Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th May 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why has there never been a Stuff Pack with shabby cheap furniture for poor people?! I love that kind of stuff

Funny enough, 70's, 80's, 90's stuff could have covered that area just fine but the entire 90's section of the game was so barren and naked. The ONLY times I've seen any kind of pack do full on cheap and grunge is in both University and Late Night, but it was still of the lighter sort.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 7th May 2015 at 4:17 AM
I hate the plastic-y texture that dress has. A lot of dresses in TS3 were like that, and the blue deep v-neck cocktail dress that came with the bonus content in TS4 has that same texture. Dresses aren't made of plastic, Maxis. Please stop trying to make us think this looks good.
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 7th May 2015 at 8:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kaspookaboo
I hate the plastic-y texture that dress has. A lot of dresses in TS3 were like that, and the blue deep v-neck cocktail dress that came with the bonus content in TS4 has that same texture. Dresses aren't made of plastic, Maxis. Please stop trying to make us think this looks good.

Well, the whole sims 4 feels plastic... even plants.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th May 2015 at 12:15 PM
Clothing (and some furniture) looked like plastic in TS3 because the shied away from using actual fabric materials. There's an ENTIRE catalog of fabric swatches, but I guess that lone, blank material in Misc. will be fine.

Field Researcher
#55 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:03 AM
Hmmm... I'm not much of a fan of stuff packs. I don't think I've ever actually bought one. The only ones I had in my games ever came bundled with an expansion, mostly because they were more than I wanted to pay. That said, people really seem to like them? So while I'd rather have another game pack like Outdoor Retreat that actually has new game play, I can see why they released one.

And hey, I'd rather see stuff packs than the complete rip off that was the Sims 3 store. Nothing sucks more than getting nickled and dimed to death for content.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:28 AM
I thought i read a long time ago they were ditching stuff packs and replacing them with game packs.

I really do wonder what the price will be. GPs were $20 so SP would be $10? That would be a good price for it I feel, at least compared to TS3 store...Especially if the rumor about single parties is true. Would love single parties, always hard to get singles to gather at one place so that's a feature I'd definitely use.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Field Researcher
#57 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:13 PM
I wish there was smooth transitions between each ep, gp, and sp. I'm not sure how they decide on what will come out next or when they begin to work on each pack. This whole...jumble of packs makes my head spin! I remember buying Free Time for TS2 and then buying the Family Stuff Pack because they are complimentary items. With TS4, it's like, "Send your sims camping! No wait, send your sims to work! No wait, let's have a luxury party instead!" They don't flow well and I have not/am not tempted to buy any of them. Until I see a smooth transition (and discounts), then I may consider picking them up.
Instructor
#58 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:13 PM
I would probably purchase a large stuff pack that adds more than purely niched content, like useable everyday stuff, hairs, furnishing that doesn't scream "look we are so up to date it's almost science fiction" IF the price is $10 or BELOW. Couldn't justify anything more expensive since GPs (the first adding a new "world" and quite a lot of items along with that) are $20.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:21 PM
^This. Stuff packs tend to be a little too extravagant. I'd like a lot more every day middle class stuff.

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 11th May 2015 at 8:52 PM
I wonder when we'll hear more about this pack. Isn't it supposed to come out in a few days?

I might buy it. It depends on the price and how much of the content I'll actually use. I have bought a lot of stuff packs, especially for TS2, but I usually get the most use out of the ones with more normal content. So like the Ikea pack, Mansions & Gardens, Kitchen & Bath stuff and even Glamour Life stuff were really useful to me. I'm hoping they'll make more packs like that. I never really throw parties in my game, so party stuff isn't too important. And I don't need any plastic-looking dresses or glitter-coated suits.But if there's decent looking hairstyles or other objects I can use outside parties, I may pick this pack up.
Retired
retired moderator
#61 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Clothing (and some furniture) looked like plastic in TS3 because the shied away from using actual fabric materials. There's an ENTIRE catalog of fabric swatches, but I guess that lone, blank material in Misc. will be fine.
Nah, it wasn't just the texture from Misc, for reasons only known to Maxis they like putting specular shine on matt surfaces. Even putting a nice material pattern on those clothes in CaST just resulted in *shiny* tweed jackets.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Forum Resident
#62 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I wonder when we'll hear more about this pack. Isn't it supposed to come out in a few days?

I might buy it. It depends on the price and how much of the content I'll actually use. I have bought a lot of stuff packs, especially for TS2, but I usually get the most use out of the ones with more normal content. So like the Ikea pack, Mansions & Gardens, Kitchen & Bath stuff and even Glamour Life stuff were really useful to me. I'm hoping they'll make more packs like that. I never really throw parties in my game, so party stuff isn't too important. And I don't need any plastic-looking dresses or glitter-coated suits.But if there's decent looking hairstyles or other objects I can use outside parties, I may pick this pack up.

We are supposed to hear more about it this week, they will probably spend this week hyping it up for a release next week is my guess.

My Simblr --->Glee & Squee
Forum Resident
#63 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mimoliin
I would probably purchase a large stuff pack that adds more than purely niched content, like useable everyday stuff, hairs, furnishing that doesn't scream "look we are so up to date it's almost science fiction" IF the price is $10 or BELOW. Couldn't justify anything more expensive since GPs (the first adding a new "world" and quite a lot of items along with that) are $20.

Yes me too! I want stuff packs to be filled with stuff I would use all the time. I don't care about adding new gameplay mechanics or parties or whatever. I want basic items that I can use for my sims. If you are going to theme stuff packs at least pick themes that are more closer to the user's actual experience. Most of us aren't going to high class parties here.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Nah, it wasn't just the texture from Misc, for reasons only known to Maxis they like putting specular shine on matt surfaces. Even putting a nice material pattern on those clothes in CaST just resulted in *shiny* tweed jackets.

Do you not polish your tweed jackets? Sims do.

Instructor
#65 Old 12th May 2015 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The1996
What about family game play EA?

Hmmm I'm getting tons of family gameplay in my game, my current family has 9 kids and 4 grandkids, and they keep getting more whims to try for babies. In fact it's getting out of control, I'm trying to focus on careers.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misstrgal
Hmmm I'm getting tons of family gameplay in my game, my current family has 9 kids and 4 grandkids, and they keep getting more whims to try for babies. In fact it's getting out of control, I'm trying to focus on careers.

I'd say that's more of a "Having more babies" gameplay.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
I'd say that's more of a "Having more babies" gameplay.
Well, yes, but then after babies comes raising them and the whole family dynamic, so.....

What are we talking about? A stuff pack dedicated to the rich? *Yawn* I'm with lil bag 2, middle class stuff would be better. Or why not the grunge and or the worn-out items so many people like for creating stories of less than well-to-do people such as those living in burned out factories or on pension checks?

If they're going for luxury, how about period pieces so we create homes from something like, say, Downton Abbey?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 12th May 2015 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Well, yes, but then after babies comes raising them and the whole family dynamic, so.....

What are we talking about? A stuff pack dedicated to the rich? *Yawn* I'm with lil bag 2, middle class stuff would be better. Or why not the grunge and or the worn-out items so many people like for creating stories of less than well-to-do people such as those living in burned out factories or on pension checks?

If they're going for luxury, how about period pieces so we create homes from something like, say, Downton Abbey?

The family dynamic expansion people seem to want is a bit different than just rolling wants to birth more spawn.

IMO for the stuff packs, if they're doing an ultra-rich pack, they need to include at least some upperclass activities and lifestyle options. Things like bringing back golf in some form, maybe tennis. Boarding school would be another, as well as maybe an option to hire a lobbyist to reduce your bills to zero. Objects in the pack should provide some level of bonus to your sim's lifestyle.

Cars would be another thing, but I doubt we'll ever see cars in the Sims 4 stuff pack.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 12th May 2015 at 6:42 AM
The family dynamic expansion people seem to want is a bit different than just rolling wants to birth more spawn.
I'm still confused. What dynamic is missing other than a couple of life stages (toddlers, preteens, something between adult and old - ah! middle age!)? I see lots of family interactions and nuances in the ways relationships are described through both game play and interaction. Coupled with the desires/wants to have children and to interact with family members, what dynamic is missing?

IMO for the stuff packs, if they're doing an ultra-rich pack, they need to include at least some upperclass activities and lifestyle options. Things like bringing back golf in some form, maybe tennis. Boarding school would be another, as well as maybe an option to hire a lobbyist to reduce your bills to zero. Objects in the pack should provide some level of bonus to your sim's lifestyle.
All fabulous ideas! I hope someone from EA checks out this thread. Tennis or golf, especially would be fun and not just for the wealthiest. Polo is a thought, too.

Mad Poster
#70 Old 12th May 2015 at 10:18 AM
Personally, coming from TS2, I don't enjoy families in this game because the babies grow up too fast into self-sufficient children before either me or the parents have gotten to know them, and teens just feel like adult roommates.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:48 AM
I can understand that complaint. Maybe someday....in the meantime, I love how expanded the childhood stage is.

Field Researcher
#72 Old 12th May 2015 at 11:53 AM
Cars would be another thing, but I doubt we'll ever see cars in the Sims 4 stuff pack.

To be honest, I'd be really surprised if we saw cars ever in any expansion, game pack or stuff pack, since there really isn't anywhere to drive them.
Instructor
#73 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
To be honest, I'd be really surprised if we saw cars ever in any expansion, game pack or stuff pack, since there really isn't anywhere to drive them.

We had cars in Sims 2 and it had loading screens also.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#74 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:42 PM
Car were actually used in TS2 for several functions, as well as driving. Sims would physically get into the vehicle and drive off the lot. We don't even have carpools in TS4, so I don't think we'll ever get cars.

Instructor
#75 Old 12th May 2015 at 12:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Car were actually used in TS2 for several functions, as well as driving. Sims would physically get into the vehicle and drive off the lot. We don't even have carpools in TS4, so I don't think we'll ever get cars.

They could always add them to the game :lovestruc

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Page 3 of 141