Mod The Sims
If you don't have an account, why not sign up now? It's free!
Other sites: SimsWiki
|Hi, Unregistered! Still using Blue Game Style? Try out the new MTS theme, now in beta. Show me!|
Posted 16th Oct 2007 at 1:52 PM - Updated 10th Dec 2008 at 10:38 PM by whitesiren - Viewed 451873 times. Direct link to this thread
296 Comments / replies (Who?) , 699 times favourited , 7933 times thanked
Information (Click for more details):
This is a Maxis Recolour which means that it is a recolour of an item that already exists in your game. Please check the Expansion pack requirements to see which game pack it recolours.
This is a new mesh, and means that it's a brand new self contained object that usually does not require a specific Expansion pack (although this is possible depending on the type). It may have Recolours hosted on MTS2 - check the sidebar.
This is a new mesh recolour, and means that you will need to download the particular mesh itself in order for this to show up in your game. See the Meshes Needed section or read the text for more information.
This is a featured upload! It showcases the best talent and creativity available on MTS and in the community.
UPDATED 22 Nov 2007
Ive updated a bad wallshadow and the recolours, so please redownload the meshes and recolours and replace the old files with these new ones in your downloads folder please!
Ive always wanted to make another modular sofa, because I thought my first sofa was a real mess. Well, with a bit of spare time, I've gotten around to making them.
These sofas are pretty much far from perfect, but I reckon theyre a mark improvement from the first one. Want to mention that I went through a rough with my gf recently, we decided to make this set as a team, and corny as it sounds, it made us closer than ever.
So, I want everyone to know that my georgie did the texturing of the sofas and I couldnt have been danm prouder of her.
Ok, enough with reallife blogging, and on to the sofas, hehe. There are basically 3 different meshes in this set, theyre shown below:
You can use these sofas to create different modular shapes, as shown on my pictures and lots more shapes you can think up of. I used the repository technique, thanks to Jwoods and his tute/ modding infocentre, which prooved extremely useful here.
- You'll need to download the main mesh, (with the cushions) in order for the other 2 to work with their textures.
- These are modular sofas which will join up when put next to each other. You'll need Inge's sectionalsofa in your downloads folder from here:http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=1393933
Unfortunately, if you have Shaklin's sectionalsofa patch, you'll have to remove that from your downloads folder in order for these to work
- The beauty of these sofas is that I've made an overlay of the shadows on the texture, so it makes recolouring childs play. You can simply wack on your flat fabric or wood or texture of choice, and the shadows mesh does all the hard work for you and will make the sofas look good in game. Ive attached the uvmapping if anyone's interested in recolouring.
- If you want to recolour the sofas, you just need to recolour the main mesh, (with the cushions)
- Much improved (less) poly counts from my first sofa.
- I think youll need Nightlife for these sofas to work correctly
- These sofas do not have wall shadows on them, I had a problem with them and just couldn't get them to work
- The design tool does not work on the ottoman and sofa without cushions when theyre joined up. Not sure how to fix that
- These sofas are listed in the catalog under Comfort > sofas
On to the screenies:
Thats it, hope you enjoy the sofas and have fun experimenting with the different modular shapes.
and thanks again mts2 for being such an awesome place to be in
Highest poly faces - 1342
Average poly faces - 1100
Highest poly faces - 1342
Average poly faces - 1000
Ottoman (no arm, no back):
Highest poly faces - 698
Average poly faces - 630
Jwoods tute/modding infocentre on repository technique
The ususal suspects: simpe, mts2
The rest of the objects in the pics are Maxis or I made, and might upload them in the future.
For more information about this creator and their policies or details, click here.
Expansion / Stuff Packs Required
You must have the expansion or stuff packs listed above installed to use this custom content. Please see the post text for any exceptions.
This is a New mesh
All the items needed for you to use this download should be here on this page. You can check the "Related Pages" tab, if visible, to see if there are alternative colour schemes.
You need to be a Registered Member to be able to download from MTS. Registration allows you to thank and leave comments for the creators, see your download history, participate in the discussions and much more!
Basic Download and Install Instructions:
1. Download: Click the download link to save the .rar or .zip file(s) to your computer.
2. Extract: Use WinRAR (Windows) or Stuffit (Mac) to extract the .package file(s) from the .rar or .zip file(s).
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
Need more information?
There are 11 recolours of this mesh on MTS2:
6 More Recolours of Blake Boys Annie Modular Sofa
Six Recolors of the Annie Modular Sofa
Annie Modular Sofa/Recolor Brasilia 2
Annie Modular Sofa/Recolor Brasilia
6 Recolours of Blake Boys Annie Modular Sofa
Recolours of Annie Modular Sofa
These recolours may or may not be endorsed by this mesh creator.
Users who thanked this download also thanked: