View Single Post in: MTS Official Contest: Foundations! (Round 4!)

Lab Assistant
#61 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 2:54 AM
Default Evermore Cottage
Evermore Cottage
Located in the woodlands not far from Simalot Castle lies the quaint Evermore Cottage, owned by Lord Builds-Madly and his fiance Lady Sims-Much. After a number of years adventuring in far away lands at the behest of the King of Simalot they decided to retire with the modest hoard of gold they had acquired to this little cottage.

As his father was before him, Lord Builds-Madly is an accomplished carpenter and builder so he wanted to find a place out in the woodlands where he could ply his trade and build a family. Thus he and his fiance decided to purchase Evermore Cottage, a small rural abode set out amongst the trees with enough space for the Lord to build a stable and barn and for the pair to settle down and start a family.

Lot Details
2 Bedroom
Open plan kitchen / dining / living rooms
2 bathrooms
Decorative well
Small stable
Barn / storage building

Furnished - $64,154
Unfurnished - $44,959

Street View

Floor Plans

Note - To aid the judges (and make sure I don't get accidentally disqualified ) this last Floor Plan shows the foundation with a transparent overlay to show the areas I changed to deck and have obscured in places with rocks / trees / other objects to give the illusion that they aren't there. I did not change the foot print of the foundation but I wanted to mask a few spots a few spots that looked silly left as porch / deck areas.

Living Room
Kitchen
Bedroom

Bonus Shots

Small stable with complimentary hay, water trough and obligatory broken cart in the background!

Lady Sims-Much sits by the well, reading a book.

Lord Builds-Madly surveys his handiwork and prepares to build some fantastic wooden construction from the felled trees..

No CC used!
None at all, some free store objects used such as plants from the Earth Day set, Ivy from the Toyota / Renault Eco pack, wheelbarrow from the Harvest Bounty set and a few items from the Riverview town download.

Side Notes
As mentioned in the note above (see floor plan pics) I have obscured a couple of foundation areas with various buy / build objects in order to get the particular structural look I was going for, normally I'd just remove the foundation but since we can't do that I figured hiding it under huge objects was the next best thing :D.

Also for those wondering the chimney does smoke when the fireplace is lit, though the chimney itself is fake (because EA's chimneys are ugly and can't be recoloured)! It's a 1x1 box built from the roof level up with the top of the original chimney to provide the smoke effects (required some CFE and MoveObjects to get placement right), and the chimney running up the outside wall is also fake! It's really just a few carefully textured and placed Buy Mode objects to give the wall an illusion of chimney .