Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 5742 (Who?), Viewed: 342809 times.
Page 230 of 230
Instructor
#5726 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 7:29 PM
I just discovered how to get rid of the childhood bear phase without cheats (Parenthood)
I got the parents to talk and ask their kid about the phase a few times, and wear with him the stupid bear costume, and the kid just snapped out of this phase in less than a day!
super easy, as it turns out..
Scholar
#5727 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 9:47 PM
Today I caught the game using my sim Daniel as bouncer at the Stargazer Lounge. Problem: Daniel is registered with the ministry of labour as janitor.

I thought registering makes sims count as having a job and thus not eligible for drafting?
Is bouncer duty an exception or do I misunderstand how registering works?
Mad Poster
#5728 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 10:22 PM
For certain roles the game can pull whoever it likes whenever it likes, unemployed or otherwise. It seems to do this most often for street vendors in my game. The bouncer role is not classed as a type of job so being employed wouldn't have any effect. I believe littlemssam has a mod to stop the game from using played Sims as bouncers.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Instructor
#5729 Old 13th Jan 2019 at 10:42 PM
Here's the mod ^
Bouncer Only Homeless Sims (the description is under the second picture on the page)
https://littlemssam.tumblr.com/post...-are-sooo-small
Scholar
#5730 Old 15th Jan 2019 at 2:30 AM
@Menaceman44 and @Keren

Thank you two! Grabbed the mod (and also the one that stops celeb outfit copying). It was funny to see my paparazzo in the bouncer role (sneaky, sneaky, the fox guarding the chicken coop) and Daniel was maybe there on an undercovor investigation (he's janitor of the police station and sometimes assists the detectives). But I've also seen some totally inappropriate candidates in this role.
Scholar
#5731 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 2:15 AM
Double post, but it's just too good to wait: Children can use the karaoke machine together with adults despite their different heights! With their parents, which is already very cute, but also with teens, which opens up possibilities for Max and the Renegades to terrorize the neighborhood

I realized that in a story save, not even in real gameplay.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5732 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 11:05 AM
A little late to Parenthood, but both my parents did quite well on raising parenting skill So much so that the Dad, who does not have the Childish trait (I even double checked because I was so confused by this) now just watches the kid's channel when left to his own devices. The Kid's channel runs with the same songs as the TS3 kid's radio channel. I hated those songs then, I hate them even more now. Enough that if this isn't some weird cosmic payback for something I did I don't think I can ever allow a parent to gain the skill (probably ill cheat it away from him and pray for a resolution, I don't care about his being a great dad) or never have children ever again. Or maybe a no autonomous watch TV mod.
Instructor
#5733 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
A little late to Parenthood, but both my parents did quite well on raising parenting skill So much so that the Dad, who does not have the Childish trait (I even double checked because I was so confused by this) now just watches the kid's channel when left to his own devices. The Kid's channel runs with the same songs as the TS3 kid's radio channel. I hated those songs then, I hate them even more now. Enough that if this isn't some weird cosmic payback for something I did I don't think I can ever allow a parent to gain the skill (probably ill cheat it away from him and pray for a resolution, I don't care about his being a great dad) or never have children ever again. Or maybe a no autonomous watch TV mod.

I think it's either the family related aspirations or the Family Oriented trait that makes them watch the kids channel all the time..
it's not the skill tho, 100% certain.

you also don't need any mod to ban the autonomous TV watch, you're using MCCC so you can use the Auto Scan feature in the Tuner module to ban any action you want from being autonomous.
Theorist
#5734 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 5:45 PM Last edited by HCAC : 16th Jan 2019 at 5:55 PM.
The "Alexa" speaker is cute as a free option.

I miss my beloved dog so much. RIP LUNA 12/17/18
Test Subject
#5735 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 2:18 AM
Today while playing Sims 4 I came to the realization that I like creating custom content more than I actually enjoy playing. I keep getting "bored" about 5 seconds in and exiting the game to create something new. <3 I am jsut really learning how to create and it is fascinating and fun to me right now. Now If only I could figure out the lighting situation my "kids" rooms would be perfect <3.

One Minute Ninja'd
#5736 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
I think it's either the family related aspirations or the Family Oriented trait that makes them watch the kids channel all the time..
it's not the skill tho, 100% certain.

you also don't need any mod to ban the autonomous TV watch, you're using MCCC so you can use the Auto Scan feature in the Tuner module to ban any action you want from being autonomous.

Really? In MCCC? I've gotta spend some time looking at all the features. I rarely use the tuner module so that'll be my to do list today.
Instructor
#5737 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 1:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskie227
Really? In MCCC? I've gotta spend some time looking at all the features. I rarely use the tuner module so that'll be my to do list today.

Yeah, it was originally a standalone mod by Scumbumbo here at MTS, which was later got added to MCCC
me personally prefer the original mod, which is easier to use (for me), so if you don't get along with the Auto Scan you can try it too
if you need any help with it you can PM me, I'm using it since it got released (an year+ ago) and I banned so many actions from being annoyingly autonomous using this amazing mod..

http://modthesims.info/d/602837
Lab Assistant
#5738 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 4:38 PM
Today, I discovered that I didn't discover anything worth discovering on the Discovery Channel.

If you are reading this... HA! HA! Made you look!

GARGA BLARG BLARG!!!
One Minute Ninja'd
#5739 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keren
Yeah, it was originally a standalone mod by Scumbumbo here at MTS, which was later got added to MCCC
me personally prefer the original mod, which is easier to use (for me), so if you don't get along with the Auto Scan you can try it too
if you need any help with it you can PM me, I'm using it since it got released (an year+ ago) and I banned so many actions from being annoyingly autonomous using this amazing mod..

http://modthesims.info/d/602837

Thanks! This is going to be my mission today.

One item I spotted is that the Roaring Vice movie on the TV was all shot in the Roaring Heights world. That was a really great world and one of my all time faves from TS3.

I also noticed that while relationships and family trees remain intact when splitting households, it doesn't seem to go suoer smoothly. I moved my current heir's parents out so they could have the original lot to themselves. Now when they meet their parents in public venues their parents are identified as "Fans" with options to give autograph or take selfie with.
Forum Resident
#5740 Old 18th Jan 2019 at 5:46 PM
Fashion career gives new interactions.
One Minute Ninja'd
#5741 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 6:47 AM
So I got the Fitness pack because I really liked the climbing wall that I remembered from TS3. As it's fairly tall, and a retrofit for my lot, I decided the backyard was perfect for it. My sims seemed to like it. Then it started raining.

I lost 2 butlers in under a week to electrocution. Had to lose the wall or end up with a backyard of headstones.
Instructor
#5742 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 5:22 PM
yes they should have a upgrade too prevent objects getting wet in the rain.
Scholar
#5743 Old Today at 2:05 AM
I'm still new to Sims4. But today I discovered that the social workers don't take every non-teen sim like previous games. Daycare didn't do a good enough job taking care of my sims baby because as soon as they got back they took the baby, left me with the toddlers, and I kid I swear is going to have a pool accident soon. No worries, my Sim is still in a very happy/hysterical mood despite loosing the baby.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Page 230 of 230