Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#151 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 3:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

I remember that. Those clothes are so horrible, I don't even bother unless it's to sell them XD
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#152 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 4:53 PM
The Sims 2 has a mechanic like that in free time (which I didn't even know about until DAYS ago). From what I remember, it wasn't much to write home about. Someone, correct this information if wrong:

When creating clothing, you have a template from which you can customize an outfit. You select an age and you're given a single template for clothing. From there, you select from a few color swatches that are available for each part of the outfit and you color the whole outfit to your liking. When it's finished you can wear it or sell it to unsuspecting Sims who don't know any better (with OFB installed).

Yes, I discovered this mechanic fairly recently when I got my Sim a gold sewing badge for the first time. I found it rather confusing and difficult to see and work with, the choices were very limited, and the end result pretty awful. After a couple of tries, I went back to choosing clothes from CAS for her to sew and sell. Looking at it now, it seems like a super primitive precursor to CASt.
Field Researcher
#153 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 6:59 PM

Awww who would have guessed that the head of SCIA's secret hobbies are sewing and pottery :lovestruc
Theorist
#154 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 7:20 PM Last edited by TheRealLovecat : 6th Feb 2015 at 7:35 PM.
Clothes you designed? Could that mean the return of an external CASt? Wasn't there talk about a CASt-esque program or am I old and insane as well? I remember it being a big thing a few months ago, but was too busy with life crud to pay a lot of attention. Could that be it?

Designing could also mean pairing up outfits and them becoming "outfits" a la ambitions when the stylists would design outfits for your sims. Could pair stuff and become featured outfits on the mannequin. Could mean LOADS of stuff.

Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
They're just so proud / fond of their Random Sim Generator.

Where will those randoms go? Will they count against our already-paltry 180 Sim Limit?

They will fulfill their NPC Gameplay objectives then go straight into the inSIMerator for a neat and environmentally conscious end. (wow that was kinda dark)

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Instructor
#155 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 9:13 PM
I misread the expansion pack title as Get to Twerk the first time I saw it. I thought it would be some weird Miley Cyrus collaboration.
Test Subject
#156 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I misread the expansion pack title as Get to Twerk the first time I saw it. I thought it would be some weird Miley Cyrus collaboration.

I'm still waiting for Katy Perry's Stale Treats
Instructor
#157 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheRealLovecat
Clothes you designed? Could that mean the return of an external CASt? Wasn't there talk about a CASt-esque program or am I old and insane as well? I remember it being a big thing a few months ago, but was too busy with life crud to pay a lot of attention. Could that be it?

Designing could also mean pairing up outfits and them becoming "outfits" a la ambitions when the stylists would design outfits for your sims. Could pair stuff and become featured outfits on the mannequin. Could mean LOADS of stuff.

They will fulfill their NPC Gameplay objectives then go straight into the inSIMerator for a neat and environmentally conscious end. (wow that was kinda dark)

You know it might not be that difficult to raise or change the population cap in a patch, in fact some modders have already done this. New world naturally means higher population, Can no one imagine ea changing it's programming, they've been doing it every month
Instructor
#158 Old 6th Feb 2015 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
I would be really weird if you spent all day delivering babies in the hospital, and then never got to see any of those babies grow up into children.

Weirder stories, guys!

Just like random toddlers and children we get in that daycare profession(ts3)? Never got to see any of them grow up.
First day: Yay, he learned how to walk. Next day: yay he's learning new skills ... the other day: where's he now? Disappeared in the oblivion.

Was I the only one frustrated that our sim neighbors couldn't send their children to daycare?

Let's just agree to disagree.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:46 AM
Anyone think that we'll be able to have businesses from home?
Test Subject
#160 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katxattack
Anyone think that we'll be able to have businesses from home?

I think we will because that naturally fixes the problem of which sims you can focus on at one time. You could have one or two sims running the business whilst you can also control what the rest of the family is doing.
Theorist
#161 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:05 AM
People on the official forum have asked the gurus if having a business on the home lot is possible, and so far those questions have not been answered. So I'd say it's too early to tell. I suspect that all these jobs must take place in the new world that will come with the EP, but I guess we'll see.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
#162 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
People on the official forum have asked the gurus if having a business on the home lot is possible, and so far those questions have not been answered. So I'd say it's too early to tell.

That kind of silence is never a good sign when it comes to this game. I'm getting toddlergate flashbacks.
Lab Assistant
#163 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
That kind of silence is never a good sign when it comes to this game. I'm getting toddlergate flashbacks.

Do you think we're approaching such an overuse of the term "-gate" in the past few years that people will finally stop using it all together?
Instructor
#164 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 2:57 AM
People on the official forum have asked the gurus if having a business on the home lot is possible, and so far those questions have not been answered. So I'd say it's too early to tell. I suspect that all these jobs must take place in the new world that will come with the EP, but I guess we'll see.

So no home venues to make easy ass money like in TS2? Well that sucks.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

Well nothing has been confirmed 100 percent being that a trailer was just released and they can't tell us every single detail. We should know that policy by now.
Field Researcher
#166 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:41 AM

Well Guru Lyndsay already said they are adding a retail district and neighborhood for all of the open careers. My guess is they will add new lot types for a business such as national park or bar but that is just a guess.
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 6:00 AM
Shit I loved having a business from home, how adorable is it to have a little at home bakery where you live upstairs?
Lab Assistant
#168 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jacro
I'm still waiting for Katy Perry's Stale Treats

I'm so guilty, but I liked that pack. Please don't send the simpolice after me
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#169 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katxattack
Shit I loved having a business from home, how adorable is it to have a little at home bakery where you live upstairs?

I ran an Asian-themed home massage parlor that sold scented candles on the side in TS2. Now, THAT was fun.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Top Secret Researcher
#170 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 11:53 AM
I ran an Asian-themed home massage parlor that sold scented candles on the side in TS2. Now, THAT was fun.

Kind of reminds me of the brothel I ran out of the House of Fallen Trees in the Downtown area. Too bad my selfsim wandered onto the lot while I was testing that business and left pregnant with twins...

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Mad Poster
#171 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vss2eip
I misread the expansion pack title as Get to Twerk the first time I saw it.

Get Back to Twerk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du3se44ff3o
Theorist
#172 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 8:30 PM
I have a feeling that people will be able to mod for home businesses. It's not as great as getting them out of the gate, but it's something.

Silence is something I have gotten used to. Did we get lots of info pre-release with the outdoor pack? Naw, they kinda dropped it on our heads.

Quote: Originally posted by Pollux111
Do you think we're approaching such an overuse of the term "-gate" in the past few years that people will finally stop using it all together?

Don't make this into Gate-gate-gate.

I survived September 2nd 2014 and all I got was this lousy thread - http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=532774
Test Subject
#173 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm

The simpolice are on there way!
Mad Poster
#174 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm

Field Researcher
#175 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
Well Guru Lyndsay already said they are adding a retail district and neighborhood for all of the open careers. My guess is they will add new lot types for a business such as national park or bar but that is just a guess.

It does not exclude home business, it just give another option, the article talked about them but naturally it was just speculations.
However it talked about mixing an interactive carrier with home business who make it sounds far less formal, set up an shop and open it if you want,

The number of random townies on the street outside would make any sort of venue profitable including an pet shop only selling frogs.
You would need a way to differentiate business and living areas however the room tool in sims4 contain part of it not just use fences and locked doors.
Locked thread
Page 7 of 447