Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th May 2017 at 11:27 PM
I started a little housekeeping last night...checking for duplicate files, purging my overloaded music file, removing high poly cc (that's hard to say goodbye to, but necessary) and things like that. I did recently download Boiling Oil's No Sim Loaded mod and actually got back into a lot that I haven't been able to play for about a year now! I go in and my poor sim is still crying over the death of his mother and it broke my heart.

I'm really attached to that family. They're based on on a movie where two middle-aged girlfriends since childhood fall in love with each others grown sons. Anyway, his mother passed away when I was busy with other aspects of the game that she was a part of–overheated in a hot tub when I wasn't looking. I was so shocked and saddened that I gave her a really lovely funeral and filmed it.

Anyway, her poor son was still crying his eyes out as the other mother, his ex-fiance, just kept coming on the lot day and night, stealing his paper and being a general nuisance. But of the two couples, they were really the ones that were genuinely in love, so I had him invite her in to talk. Long story short, by this afternoon they reconciled and finally got married lol. Her son is going to be livid when he finds out. I'm still tweaking things to see if I can get in some other lots in that neighborhood.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 28th Jul 2017 at 8:00 PM
I'm currently playing an Offspring Challenge from another site. The challenge is to use only sims created by the staff and see how their traits are inherited by their offspring. The sims are fantastic and it's been fun to see the offspring grow up. Most of them are in Uni right now, so my challenge is nearing its end.

As for what I'll do next, I have an ambitious (for me) idea for a very large hood. I did make that hood and start playing, then sidetracked myself with the Offspring Challenge. Now I want to start all over with the big hood. I'm taking some time to think about how I want to play it, and I may start another hood so I can play in the meantime!
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 29th Jul 2017 at 9:47 AM
Currently I had to fix my Tinker offspring household by moving them out and then bulldozing their lot and then moving them back into a new lot and building from scratch. I do think that I fixed the problem I was having with blank want slots though.

Now however I remember that I forgot to write down some information for my forthcoming post on one of my founding families The FitzHugh Household of Bluewater Village. So next thing I will do is go back to the FitzHugh house, and write down information and then go to Uni and write information down there and then I can go ahead and post.

Once I get done with my Post about the FitzHugh Clan, I will then head back to the Tinker House in Bluewater Village and finish them like I was intending on doing.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 30th Jul 2017 at 3:31 AM
I keep starting a BaCC in Pleasantview and then get overwhelmed with so many houses in 3 weeks... so I'm going to just play my favorite challenge, an Apocalypse.

This time I'm playing a Hopeless, Adult Start, Random Apocalypse on the largest lot. The 3rd generation just grew up to a child and there's only been 3 lifts. Slow going and it'll be a few more generations before anyone can move out or go to Uni. At least Medical was 2nd.... first was dance.
Test Subject
#30 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 7:16 AM Last edited by LittleFlower1995 : 4th Aug 2017 at 7:31 AM.
I'm currently rebuilding the whole Acadamie Le Tour. Though added the other residential buildings... So far done over 30 lots. x.x Mean while I question how Maxis built some of their buildings of how they did it. XD
That and also backing it up each time I finished a room, or whenever when I feel like I need to due to me doing a lot to make the building look different compared to what Maxis built it.
Instructor
#31 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 9:09 AM
Well I am trying to build the castle from Hotel Transylvania, love that movie. It needs a little extra twerking here and there but over all - I think it looks rather nice.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Aug 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
Well I am trying to build the castle from Hotel Transylvania, love that movie. It needs a little extra twerking here and there but over all - I think it looks rather nice.

It does look nice! O.O
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Aug 2017 at 12:57 AM
According to the site do I need to rebuild a starter house so it won't be a starter house anymore plus they want me to mention a mod there isn't needed because I actually tested the house off with everything so I know everything works.
Like I will admit, the animation at one of the things isn't wonderful, but it works. The thing works and you don't need a mod to actually curropt your game (mods do that. They overwrite the game and curropt the coding to add in their falsified coding)

I build small houses *^*
Test Subject
#34 Old 21st Aug 2017 at 3:41 PM
Hi! in my sims 2 game i am not doing much... I'm trying to build a new Island because on the old Island there was too much trouble.
I installed a Island called Hawaii. My plan was to make it a witch Island with only witches living there. I had some cool mods but sadly i had conflicts and i could not use any spells
So i removed all my mods but i added my cc clothes back because i know that was not the problem. I wanted u ask does any of u guys know some good starter houses?? I does not have to contain any witch things or stuff, just to build up my Island!!! i will send a screenshot of the Island soon
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 7:10 AM
I got the Tinker Family household fixed. No problems in my game right now.

Recently I finished a Household in my rotation and then I switched to Uni and got one of the Ottomas clan graduated and moved back to what is going to be his new permanent home, the Ottomas Household in Strange Town.

Now it is time for me to play the Kim Household since they are next in my Rotation list.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:02 PM
I feel so sorry for Camden (Liona and Shou's son). Liona and her husband, Matthew Hart, already had their son, Mason to take care of. Now, they had quads, and Liona is pregnant again. I don't know if I can or should move Camden back in with his mom and stepdad before he goes off to college thanks to the Larger Households Mod and the Sims Teleporter. If she ends up having twins or more (especially quads) the next time I play with her, I'm rage quitting.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 2:58 AM
Right now I'm planning my new neighbourhood. I've played my current hood for 10 years and want a fresh start. It's been so long since I created one though, doing the basics at the moment; town planning mostly.
Link Ninja
#38 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:05 AM
I just spent my holiday trying to take pics for a new chapter of my sims story. I had about 20 sims on the lot, all selectable with simblender to micromanage them for pics. Luckily the freezer clock hacked object makes it a lot less of a hassle; otherwise it's like herding cats >.<

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Instructor
#39 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 7:34 AM
My laptop updated to the latest version of Windows 10 out of nowhere yesterday, after all these years just refusing to do so (I've had Windows 10 since the free giveaway). Seriously, it went from ver. 10240 to ver. 15063! I really don't know what I did, I only opened it to clean the dust from the ventilation. And of course, after it finished updating, my Nvidia settings got reset, so the colors looked way too pale and my game got extremely laggy, so I'm still reconfiguring everything to be as it was before. It's quite close, but it's still laggy. At least it doesn't get so ridiculously hot as before.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#40 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:27 AM
@velvetina where are your game laggy? example mine is on big lots and in build mode. It also take a little more to load and I always had windows 10 but windoes 10 generally sucks for gaming because of the constant updates

I build small houses *^*
Instructor
#41 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 8:43 AM
@OnayaW It's not the game's fault, it's a combination of Windows 10 and the laptop model. It's a Sony VAIO from 2011, and it only has 4 GB of RAM! Only the system is already using 2 of that! It has an extra slot to add 4 more, but I haven't been lucky to find a 4 GB extra card in here, and since everything is SO EXPENSIVE where I live... I think I got it close to where it was before, but it still needs more RAM.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 5th Sep 2017 at 11:22 AM
@velvetina okay that is different from mine. mine drives a 8GB ram but it is a hell to when i draw because such a program easily drag up to 3-4 gb when you are drawing... I remember with my old laptop it kept crashing every time i opened the program xD
But even with a computer there is optimal to run sims 2 does my computer still lags because sims 2 is build for the old pcs from 2003/04 and here i am with a office laptop from 2015...

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#43 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 3:29 AM
I'm trying to catch up on posting updates about my Offspring Challenge on the site where the challenge was issued. I'm posting about Round 5, but am actually playing Round 10. I'm thinking about posting it here, too, but want to be a little better organized about it, maybe.

I'm also mulling over how I want to set up my next game. After setting up my new system (which I was forced to put together after being forced to give up XP and move on to Windows 7 ) and installing the game, I set up a large hood, Isle of Demeter. I wanted lots of different types of zones, and I tend not to play subhoods. Then I sidetracked myself with the Offspring Challenge and during that time, decided I need to start over with Isle of Demeter. In reading some of the stories here, I'm beginning to think subhoods are not such an annoyance and might be a good way to go rather than one giant hood with very different zones. I think I'll ask some questions about that in the thread about how we play.

In my next game, I also want to be more careful in making Sims and their origin stories. I find it much harder to do with CAS Sims than with born in game Sims.

So far, it's all in the pre-planning/thinking stage.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:00 AM
I'm searching for good poseboxes for some of my stories, I tend to forget the differents poses, so now I will have a space in my notebook with the pictures of each posebox to save time...
Link Ninja
#45 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 4:49 PM
@srtv if you need any specific poses, hit me up. I have a database I keep track of poses in as well and tons of poseboxes.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#46 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@srtv if you need any specific poses, hit me up. I have a database I keep track of poses in as well and tons of poseboxes.

I sent a PM! Thanks! @Charmful!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:46 PM
I decided to start working more seriously on my new hood. I'd already chosen the hood terrains, so now I need to determine which default replacements I want. That has led to a bit of an overhaul of my default replacements folder, and a bit of reorganizing. I've had a number of hairs and clothes that I find I never use because I don't like how they look on my sims. For the new game, I'm checking everything in Bodyshop to be sure I like the textures and they work with my default skins. Then I'll have to do the same with clothes, and hood deco, and terrain stuff ...this is why I can't do anything quickly.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:16 PM
My adult sims are taking care of two toddlers and it’s a handful!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by STS3388
My adult sims are taking care of two toddlers and it’s a handful!

Don’t worry

I have the triple and quad mod
If two is a handful then you die at 4

Also I had a pair getting so many children in row at one point that there were toddlers all over the place!

I build small houses *^*
Field Researcher
#50 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 6:38 PM
I played with Rick Contrary, he doesn't work in this time of the year, so right now is trying to change his house and garden, he enjoys living alone. I plan to upload some photos of his house to my thread maybe today. Also I want to find a definitive partner for Rick, but his current two boyfriends are good people, so is difficult to choose just one.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"

Page 2 of 3