PDA

View Full Version : Part of object not going transparent

VioletPadfoot
31st May 2011, 2:28 PM
I'm attempting to recolor the workout equipment as an entry in the monthly theme next month. And since I already found a bunch of recolors that made my original idea rather obsolete (who really needs two red recolors of the same item?) I decided to try to make the gear transparent (like it was made of a gemstone or something. Highly impractical in real life, but in sims, hey anything goes). I however ran into a small issue. I made the texture for all but the cushions and the electronic screen transparent, but parts of the machine are not showing up that way. I attached some pictures so you can see what I mean. Its the handles and the leg things that I'm most worried about. The pulleys and whatnot are also not going transparent, but as I'd probably end up putting those parts back to normal anyway, i don't much care. Does anyone know if I can get those parts transparent, or is it the way the mesh is made and I'll just have to live with it?

bluetexasbonnie
31st May 2011, 9:57 PM
A lot of the 'machine' part of the exercise machine are not recolorable -- such as the weight stack and the handle bars. The pulley wheels are part of the 'exercisemachine_basemetal' subset, which is recolorable. The bigger problem is that the game does not do a good job of rendering 3-d bits in partial transparency. It does a good job when the partial transparency bits are a plane (or very near a plane).

I think you need to think a bit deeper for a truely stupendous effect.

VioletPadfoot
31st May 2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks bluetexasbonnie. I'll try digging around in the file and see what I can achieve.

bbyboo22
16th Jun 2011, 1:46 AM
so how do i start off making an object?

simsample
16th Jun 2011, 1:52 AM
bbyboo22- please check out our tutorials- click 'create' at the top of the page.