new husband. The redhead rolled onto to his side and stared at his nervous husband. "I don't know what Hanuel said." Corvus stiffened and turned his back to Albert, who continued, "I'm not going to ask, but I will say this much. I don't care."

"I don't care what it is about your heritage - and I don't doubt for a moment that has something to do with it - that upset you. I don't care if you think you or your people are weird. I don't care if you THINK that I'll leave you because of it."

"What I do want you to remember is that I am very serious about the vows we took this morning, Corvus. I love you, you idiot. I loved you when you lied about your origins. I loved you when we received an assignment to Sedona and opened this store. I loved you when you nearly burned down the kitchen, and I loved you even when I was pissed about all the lying," Albert sighed. "I'm not going anywhere, Corvus. You don't get to throw abandonment issues at me."

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85775_180203021458-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%20night%202.jpg

"I-it's not abandonment issues!" Corvus's face was tinged purple even as he reluctantly turned to face his partner. "I may have been adopted, but the scientists always treated me like their own child!"

Albert stared at his husband. "Then what has you so terrified? What did Hanuel say?"

Corvus cringed before slowly pushing away the covers and sitting up against the headboard. Albert quickly followed suit, pulling his wary spouse into his arms. Corvus relaxed a little into the hug. "As you know, I've been learning about my heritage through Hanuel. Adam is a historical source, but Hanuel is brutally honest."

"I know that, Corvus. You told me all of that so we could inform the base, but what has you so upset?"

Corvus took a deep breath. "You know what a Source is right?"

Albert opened his mouth to respond when his brain froze in disbelief. "You're a Source?!"

Corvus didn't respond, only sagged down under his own weight.

"B-but, we've been active for a while!" Albert blushed, his face as red as Corvus' was purple. "Are you... um..."

"No." Corvus snapped in embarrassment, "But, it's something that neither of us ever expected to deal with. I didn't want to tell you because this is horrifically embarrassing, especially as m-my week has already begun. We might have considered adopting in the distant future, but because of my odd anatomy, we have to set certain time when we should probably avoid each other."

"Avoid each other?" Albert's mind raced as he spoke.

"Every three months, I'm...fertile for one week."

"Wait. You mean those weeks that you get really, really-,"

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85777_180203021500-Sedona%20Baltimore%20wedding%20night%203.jpg

"Yes," Corvus groaned. He hated having that brought up. "Those times. The time won't pass easy, but it'll prevent any accidents from happening."

"Is that so bad?" Corvus blinked at Albert in surprise. The other man smiled. "I think we'd make pretty good dads. Sedona's a good place to raise children and we even have a school on the way."

"A child from us-," Corvus began.

"Would be pretty damn impressive! They would grow with peers that shared a half-alien heritage. They wouldn't be shunned for growing up with green skin or dark eyes. And if our child is as half as intelligent as you, he'll be a top scientist in no time."

Corvus was stunned silent. He could only smile and slump down into Albert's warm hug.

http://www.modyourpanties.com/hosting/85781_180203021505-Sedona%20Barltimores2.jpg

"Still," Corvus muttered, "Let's at least wait until I'm...used to this information."

Albert laughed and hugged Corvus closer, doing his best to ignore the painful question that popped into his brain.

If Corvus was a Source for all these years, and the two were in an intimate relationship for the past two years....

Albert shook his head and closed his eyes.

Cher64
3rd Apr 2018, 9:55 PM
That was an eventful wedding. I'm glad to see Corvus appears to be working hard to always be honest with Albert, even when it's embarrassing. Like so many things, the anticipation is always the worst part. So we are left to wonder, as Albert does, if a Source can actually be infertile, or if it's the combination of the two of them. It will be interesting to find out.

lordtyger9
9th Apr 2018, 3:13 PM
@AliaD85 I am back to posting as my Partner is out of the Hospital and she is home now.

Oh My the whole "Source" thing is an interesting twist and my there were a lot of Aliens together at the wedding too. Of course one of the questions is, are Corvus and Albert going to have a baby and why haven't they had one earlier?