Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:07 PM
Default WIP: Jennifer Lawrence
Hey y'all!

Working on my favorite actress of all times,
just not sure what I'm missing here, but something just doesn't seem right. I added a few shots with her different hairstyles and makeup, since she's wearing makeup in the reference picture too.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 6:56 PM
What I see as being the biggest difference is that your Sim version has a much more angular chin/jaw than the real JL does... I think if you can soften those lines it would make a big difference.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 9:53 PM
The RL Jenn's eyes are a bit more squinted too, like maybe just a click or two.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:07 AM
Yeah,edit the eyes like stated before and work a bit on the lips. You got the nose's shape,but probably a bit shorter would be better That's all I can say
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
The RL Jenn's eyes are a bit more squinted too, like maybe just a click or two.

Squinted, and turned down at the corners a bit more... if you were to draw a line from the center of the eye to the outside corners, it would be sloped downward ever so slightly in the photo of JL you posted, and sloped upward ever so slightly for the Sim version. I would think just one click, maybe two, would do it- even TINY changes to the eyes can make a big difference!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 5:45 AM
I love that just 2 days ago I was searching for a JLaw sim, and found nothing!

It could just be the skin/lipstick you're using, but I think the upper lip is a bit off. Tweak the nose so it's a bit shorter; I'd suggest making the nostrils a bit wider, but I think that is something you can change the look of with rensims nose masks. And maybe make the eyebrows a little thinner

Looking forward to the upload!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Cleos : 19th Apr 2014 at 3:52 PM. Reason: Forgot to add another change

And one with slight eyeliner

Here's an update - I made the entire face less anglar, made the eyes a bit more squinted, (one click, two clicks would make the eyes nearly closed) I also worked on the fullness and top of the lip, and made the nose shorter. I do think it's a bit better now, still not entirely sure if this resembles Jennifer in the way I like
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Apr 2014 at 4:00 PM Last edited by Cleos : 19th Apr 2014 at 4:01 PM. Reason: added more photos
Here's another one! Your comments are were really helpful, but I feel like I'm not completely there yet.