Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:08 PM
Hi, I'm scoopy_loopy / Yosh, I build in TS3. (I bought TS4, but, I just missed the freedoms of TS3 building). I'm from Australia and I've been simming since I was introduced to SimCity 2000, SimTower and The Sims all at once as a kid. I like to build things that are old, cluttered, and make my computer slow down when I try to load them up! Anything with a hint of decaying decadence gets an A++ from me.

I'd like to join this group so that I might get some tips for my future projects, as well as occasionally chime in with suggestions for others. As I already enjoy checking in on "creator feedback" on the daily, this is par for the course / crack for me.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 2:45 AM
Hey there! I'm SilentWolf (not so much a fan of my real name, so it'll be a secret). Many people call me Silent or Wolfy.

I am used to sims 3, owning all the sims 3 content except for Fast Lane Stuff and Sweet Treats, but I just got sims 4 for Christmas and might eventually explore that realm. I'm not afraid of mods or cc at all. I think I'm a decent builder in sims 3... At least, until I see what other people are capable of creating. I like the gothic or victorian style of house, with some things that I think my sims need/deserve after what I put them through in my simlit stories... XD I really hope to get some suggestions and/or tips to help improve my own building style so I'm not relying on the community for houses for my sims to live in.
dodgy builder
#28 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 1:28 PM
Heihei

Scoopy your creations I know from before, like the Highclere Castle job. That must have taken lots of planning. I just want to decorate lavishly in CC from all over the place.

Silent Wolf: I'm looking forward to seeing your creations
Instructor
#29 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 12:34 PM
Hi, i'm keef1973, I have built houses for Sims 2 and Sims 3 here on MTS. I mostly build beach houses. I often use CFE when building. I would like to join this group to further my education.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 10:15 PM
*spends 15 minutes agonizing over an introduction*

My social awkwardness continues to surprise me.

Hi, I'm RockStar (currently sober). I own Sims 2 and 3, occasionally dabbling in 4 when I feel adventurous. Primarily I'm a builder; I can spend hours on end just taking a sledgehammer to Maxis lots. Destroying stuff can be really relaxing, you know? I currently own about 7 Lowe's floor plan books with a dozen accounts on different floor plan websites. I love realistic homes and am a sucker for row houses. (Did you see that beautiful creation in the Genderflipped Hood that has Viper Canyon as its base? Omigaaaawd.) I'm currently teaching myself how to use tablet floor plan/CAD apps so I can make remodeling Maxis homes for my uberhood a little faster/easier as I have been using graphing paper. I need to save the trees! D:

I joined the group because my biggest weaknesses are interior design and landscaping. I'm addicted to using neutral colors like beige walls and dark wood floors, that short white brick fence around the daisies and shrubs. I binge watch HGTV, have several Pinterest boards for inspiration, yet none of that makes it into a build.

Here's hoping that changes this year!
dodgy builder
#31 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:57 PM
Welcome keef and rockstar. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:31 AM Last edited by suziblue : 20th Jan 2017 at 3:33 AM. Reason: left out a word
Hi, I'm suziblue, but you may call me Suzi or Suz. I have played Sims games since The Sims (1). However, I just can't get into The Sims 4, but I may try it again in the future, so Sims 3 is currently my game of choice. I love to build, but feel my skills can be improved, especially CFE, stairs with landings, and other "tricks". I love to create in dystopian, post-apocalyptic, urban decay, abandoned spaces, etc. type styles. I also really enjoy creating on very small lots.
Test Subject
#33 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 6:39 AM
Hello, I am Toadflax, and have been playing since S1, then S2, heavily modded w cc, and made my own neighborhoods using SC4, but I was usually dissatisfied with my own lots and found myself always downloading someone else's. Finally bought S3, and multiple EPs, but just could never get into it - the limitations of my computer led to ENDLESS intolerable fussing, so went back to S2 until S4 came out. Until I an afford a new computer I am using S4 (tons of cc), and at come point I will optimize a laptop to only run 2. I really struggle with the most basic things, so I will start a thread and share my struggles with you! My style is all over the place, mostly determined by whatever is blowing my dress up at the moment.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 6:55 AM
Welcome suziblue and toadflax, I would love a few more TS2 buildings to look at but can certainly help a bit with 4.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 4:32 AM
Hi I am called lordtyger9, name is taken from Philip Jose Farmer's novel Lord Tyger, if anyone is curious. {note the writer's middle name has an acute accent mark on the "e", but it doesn't come through when I try to type it, argh}

I decided to join this group as I would like to know a bit more about building. I started with Sim City and Sims 1, at this point I only play Sims 2, I do have Sims 3 but I no longer play it as I got tired of the buggy nature of the game and frequent problems when trying to save. I have no plans on buying Sims 4 after my experience with Sims 3.

I play on my Mac with The Sims 2: Super Collection, so I don't have any of the stuff in FT, AL or M&G and I can't run Any Game Starter or other PC stuff.

I build Community Lots, Houses, and Beach Houses. I also like to remodel some of the existing houses in the game. I don't know what CFE means so I don't know if I use it or not.

I am not sure if I am going to want to upload any of my projects, though I suppose I might if there is someone that thinks one of my projects is particularly good or something. I just build for my own enjoyment and I have number of CC items that I usually include.

I don't know what style I build in exactly, most likely some sort of modern.
I want to learn a bit and share some ideas and I hope to accomplish that.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 5:41 AM
Welcome all!

Don't forget two of our members need help testing. See post #26, upthread.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Alchemist
#37 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 2:59 PM
@lordtyger9
CFE is the short form for ConstrainFloorElevation. A cheat for builders.
Here is a tutorial displaying 2 possabilities..
Tutorial for thicker roofs (Can also be applied as faux high ceilings)
Tutorial for -horizontally- curved walls (Same method can be used to create slanted walls)

and more

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#38 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 6:55 PM
Hiya, I'm Cali a middle-aged child who's never gonna grow up. :D

I am solely a T2er, well maybe with a T1 thrown in once a blue moon. I like buildin more playability, however it still has to look ... err balanced? I have to like the overall look of it as I'm buildin or I'll never finish as I'll stop and go in a different direction. I have the umm attention span of a flea. I might spend days/ weeks interested in playin the game then attention gets switched to buildin, recolorin, or even to watchin TV, readin, or playin a game on my phone/ tab.

So, anyway for now it's buildin time. I had a question for which I was gonna ask in stupid questions and seein as it had to do with buildin I thought this might of been a the better place to ask.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:46 AM
I would like to note that it would be extremely helpful if people would mention the Sims version of their build in the topic...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 7:05 AM
Thanks Velouriah and Johhny Bravo. I have added this to the first post.

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 6:49 AM Last edited by attuned : 6th Mar 2017 at 10:54 PM.
I want to celebrate the MTS downloads from members of Mentoring4Builders- Congratulations!
(If I missed your upload, please post on the thread or PM me.)

Moved to : http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=591431

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 9:57 PM
Hi there, I joined a while back but didn't introduce myself. I live in Australia and play only Sims 2. I'm a bit lazy when it comes to building as its so time-consuming but have created some reasonable builds. For my medieval hood I've created a castle, barracks and monastery. The subhood of Braavos has elves who don't yet have anywhere to live. I love Rivendell on this site but it's too big and I think it requires BV which I don't have. As soon as I start attempting a build I'll post something.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#43 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 4:08 AM
Hi krudyard and welcome!

New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
#44 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:00 AM
Oh no! I just realized I haven't introduced myself! ahhh I'm a bit of a ditz. Anyway, I'm themysteriouscorn, but you may call me Sydney I sort of have my own style that doesn't really have a name but I try to build in a whole bunch of styles, and sometimes I just need help I'm a total newbie with uploading, and I haven't been dedicated to building for long (my old houses consist of color exploded boxes with roofs ) My current projects are a gothic mansion and a country cottage. Ive been really fascinated with bridges lately so both of those builds have one. I love to see everyone else's creations though I don't make suggestions often. It's really neat to see what everyone can build Oh, and I play TS3 because of the precise color customization that I love so much
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#45 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 5:47 AM
Can everyone say when posting for help, saying in the title what game it is for. TS2, TS3 or TS4.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#46 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 12:39 AM
Hi, habitual lurker here. I'm currently customizing Sunset Valley and building a house for a new savegame. There are a couple of issues on which I'd appreciate your input--will be posting them next.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Like doing laundry? Check out the Infinite Laundry Buffs Fix.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:36 AM
Welcome to our new members, Butterbot, orose, Rguerra and OnayaW!!!

New at Simszoo
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 27th Jun 2017 at 11:28 PM Last edited by Goldenbtrfly : 27th Jun 2017 at 11:32 PM. Reason: forgot to ask a question
Hi-hi! I'm nervous and excited to have a place to get some help and hopefully inspiration on my future (and current) builds. That said - I am a beginner builder whom just started seriously building in joandsarah77's current contest. I currently only am building for TS2, even though I have the other games, as it is the one I play most. I prefer to build CC free with all expansions, using cheats (which I am just now getting used to) except CFE. I just can't seem to wrap my head around CFE. I think my strength is in color coordination?

Edit:
Please feel free to call me Golden, GB, Gold, Goldie... I don't mind. Also, I'm not sure about starting my own thread, so can someone clarify? Do I just title it with my name? There are a couple things I'd like help on.
Alchemist
#49 Old 28th Jun 2017 at 2:17 PM
@Goldenbtrfly First off, welcome to the group
If you want to post your own thread just name it something like 'TS2- roofing problems' for example, so we know which game it is and what you need help with. We can see who posted what anyway

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#50 Old 29th Jun 2017 at 4:01 AM
Hi Goldenbtrfly and welcome.

We are pretty informal here, so as Johnny said, feel free to name your thread anything you wish, but please make the first "word" TS2. That way it is easier for people to identify which game you build in.

Congrats on your first three downloads for MTS! I have been following and greatly enjoying the Community Spirit Contest.

New at Simszoo

Page 2 of 4