View Full Version : Brigit the Maid?

27th Oct 2017, 7:01 AM
Hello, I recently discovered something that is confusing me.

I have all no respawn mods, an empty townie template so they're never added to new hoods, and all stealth hood templates are disabled. According to Mootilda, this should allow me to create hoods with no character files, which I have done.

However, I recently have been looking in my neighbourhood files after I last loaded my game and found something strange. While the game was loaded, I opened 3 neighbourhoods. In the character folders of all of these hoods, a new character file has been created. I opened them all in SimPE and found that they are all elders, they all wear a chef uniform, they all have pie menus that contain "Dismiss" and "Fire," and the only images inside these character files are of the maid NPC from Sims 1:

The picture above is from the Sims Wiki. This page (http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Brigit_the_Maid) says these images are hidden in the character files of NPC maids. I recently downloaded Phaenoh's "Pleasantly Thriving" and the first character file in that hood is also the same as this. I've never seen this before and I don't know why this file is being created or how to stop it from happening. I also have no idea if this file is safe, since I haven't used live mode in any of these hoods, so I couldn't have spawned a maid to be hired.

Does anyone know anything about this?

27th Oct 2017, 8:09 AM
Do you have restaurants in the neighbourhood? If you edit a lot which has a cook stove then sometimes a chef will be spawned. It's the same with the bars and coffee bars- it's difficult to prevent even with the full complement of no respawn mods and empty templates, I've found.

27th Oct 2017, 7:56 PM
Oh, I did place and go into a petrol station/diner with a cook stove, that must have been it. The chef isn't safe to move between hoods, right?

Peni Griffin
27th Oct 2017, 8:12 PM
No sim is safe to move between hoods.

Usually the chef and other NPCs will spawn on opening a lot, so if, when you go back into a lot to revise it, you have your file browser open to the Characters file for the empty neighborhood, you can tab over and see if anybody spawned. If so, you close the lot without saving and open it up again, and the character file will be empty again.

27th Oct 2017, 8:20 PM
Ah, I see. I was going to say that I don't remember saving that lot because I didn't make any changes, but I did. I moved a tree slightly to the left. Damn my nitpicking!
I'll try to remember those objects when I'm making my attachable vacation destinations. Thanks you two! :)

27th Oct 2017, 8:36 PM
If it's a community lot, you can try cleaning it.

27th Oct 2017, 8:52 PM
How would I do that?

28th Oct 2017, 11:54 PM
@joandsarah77 has a checklist somewhere I think.

29th Oct 2017, 12:20 AM
That I do, thanks for the call.

@Zena-Dew-Drop I have a quick tutorial I wrote up for someone. It's also posted to the mini tutorial thread.

What I do is open the lot in simpe. So open simPe and go up to Tools >package Tools> Open sims2 pack. Having the pack on the desktop makes it easy. That will open a window, just click open.

Look to the list on the left and scroll it down. You will see things such as sims scores, sim relations etc. Click on each one in turn and highlight all of them over in the right column. I click in the blank space and do CTL A to highlight them all. Then I right click the highlighted part and select delete. You will see all those files now has a line through them like this Once they are all done go up to save, you will only have Save As, as an option.

Go to your desktop and you will find that simpe file that you just saved with whatever name you saved it as. That is your new clean lot.

What I do next is go to documents, the sims 2. In there you will find the Lot catalog. Now there is probably more than one way to do this. I simply make a new folder and put all those lot files into it. Then I grab that cleaned lot file, paste it in the lot catalogue folder so it’s the only one and rename it Cx_00000001.package
Run your game and go to the new test hood. If you have lots of cc, it's best to not only have a test hood but also a test game. It's very easy to rename your sims 2 folder and force the game to make you another. Because there is no cc in the new one it will load super fast. So in your test game open that test hood and you should find it’s the only lot in the lot bin. When you grab it you will see it has some ridiculous low price tag, that is your nod that the lot is now cleaned. Now don't worry everything is still there and once you place the lot its price will show up like it should.

Now that you have your cleaned lot placed down, load it up and move one thing. Could be a chair, then place it back. Now save and go to hood view. Your lot is now cleaned and ready to be packaged.

I hope that helps and everything is clear.