Date Posted: 5th Aug 2016 at 5:57 AM
Some members of the community have been puzzled as to what happened to my uploads at Plumb Bob Keep (PBK). It is a odd story but it can be told in just a few words. I will also outline my progress and plans towards re-posting them here at MTS.
Two members at PBK had suggested that a thread had become non-productive, with one member saying, "Enough already. Its getting too freakin toxic". I quoted both members and added, "It looks like the same thing has just been said twice. This thread was toxic to begin with." It would appear that this statement alone must have caused me to be banned from the site, although I can only guess since I was not informed. This occurrence seems all the more strange in that a little later the site owner completely deleted the whole thread in question - was it indeed too toxic? In any event, for whatever reason the owner later removed all my content threads from PBK as well, a site-destructive response that just does not make any sense to me.
As a consequence of making this simple statement, StephSim and myself were obliged to respond to persistent, rude and fallacious attacks from a PBK member, all of which have been archived. A senior moderator has now removed all replies to this journal entry, and I agree with this course of action. These issues will be dealt with elsewhere. Please consider this article as *** CLOSED TO COMMENT ***. Any further comments will be summarily deleted.
I have already uploaded the following PBK content to MTS:
The FreeTime "Broken-In" Desk Pooklet Expansion Set
- originally part of the Merchant Guild set, these recolours were posted here at MTS without change.
The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lectern & Accessories
- the "Worshipful Company" Fourth Element Tapestries from the Merchant Guild project were included in this thread without change.
Ye Olde Cooper's Muck for the Masses
- re-posted without change.
A Trash Pit for All Seasons, with Effects & Recolours
- significantly upgraded from the PBK version, if you liked the original please do download the new version.
Basegame Neighbourhood Volcanoes, with Effects & Tunnels
- very slightly changed to give more descriptive catalogue entries. Probably not worth downloading a second time.
Ye Olde Cooper's Food Contents Recolours
- these items were part of the Merchant Guild set. The non-HiRes grapes and rice recolours have been noticeably improved, so it is worth getting the update.
Deco Bag & Deco Sack, with Recolours
- re-posted without change. These were also part of the Merchant Guild set.
The most significant content that remains to be re-posted are the core files from the Merchant Guild which allow Sims to buy and sell food from barrels and sacks, allowing merchants to make a living through trade. I significantly upgraded this set shortly after the original post so that it would also support trade in harvestable crops and fish, as well as theft, donation, vandalism and blessing of food stocks. This upgrade was never quite finished, but it will be a future priority.
There were also several new or updated barrel items in the Merchant Guild set that will be re-posted when I overhaul the original Ye Olde Cooper set - which is long overdue.
Finally, Ye Olde Cooper's Grapes for Stomping is left as a low priority item for now because I feel that it was a prototype that needs to be fully reworked.
Thank you for you patience during this transition, and for all the wonderful support I have received, both at PBK and MTS.