Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 1:06 AM
Custom skins help ever so much, I find, and the set I use aren't anything like extreme, they're just smoother.
I think Dora Ottomas gets the prize for, ah, "How the heck did they even DO that!?!" appearance. Look closely at her eyes: her eyelashes intersect her eyelids. I've tried to do that in Bodyshop, and I can't figure it out.
For anyone who thought Sharla was interesting as a teen, try her as an elder. I suspect, though, that the wide-face template that Sandy Bruty exemplifies would mix well with her. It certainly didn't hurt the eyes mixed with Gilbert Jacquet.
Of course, I suspect that a number of us players find the less conventionally attractive sims more fun to play because they have such great characters. Character trumps pretty for story.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 3:04 AM
Vidcund... ugly? I always thought he looked kinda cute. He totally pulls off the bowl-cut/aviator glasses/beard look - even when pregnant!
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 8:09 PM
Chloe Gonzaga when aged up to Elder is in my opinion pretty unattractive.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 26th Dec 2012 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
-scoff- They're not ugly, they're unique!

They sure are, unless the game spawns a billion Sims with the same stupid, over-exaggerated face template. Mind you, I have the NoTownieRegen hack, and yet I ended up having four different guys with the Goopy face in my hood! I sometimes think my game is trying to mock me. Also, Wanda Tinker uses the same template as Sandy Bruty, and Benjamin Long and Kennedy Cox look like they were separated at birth.

I recently tried to give Goopy a makeover, and I was shocked at how well he turned out. The initial plan was to uglify him even further and to make him look like a drunk hobo, but all the wrinkles and shadows I added to his face actually gave him some sort of depth, almost like he's got some sort of back story. Anyone interested to take a look? I could throw in some pics.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dagi_is_a_punk
I recently tried to give Goopy a makeover, and I was shocked at how well he turned out. The initial plan was to uglify him even further and to make him look like a drunk hobo, but all the wrinkles and shadows I added to his face actually gave him some sort of depth, almost like he's got some sort of back story. Anyone interested to take a look? I could throw in some pics.

I'd like to see that, not gonna lie.

I like the diverse faces for the townies since it gives more variety to the available gene pool, to be honest.

If love is what saves all the creatures then why can't I hear them howl?
New Livejournal
EX:pondefloor
Field Researcher
#31 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 4:29 AM
I don't think I feel strongly enough against any particular sims looks overall, but there are plenty of dodgy looking noses, cheeks and brows amongst them!
Jules O'Mackey, the Clevelands, Gabriel Green are good examples of noses - Mary Gavigan, Gabriella Newson and, as already mentioned, Sharla Ottomas for lack of cheeks - can't think of anyone off the top of my head that hasn't already been mentioned with regards to their brows though!

Mad Poster
#32 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 12:05 PM
Mad Poster
#33 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 9:36 PM
They sure are, unless the game spawns a billion Sims with the same stupid, over-exaggerated face template. Mind you, I have the NoTownieRegen hack, and yet I ended up having four different guys with the Goopy face in my hood! I sometimes think my game is trying to mock me. Also, Wanda Tinker uses the same template as Sandy Bruty, and Benjamin Long and Kennedy Cox look like they were separated at birth.

Yeah, I have been having this problem, I just wish the game would randomize the templates further more and would actually change the sliders itself.
Test Subject
#34 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 9:54 PM
In sims 2 at least you can craft them into something decent looking in CAS, in sims 3 they're all ugly and there's nothing you can do about it which is why stick to sims 2. I dont want ugly sims and lets be honest,none of us do,I find sims 2 so much better for that reason.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#35 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jojo1987player
I dont want ugly sims and lets be honest,none of us do.

You know, I think you're wrong there. I'd read the rest of the thread if I were you.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Banned
#36 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 3:11 AM
I tend to kill ugly sims. Don't want them in my game. Even more so those that go way beyond "ugly" and even beyond "hideous." Some of the sims the game comes up with can best be described as "monstrous." I don't even mean actual supernaturals, I mean what gamewise are perfectly normal sims but if they were actual people the sight of them would cause children to cry, old ladies to faint and cows to give sour milk. If Helen of Troy was the face that launhed 1000 ships, Sandy Bruty would be the face that sank 1000 ships. These are the sims that after they were born when the afterbirth came out the doctor congratulated the mother on having twins. The ones who the grandfather clock collapses the moment they walk in the room. The ones who when they do die, the grim reaper pulls the hood completely over so he doesn't have to look at them. The ones who if they look out the window they get arrested for mooning. I have plenty more, but hey.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 3:59 AM Last edited by Fivey : 28th Dec 2012 at 8:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by MattShizzle
I tend to kill ugly sims. Don't want them in my game. Even more so those that go way beyond "ugly" and even beyond "hideous." Some of the sims the game comes up with can best be described as "monstrous." I don't even mean actual supernaturals, I mean what gamewise are perfectly normal sims but if they were actual people the sight of them would cause children to cry, old ladies to faint and cows to give sour milk. If Helen of Troy was the face that launhed 1000 ships, Sandy Bruty would be the face that sank 1000 ships. These are the sims that after they were born when the afterbirth came out the doctor congratulated the mother on having twins. The ones who the grandfather clock collapses the moment they walk in the room. The ones who when they do die, the grim reaper pulls the hood completely over so he doesn't have to look at them. The ones who if they look out the window they get arrested for mooning. I have plenty more, but hey.

You're being so harsh on poor Sandy! :C You just haven't tried hard enough to clean her up, methinks. I've seen far worse sims, trust me. I've seen face 1 sims. Those sims are too good looking for their own good. That isn't normal. That's unnatural.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:32 AM
Has no one mentioned Loki? I suppose he's mostly alright, but... those eyebrows that nearly cover his eyes, oh my. Jules bothers me mostly for her heavy clown make-up. Waaay too much for a teenage girl. I don't recall her actual face being offensive, but it's been awhile since I've played her.

I keep forgetting to remove my replacement face templates. It took me putting those in to realize I prefer the Maxis ones. Everyone looked so generically pretty. At the very least, seeing a weird face here or there gives me something to chuckle at.
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:45 AM Last edited by Fivey : 28th Dec 2012 at 8:25 AM.
Loki's eyebrows are amusing. I wish his eyebrows were more genetically dominant, though. He has both a son and a daughter, and both look more like their respective genetic donors (the daughter is an abduction baby, while the son is from Circe's womb) than they do he. I'm planning to have the daughter of Loki Beaker and the son of Malcolm Landgraab IV get married and have children. Both spawn are uglycute, so their kids by that standard should be uglyCUTER!

EDIT:

PICTURE EVIDENCE!

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Banned
#40 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:56 AM
If any human being actually gets as ugly as some of the townie sims or those who come up in CAS without editing they fall under the category of teratology. This is a real medical specialty of really bad birth defects - from the Greek "teratos" meaning "monster." and "logos" meaning "study of." Not making this up at all.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 6:54 AM
Haha in my hood, Circe had a daughter with Loki, and said daughter has Romulan eyebrows. She totally looks like Tasha Yar's half-Romulan daughter! Might give her a short bob so she can really look like that Star Trek TNG character.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 2:12 PM
You know what makes me slightly nauseated?

The templates that people here are looking at and declaring monstrous, inhuman, etc. are the very templates that I use, to excellent effect, to create slightly cartoony, expressive, not-at-all-ugly-just-slightly-exagerrated NON-WHITE SIMS.

In taste and scent, no argument, but - think about it, people.

And don't shoot the messenger.

(Joshua Ruben, Loki, and Vidcund are all hunks. Hunks!)

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 2:42 PM
I quite like the sims with exaggerated features, to me their faces are interesting rather than ugly. Plus, they don't exactly look their best to start off with because the game dresses them in such bizarre outfits - poor Goopy looks like he's dressed in the remnants of a jumble sale held circa 1973. If you give them a makeover, they generally scrub up quite well though. Both times I've played Sandy Bruty she's ended up looking quite glamorous.

Saying that, I was glad when Dora Ottomas died because she was beyond ugly, the words 'demonic camel' came to mind.

You lied to meā€¦There is a Swansea!
Field Researcher
#44 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 8:31 PM
I like interesting sims. Trust me, I do! Many "uglies" like Goopy Gilscarbo look fairly decent in my opinion. But some (cough cough gorilla face cough) look way too ugly no matter what hairstyle, skin tone, etc.
Banned
#45 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 8:58 PM
To me the "exagerrated non-white" faces look like racist characatures of people of those races.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 11:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tallyb
They don't exactly look their best to start off with because the game dresses them in such bizarre outfits - poor Goopy looks like he's dressed in the remnants of a jumble sale held circa 1973. If you give them a makeover, they generally scrub up quite well though. Both times I've played Sandy Bruty she's ended up looking quite glamorous.

Agreed. Half of those townies wouldn't look half as bad if they wore some decent clothes and make up. Sandy Bruty does look nice when she gets a little overhaul, as do most other in-game spawns. Speaking of which, here are the Goopy pics I promised:

Note that he's still not a beauty (nor will he ever be, eh), but he looks better than before IMO. I wanted to make him look like an obnoxious slob, but instead he turned out looking like a good guy who's just been misfortunate in life. Like, lost everything in a divorce, been homeless for some time, got robbed in the street, you know, stuff like that. And damn, I don't have the heart to kill him off now.
Instructor
#47 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 1:44 AM
[QUOTE=Dagi_is_a_punk] Speaking of which, here are the Goopy pics I promised:

Did you use a new face template for Goopy? Because that's quite the difference then just a general makeover.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The SimWhisperer
Speaking of which, here are the Goopy pics I promised:

Did you use a new face template for Goopy? Because that's quite the difference then just a general makeover.

It looks like the same face template.

I would say it's the wrinkles that differs it. Also, a different default skin and eyes messes with those shadows. Maybe a nosemask and eyemasks.

On that note, Goopy looks handsome when he's cleaned up. Though I think any sim can look attractive with a bit of work. Plastic surgery usually kills sims for me, though.

Simblr.
Instructor
#49 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fivey
It looks like the same face template.

I would say it's the wrinkles that differs it. Also, a different default skin and eyes messes with those shadows. Maybe a nosemask and eyemasks.

It may be the same face template, but the differences are major to me. The new Goopy I'd call attractive. He wasn't given just a makeover, he got a face lift!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 29th Dec 2012 at 2:06 AM
Fivey is right, it really is just new genetics and make up effects. No eye or nose masks though, just some wrinkles, shadows and highlights. Oh, and a beard. And scar. The skin and eyes are my defaults, so I didn't have to mess with those. Whew, good to know I'm not the only one who actually likes his new appearance. For a moment there, I thought I was going mad, believing Goopy looks actually good n' stuff.
Page 2 of 5