View Single Post in: Foundations - Chat Thread!

Inventor
#901 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 6:18 AM
Post St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss
This is my entry for the (non-official) foundation contest (for the slow-builders among us who didn't manage to enter the first round in time ) - however, it's fun to build with these pre-made foundations anyway and maybe you'd like to see what I have come up with. Here's my idea for #4 foundation:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss"

This old little chapel was build a loooong time ago. After the big fire, back in the 19th centuary, the residents of Twinbrook tried to rebuild the old chapel as is used to be but only a few decades later there was another (smaller) fire and after that the little chapel has been unoccupied and out of service for many years.

In 1979 a young athlete named Joey Brown moved into the private chambers of St. Simeon and started to restore the building. Over time the people of Twinbrook began helping him to give St. Simeon a new look. It took them a few months to make this place livable again.

The young man appreciated the help of the residents and since there was no other place for church services in Twinbrooks he invited the people to visit him every sunday to worship God.

Joey Brown gave up his career as an athlete and became Twinbrook's contact point for people in need and for everybody who wanted to talk. Soon they called him "Father Brown" (inofficial and unconfirmed by the Vatikan, of course) and Joey Brown silently accepted his new role in life and has ever been happy with his new life since then.

30 x 30 lot / Foundation 4
No CC but store items were used to build this

The Floorplans:

Groundfloor
The left door behind the entrance leads to the confessional of St. Simeon.
Pater Brown has his own entrance to this area at the farest end of the sanctuary.
The sanctuary is a very small and simple room. It gives room to ten attender at church.

1st Floor
In the first floor there's the gallery where Pater Brown is having choir practice twice a week with some people from town.
For visitors and attender at church there are also public toilets in the first floor.

2nd Floor
Pater Brown's private rooms are located in the second floor. The workspace is right behind the stairs and connected with the small kitchen and livingroom. His livingroom is nothing but a small table and two comfortable chairs at the farest end of the kitchen but Pater Brown is happy with his little living space. He loves to sit here while reading a good book or just to have a cup of tea while watching the sunset through the windows.
The door behind the workspace is leading to his small but cozy bedroom where he's holding his greatest treasures of his younger days when he was a successful athlete. Only a few steps away there's a door leading to his bathroom. Pater Brown is not very happy with the modern look of it, however, he got the interior donated from the residents of Twinbrook. "You can't say no to a gift, can you?" is what he usually tells his friends when they come for a visit.

At the reverse side of St. Simeon there's also an old little graveyard. "Pater" Brown loves to spend endless hours here with gardening and taking care of the old graves. He has never known any of the people who are buried there, however, he talks to them every day and brings them new flowers and candles.

Today "Pater" Brown is an old man but he still lives in St. Simeon Chapel of Bliss and keeps everything in shape.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I'm late - as always in the morning - have to go to work (again) but.... YAY! ... this is my last day at work before a three weeks holiday.... HURRAY!!!

Will be back this weekend to have a look at all of your wonderful creations. You guys really impressed me with your creativity - and also your speediness (lol). This have been great 4 weeks and I have learned very much from you all. Thank you!