PDA

View Full Version : Saving lots in lot bin

pjb123
5th Nov 2017, 10:33 PM
I'm about to change computers but I don't want to go through the process of rebuilding all the houses and community lots I created. How do I transfer them from the lot bin to a thumb drive for installment? The fact that there are downloadable houses, dorms and community lots on this and other website suggest that it is possible. I just don't know how.

Selly_2009
5th Nov 2017, 11:12 PM
I know that when you move a lot into the lot bin, it shows up in your "My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/LotCatalog" folder, so to transfer between computers, you'd need to copy that folder along with your Downloads and Neighborhoods folders, and then move the unique ones across after installing the game. You won't need the duplicates, as they'll be the ones the game creates.

I think I once copied one I made in AGS into my main game that way. Unfortunately I lost the ones I'd built when my last computer threw the BSOD and refused to reboot; lost a lot of other TS2 stuff, including a rather fun hood I'd made, but that's another story!

Peni Griffin
6th Nov 2017, 3:45 AM
You can also package them up into Sims2Pack files, transfer those Sims2Packs into the "Packaged Lot" folder of your new install, and install them as you would a lot you downloaded.

Just remember never to package, or place in the lot bin, any house that is inhabited, has graves on it, or is an owned community or vacation lot! Doing so will break the neighborhood the lot started in (no big deal if you're dumping the neighborhood) and any into which it is subsequently placed.

pjb123
6th Nov 2017, 6:34 AM
You can also package them up into Sims2Pack files, transfer those Sims2Packs into the "Packaged Lot" folder of your new install, and install them as you would a lot you downloaded.

Just remember never to package, or place in the lot bin, any house that is inhabited, has graves on it, or is an owned community or vacation lot! Doing so will break the neighborhood the lot started in (no big deal if you're dumping the neighborhood) and any into which it is subsequently placed.
I have created an empty graveyard so graves won't be a problem. This was created for sims that have died. I had that happen in the college once. Putting them in a package would also put them on site like this for others to use.