View Full Version : How do i get alphas to mach textues?
8th Dec 2008, 04:56 PM
i have looked nearly evrywhere trying to find out how to get alphas to mach up with textues like with eyeshadow
can someone please help?
if somoene knows how please post
8th Dec 2008, 05:42 PM
It would help to know what program you're using, but I'm pretty sure this is doable in most editing programs, so I'll tell you how it's done in Photoshop.
1) Make your texture on a separate layer so it's transparent around it. You can still put a layer behind it (like of a face texture) to help you see where to texture, but you want your actual new texture on its own layer, separate from everything else.
2) Save your texture as your project's texture file. Usually putting a coordinating colour behind works fine for this.
3) Duplicate the layer you've done your texturing on. Lock the transparency of the layer, and fill it with white. This gives you a fully-white copy of whatever texture you've done.
4) Put a layer behind it, and bucket fill it with black.
5) Save what's currently visible (white copy of your texture, with a black background) as your alpha.
8th Dec 2008, 10:37 PM
thanks alot this shuld help quite a bit
(i was using photoshop)
vBulletin v3.0.14, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.