PDA

View Full Version : Help with hair made from scratch!

BSGirl
17th Dec 2010, 1:29 PM
Hi!I was playing in MilkShape and I was trying to make some hair for fun!But it turned out really good!I imported the face templates by Tiggerypum I resized(scale) the hair mesh and I attached it to the face template to see if it fits correctly!What can I do to import them in game?And how can I edit all the ages to make them all-ages compatible?Thanks in advance! :bunny: :bunny:

HystericalParoxysm
17th Dec 2010, 1:37 PM
There's a tutorial by Dr Pixel on hair - it's fairly basic, but goes over the things you need to do regarding comments, layers, bone assignments, etc... You'll also have to UV map the hair, of course.

Editing the ages is a matter of importing it over the target-age skeleton and resizing/reshaping/sometimes re-assigning a bit. You make each age in a separate package file with the 4 mesh parts, linking them all to the same recolour file. When you're done, you can import the resources from all parts into one file so you have just one mesh .package containing all ages.

BSGirl
17th Dec 2010, 1:43 PM
Yeah I know I should UV Map the hair and I already finished all the tutorials available!But after doing all the steps Dr Pixel's tutorials says the hair does not appear in Body Shop!I import a game mesh and then I put the ready from scratch mesh on top and delete the old!Maybe this is a mistake?What should I do?I'm sorry HP if I'm getting on your nerves!:(

HystericalParoxysm
17th Dec 2010, 1:46 PM
If you post up the files you're working on, perhaps someone can take a look and figure out what you're doing wrong. There's... a lot that can go wrong, though from the sounds of it, I'd double-check bone assignments, layering, and comments.

You're not getting on my nerves - everyone was a beginner sometime, and this stuff is complicated. I don't think there's any one tutorial that covers everything with all the current tools and techniques, so it's all a matter of sorting it out for yourself, which is pretty hard if you don't already know what you're doing. :)

BSGirl
17th Dec 2010, 2:11 PM
Thank you!:)I'll do it again from the beggining and if it doesn't work I'll post the steps to see what's wrong!