Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

matrix54, Keysmash, daisylee

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 12:07 AM
Replies: 8094 (Who?), Viewed: 348751 times.
Page 324 of 324
Alchemist
#8076 Old Yesterday at 9:08 AM
Of course yes. Another one to fill in my wardrobe of unused clothing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Alchemist
#8077 Old Yesterday at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Were you wondering which completely unnecessary fursuit we would get this time? Here's your answer:

I guess they've moved on from bear suits, but what is this one supposed to be?
Test Subject
#8078 Old Yesterday at 12:12 PM
It looks like a rabbit with its ears pulled back, the background seems to indicate it's some kind of cartoon mascot maybe?
That makes me wonder if we will be able to see the movies our Sims are in on the tv, I'd see that kind of character on the children's channel for example.

Just read my posts with the frenchiest accent you could possibly imagine.
Field Researcher
#8079 Old Yesterday at 1:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLogicielle
It looks like a rabbit with its ears pulled back, the background seems to indicate it's some kind of cartoon mascot maybe?
That makes me wonder if we will be able to see the movies our Sims are in on the tv, I'd see that kind of character on the children's channel for example.

That is my biggest question. I would love if that were possible but somehow deep down I just don't think they will add that feature. I mean if they did that would be a huge thing. The pack would definitely catch more of my interest.
Scholar
#8080 Old Yesterday at 1:22 PM
What if I don't want my sim to ridiculise herself in a weird animal costume ? Will it stop her from getting more famous ? ...Just wondering if those "jobs" as an actor are set in a specific order (first you play a pirate, then next job that animal thingie... therefore having to go through all of them) OR if you're free to accept/refuse jobs.
Instructor
#8081 Old Yesterday at 1:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chax
What if I don't want my sim to ridiculise herself in a weird animal costume ? Will it stop her from getting more famous ? ...Just wondering if those "jobs" as an actor are set in a specific order (first you play a pirate, then next job that animal thingie... therefore having to go through all of them) OR if you're free to accept/refuse jobs.

There's also the big question how many sets we'll have, so how repetitive will it be? The article mentioned pirate and romantic drama. The picture with the fursuit looks like children. And the trailer showed historian, sci-fi, wild west and something like jungle or tribal or apocalypse. That seems like 8 so far.
Lab Assistant
#8082 Old Yesterday at 4:42 PM
Were fursuits on the Bingo card? They should be.
Instructor
#8083 Old Yesterday at 5:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeservedCriticism
Were fursuits on the Bingo card? They should be.

Of course it was "Giant ridiculous animal costume"
https://mfbc.us/m/mqk92h
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8084 Old Yesterday at 9:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiabara
Of course it was "Giant ridiculous animal costume"
https://mfbc.us/m/mqk92h

Bingo!

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#8085 Old Yesterday at 9:15 PM
Speaking of costumes, I wonder what happened to the idea of making certain outfits making sims act a certain way (tragic clown return in a patch) ? I seen so many possibilities that could have come with this If they were putting more attention that, but probably the low budget got in the way that the initiative got in a way. It's unfortunate we come to the point where expansions can't even offer interesting life states or npcs for that matter.

Scholar
#8086 Old Yesterday at 9:35 PM
I think that animal suit is supposed to look like one of the Voidcritters.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8087 Old Today at 3:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apsalar
I think that animal suit is supposed to look like one of the Voidcritters.

So we’re getting 12 of the little shits? Splendid.

Scholar
#8088 Old Today at 4:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

Thankfully that's most likely too much work for EA.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#8089 Old Today at 6:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsearchably
https://youtu.be/UGanJbufi7Q

Never underestimate how lazy some people are willing to get.

"What if faucet but app" is peak tech-neoliberalism and now I'm outside, nude and angry and screamin' at the moon.

Anyway, how 'bout this for the pack name: A Star Is Bored. The fame thing is tired. The best packs provide a broad theme, seasons or pets or nightlife and activities. Fame is pretty narrow and specific and makes the game more like an RPG, just as World Adventures' and its numerous spin-offs and clones did. Having it purely be about acting (going off the trailer) makes it even more limited. It seems more like one of the original PS2 games.

Also the world looks flat and ugly in the first shot. San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay are really nice. Kind of wish they had gone for another California city as a setting than LA. Like combined Hollywood with a San Francisco backdrop.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Forum Resident
#8090 Old Today at 8:55 AM
Quirks sound like the weaknesses of vampires which I think is a cool idea. I also love how well-made the acting career seems to be done. Agencies? Yes, please!

I just hope they made it so you don't gain fame points when you don't want to, like everybody has to join an agency before publishing books will make you famous. Or you could choose to keep your kid incognito so that it doesn't inherit fame. I don't want my whole legacy family to be famous. But from what I've seen, it seems to be unnegotiable.
The return of a tabloid would also be very cool, I loved that feature in TS3. Pretty darn sure it won't happen though although we have paparazzi.
Alchemist
#8091 Old Today at 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54

You can't have just one. You have to have one in every color, because Photoshop.

Somewhere between angry pooping and now costumes of characters that nobody knows what it actually is, the truth must lie. It is a truth we probably won't know for many years from now, but yeah. There has been no shortage of questionable decisions made with TS4 and yet they continue to hammer on that nail. If they are in search of meme material, I don't think the joke is going to turn out as they expected.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8092 Old Today at 2:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
"What if faucet but app" is peak tech-neoliberalism and now I'm outside, nude and angry and screamin' at the moon.

Anyway, how 'bout this for the pack name: A Star Is Bored. The fame thing is tired. The best packs provide a broad theme, seasons or pets or nightlife and activities. Fame is pretty narrow and specific and makes the game more like an RPG, just as World Adventures' and its numerous spin-offs and clones did. Having it purely be about acting (going off the trailer) makes it even more limited. It seems more like one of the original PS2 games.

I think packs about being famous are fine, they just handle them strangeley. They usually make them linear in nature (which is fine), but they pigeon hole you to one career path (which is still fine) as of late as opposed to making game a little broad, as your fame increased you get access to new opportunities, rewards, perks, etc.

*idea spam*

Like, specific fame related activities would unlock new rabbit hole careers with specific work from home opportunities (for the sake of having more than just one acting career), or unlock special branches of others, and these careers, that rely heavily on fame and networking, unlock new career rewards.

There would be a fame related branch of culinary, which is Cooking Show Host, which would inevitably unlock new high end kitchen equipment, like a deep fryer, and that Japanese grill that EA keeps from us. This unlocks the Career Reward Trait “Made With Love,” which allows Sims to elicit an emotional response from food when interacting with it. A new emotion would be “Infatuation,” which causes Sims to abandon all needs in favor of love for 24 hours.

A new career altogether would be theater, which would inevitably branch off into acting and directing. Directors unlock a video game, which works the same as it did in TS3. This enables players to watch videos at home. This also unlocks “Film A New Movie,” “Continue A Movie,” and “Finish A Movie,” which sequences together three short clips to watch a movie. Directors have the career reward trait of “Controlling,” which allows them to influence Sims to do specific behavior pertaining to their Charisma level to help with making films (or anything else). Actors would unlock the game “Charades” to play with friends and family. They unlock the “In-Character” career trait which allows all (and I do mean all) social interactions incredibly effective.

We could have some fame related branch of athletic that branches off into being a professional boxer (with strange consumes and all), which would unlock a boxing ring, which would pair well with the punching bag. A new friendly interaction between Sims could be Arm Wrrestling. A new career reward trait in “Grand Master,” which allows the Sim to build Charisma while building the Athletic skill.

There’s a Fashion Victim career career which would branch into Modeling or Designing. Models have the “Take My Picture” interaction, which allows them to seize control of Sims in order to create new photos that goes into their inventory. They get the career reward trait of “Heartthrob,” which allows Sims to become infatuated for 24 hours upon viewing a photo of them, with a 7 day cool down. The Career reward is a catwalk (of course). Designers have the “Judge Fashion” interaction, which scales based on some algorithm. Sims can change the appearance on the fly of other Sims with the “Portable Wardrobe” career trait, which will make the Sims happy for 24 hours. The career reward is a stylists chair, which allows them to make money by styling looks for Sims. This chair, when used on a commercial lot, will spawn a stylist who can style Sims upon request.

There could probably be a billion more, but it could be great to jump from one game relatedness career to another.

Another feature, Since this is the Fame and Fortune pack, could be a Stock Market, where Sims buy actual shares of fake business, and as these business do well, Sims do well. Different lots are more prone to failure than others, such as a Marina in <Town From Pets Here>, or a high end apartment or nightclubs from San Myshuno - these would usually do well. Buying a Dive Bar, not so much. Sims can also create fake businesses (not actual lots) to visit and as they grow, Sims make money by investing in certain services, like buying strobe lights for a nightclub). Sims can also invest in these businesses. Ownership of other lots would also get a boost based on the worth of the lot (and a general multiplier based on the lot type).

It would be a great money sink and be a realistic alternative to sitting in front of a camera all day.

Lab Assistant
#8093 Old Today at 4:34 PM
I just truly don't think fame is a good concept. Like just trying to build a list of people that would and would not appreciate a fame pack based solely on the concept, without even including how well or poorly done individual mechanics are in the equation:

People who would like and appreciate Celebrity packs

-People who dream of being famous
-People who are obsessed with a certain celeb and want to make them
-People who want EVERYTHING in the Sims, from celebrities to professional window washers

People who would dislike Celebrity packs

-People who don't want a fame system forced on their Sims that aren't designed to be famous
-People who want an accurate simulation of their own real lives
-People who want to simulate the average American suburb or the like
-People with zero interest in fame or celebrities in general
-People who don't like packs that feel too easy (aka reward tons of easy opportunities to make loads of cash or loads of friends for zero effort)
-People who dislike mechanics like paparazzi or others relentlessly overreacting to seeing them, bothering them for attention

The list of those that dislike it outweighs the benefit. I feel like those on the list of those who like it are also more specialized groups of people whereas those are the dislike list are often very broad. The pack just feels like too specialized a concept to succeed. I mean you would think Supernatural packs would be more polarizing since it's 100% pure fantasy, and yet those outperform Celebrity packs in popularity. When you're less popular than a supernatural pack despite the fact that the supernatural pack actively flips off users that want realism or a realistic simulation, then you're doing something wrong.

I think the only way they could make a Celebrity pack work as a concept is to absolutely surrender all control to the player and let them customize everything. Let them decide if paparazzi, free gifts or people asking for autographs are a thing. Let them decide if fame is gained or winning a karaoke contest or can only be earned by certain careers. Let them decide how much money, free gifts and relationship boosts they gain for being a celebrity.

If people can control all of those, then those that prefer realistic simulation can tune down the numbers and utilize that system for local celebrities in their small town instead of having an awkward story of "this is humble little Bugtussle, Oklahoma and oh btw Brad Pitt lives here now." They can customize it so that people get a slight boost for being a local celeb in their small town, but beyond that they only have a decent income and that's it.

Problem is, based on what we've heard:

-It sounds like being famous will be too easy again. They listed bowling a perfect game or winning a karaoke contest as reasons to gain fame. Sounds like anything from playing guitar in public or painting a masterpiece could potentially net fame. If it's just the vampire system, then yeah, certain actions will reward fame points and eventually you "level up."
-Let's assume the perks/quirks are intended to let you customize things more. That's neat and all, but now my worry is the perks are meaningless and all flavor. You pick a perk to get people to want your autograph, but then ok what exactly is the tangible benefit of being a celeb? What does it mean for my gameplay beyond a couple additional animations and aesthetic bonuses? If THESE fall through and don't deliver, then what exactly does this pack offer...?

The only good thing that might be nice:

-Assume they copied every aspect of the vampire system. This means you could theoretically "deny" the celebrity system by refusing to take your 1st quirk, thereby preventing you from advancing to a 2-star celeb. If this is a thing, that would be very much appreciated.
Alchemist
#8094 Old Today at 6:18 PM
Maybe If someone's not in it for fame grinding system, it surely would be interested If it offered and things you could do If TS4 wasn't strict and TS4 being well frankly living to the name of TS4. Like that acting they introduce, it would sell far more If taking the role would make a big great impact in the media of SimNation (as I mentioned before, sim that took on a role would actually appear on TV, like five-star chef replacing the host of the cooking show and from there... well I can't think of that would make more useful (perhaps relatives would learn cooking much more faster while watching than other sims) or give the tools (or as a bonus addition / also opens opportunities to do the following of the tv thingy) to create cinemas with more control over sims and everything to create plots, script and stuff like that (TS3 kinda comes with all sort of stuff and system, but the closest thing I can think of is the ability of building tombs with mechanicisms that work according to plan). Albeit it wouldn't help outside of machine gameplay (the choice of time for developing this particular theme as an expansion pack is bad, as much I hate to shove out a group that's been loooking forward for this theme), it would at least give something for the players to work with. Idk, GF looks weak in comparison with Showtime. I'm something could have been with this pack, If there had been much creativity and thinking-outside-of box (which pretty much goes to all their work, so I'm looking at all content packs) to flesh-out and make the fame dynamic much more interesting and fun than the typical: you're-famous-get-stuf-fri-annoying-paparrizis/stalkers. Like really, people like matrix54 can think off of better concepts the pack could already have included even when it is well-thought and suited for the tight budget they have.

Instructor
#8095 Old Today at 7:14 PM
I'd like there to be different types of fame. Like being popular in a small neighborhood and not a superstar or being popular in school or college( whenever we get those). Or just being popular among some communities but not in general. Like how Twallan is popular in the Sims 3 modding community. I wish that type of specified fame was possible.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon https://www.patreon.com/PuddingFace
Page 324 of 324