Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 442 (Who?), Viewed: 86601 times.
Page 18 of 18
Instructor
#426 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM
TS1 - Unprecedented
TS2 - Impactful
TS3 - Garbage
TS4 - Pretty Okay

It's just my unpopular opinion, and people can rag on me as much as they want, but I rather like TS4 for it's own reasons. TS2 is still my favorite and it's way beyond TS4 in terms of greatness, though.
Theorist
#427 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:53 AM
I will never understand why is TS3 garbage if peoples PCs cannot run it. Tho base game is almost as shallow as TS4, expansions provide more than enough gameplay for years onwards. It's still realllly different experience from standard sims game. I guess that's why some people don't like it.
Instructor
#428 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 3:49 PM
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.
Test Subject
#429 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 8:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremily_
I'm a stereotypical broke college student who can't afford the latest and greatest PC, so I typically back-up my opinion by saying I've never run TS3 on a stellar computer. I'm not a fan of the open world, I think all the sims look the same (that also goes for TS4), I don't like the memories-system and a lot of other Sims 3-specific components, and it's always been glitchy/laggy for me (again, partly because I don't have a fancy schmancy PC). I just don't get the same sense of fulfillment out of it as I do with TS2. TS4 will at least run adequately enough and my sims look aesthetically appealing.

Maybe it's great on computers who can handle it and that's why it's sustained so much popularity. But, alas, my little HP laptop can't handle much.

You're missing out! When you graduate, work and buy a better computer, try TS3 some time. I really love it! The new computer you get doesn't even have to be top of the line anymore because all the new computers have caught up to TS3 requirements. I don't like the memories system too, so I turn it off, but everything else is amazing! I used to love TS2 the most until TS3 came out and now that I've experienced open world, it is so hard for me to go back to TS2. So now I only play that one sometimes, but TS3 is something I like to play everyday, since it's so flexible and customizable and with so much to do!

Right now, I'm creating and testing 6 diving lots in the base game's Sunset Valley. I plan to upload them somewhere for people who either are tired of scuba diving in the same 4 diving lots in Isla Paradiso and or for those who can't get Isla Paradiso to work and want to experience scuba diving. After that, I will to build a store on the beach to sell all the stuff my sims collect while scuba diving! But, it's not the only thing you can do. There are so many other things!
Lab Assistant
#430 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 3:51 AM
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Field Researcher
#431 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezypuff121P
So I'm going to be 100% honest here -- I love TS2, I liked TS3, and I'm not fond of TS4. I currently only own the base game and Outdoor Stuff (that one game pack that lets you adventure in Granite Falls or whatever the name of that place is). I dislike it so much in fact that, despite purchasing it almost immediately after it came out, I have uninstalled the game three times and have played it for a total of 129 hours. I find the gameplay boring, glitchy, and way too meme-y for me to form some sort of bond with it in the same way that I did for the previous installments of the sims. I have now reframed my mindset into thinking of this not as a sequel to the previous installments, but as a spinoff to the main franchise. I believe this frame of thought will allow me to be more forgiving of its flaws.

I wanted to ask -- since Origin is having a sale on select TS4 game and expansion packs, what would you guys recommend that a die-hard TS2 loyalist who enjoys family and BaCC play purchase in order to get the most value out of their money? I'm partial to not buying anything at all since I'm not sure that any of the current offerings would expand the gameplay enough for it to make a meaningful difference in what I think of the game, but right now I am leaning most heavily towards Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, and Kids Stuff Pack (whatever that thing is called). But again, I'm not completely sold on anything.

I am open to suggestions for those who are willing to provide it.

If you like family play then Parenthood is for you it makes the Toddler add on even better.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#432 Old 16th Jun 2018 at 7:04 AM
@cheezypuff121P As a Sims 2 player I would get parenthood and get to Work, but it still looks way too expensive to me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#433 Old 18th Jun 2018 at 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremily_

You probably wouldn't like it on an HP Omen either! All I ever wanted after Sims 2 was an expanded Sims 2 as I loved it, with better play, Sims looks' and opportunities and all I liked in Sims 3 was CAS recolouring and wasted much of my time on it. I have tried it on a gaming computer and it still has bad programming errors. I liked World Adventures and it went downhill from there, for me anyway. Now we are advised not to install all the packs for better play. That marks a badly made game in my opinion.

Sims 4 is getting better as it goes along, given that engine that gets complained about continually and EA's marketing practices which I deplore. I doubt that I would buy a Sims 5 though.
Lab Assistant
#434 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 6:00 PM
Thank you @Bur1440 and @joandsarah77! I appreciate the input. Even with the sale, the price of the packs is a bit too steep for my wallet so I think I'll hold off for longer until I think it's worth it to spend the money. I'm still having plenty of fun with TS2 Perhaps I'll splurge on Inquisition instead...

Lurking since 10/2/07 ~ Call me Cheezy. ;)
Tumblr: http://mmmcheezy.tumblr.com/
Test Subject
#435 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamishmc
You probably wouldn't like it on an HP Omen either! All I ever wanted after Sims 2 was an expanded Sims 2 as I loved it, with better play, Sims looks' and opportunities and all I liked in Sims 3 was CAS recolouring and wasted much of my time on it. I have tried it on a gaming computer and it still has bad programming errors. I liked World Adventures and it went downhill from there, for me anyway. Now we are advised not to install all the packs for better play. That marks a badly made game in my opinion.

Sims 4 is getting better as it goes along, given that engine that gets complained about continually and EA's marketing practices which I deplore. I doubt that I would buy a Sims 5 though.

A lot of TS3 players don't pay attention to the advice to load only a few packs at a time. That's just a suggestion after all, not mandatory! TS3 was just too way ahead for it's time, but the newer computers have finally caught up to TS3's requirements. There is a resurgence of renewed interest in TS3 which has become profitable for EA. This is why the general attitude toward it in the official Sims forums has changed and Sims Gurus are actually encouraging people to buy and play it.

I only have a mid-range Dell all-in-one from 2014 and TS3 runs great on it (even with the Island Paradise EP which is my absolute favorite!). I do optimize the computer though, but it's not just for TS3.

So far TS4 hasn't given me any reason to buy it, but I'm waiting for TS5. Hopefully it will be a combination of TS2 (mechanics and detailed animations) and TS3 (open world, CASt, unpredictable events, everything is textured unlike TS4).
Lab Assistant
#436 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:04 PM
Sims 1: I only tried base game. It was a bit boring after a while and I couldn't figure out many things. Things happened slowly, or I don't know. There are too few objects.

Sims 2: Since I played it since I was 6 (2005-2006), this is the most played game in my lifetime. I did many random things with it, I would play it most of the time if I was on the computer when I was a kid. Overall, it is a nice game. Nostalgy and what not...therefore it is the original for me. It has its own things which makes it unique. I can't emphasize what, it just has an unique atmosphere. Also I think it is the best for "legacies" and "world building". It is the game which has funny stuff and I can make random glitchy stuff and there is a wide range of cheats. But without CC it is not good for me. Because most of the clothes do not suit my preferred style. xD Like most of the pants have sandals, which I don't really like. And it needs more long and thicker hair, and bangs. Furniture are the most okay. So I use CC, but not too many, that makes the game slow.

Same with Sims 3: it has an unique atmosphere. It is also very enjoyable! I can never be bored in Sims 3. It is laggy sometimes, but still enjoyable. Usually I played with story progression and aging off. Usually I had just one active family PER SAVE, or maximum 4. I mean I didn't switch really back and forth between families, I kept playing with one, or as I said, maximum 4. Or I did make more, dropped them somewhere, but I did not really care about what they do, they were for "making the town colorful", because they were "themed families". Open world, create a style, moodlets are what makes it unique. And for me World Adventures was special, I spent most of the time exploring tombs...Gardening, doing random things with my sims and collecting gems. Wandering around town and encontering different stuffs are nice. If it does get boring, I spice up things a bit, like I invite some of my sim's friends for an outing and hosting parties.

Sims 4: I have no idea about Vampires pack and everything after that. It also has its own uniqueness, but is is also boring after a while, like Sims 1. The CAS is very good (especially the many jewelry and I can put hats on any hair), but I also miss create a style and sliders and better hairs (it"s just "clay hair" xD). I also think it is a step back from Sims 3, but it also has its own goodness. However what I dislike the most is that when I speed up things, it does not really speeds up anything, because they just stand aimlessly, even though they are supposed to be completing many tasks, but they just wait for the nothing between each interaction. And I can't customize the neighborhood. But it is good that even without CC it is highly customizable, because I can give them anything from any outfit category.

Sims 2 and Sims 3 (I can't decide) > Sims Stories > Sims 4 > Sims 1.
Field Researcher
#437 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 9:51 PM Last edited by Liza : 29th Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM.
Looking for the answer to the question: Why Sims 4 is similar to Sims 2, I found this here :

Yes, this game is very similar (sarcasm). Abstracting from the knowledge about these games, you can confuse which one came out in 2004 and which one in 2014.
#438 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 4:01 PM

The History Of The Sims

Sims 1 vs Sims 2 vs Sims 3 vs Sims 4

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#439 Old 7th Aug 2018 at 6:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
Looking for the answer to the question: Why Sims 4 is similar to Sims 2, I found this here :

Yes, this game is very similar (sarcasm). Abstracting from the knowledge about these games, you can confuse which one came out in 2004 and which one in 2014.

You know you had done something wrong if the textures from a game from 10 years ago from the time Sims 4 came out somehow looks way more detailed and realistic then a game from 2014.
Lab Assistant
#440 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 5:41 PM
I think they focused on something else while making Sims 4, because they wanted the brand new new features. But everyone knows that. Why am I making a comment, then? xD

I'd also like to say that I find super objects and furniture in all games. What do you think about the furnitures, I mean... not the texture detail, but the overall design and style.

Sims 1: I don't know.

Sims 2: I like many things. Compared to other games, I think, this has the best floor designs. And the furnitures! Like the furniture collections. I know that the country stuff from Seasons made it into the Sims 3 base game. I also like the beddings. Well, the whole furniture stuff are nostalgic.

Sims 3: Create-a-style spiced up everything! The combinations are endless. I think compared to Sims 2, there are less wallpapers, but the create-a-style compensated that. My favourite furnitures are from the Supernatural. There are nice stuff in the base game, but not so great. But with create-a-style, it is very cool.

Sims 4: There are nice furnitures too. But the color combinations are not always good. Like there are nice victorian chairs, but most of the light pillowed chairs have a dark wood frame. That is not aesthetically pleasing for me. xD :/ But overall, I like the beddings and the shape of some furniture, like these victorian ones, even if their color combinations are not always good. There are nice wallpapers, too, but sometimes they are just not enough. :/ The floral wallpapers are nice. The others are just meh.

For fun I made a house from Sims 2 in Sims 3.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#441 Old 8th Aug 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidconqueror
You know you had done something wrong if the textures from a game from 10 years ago from the time Sims 4 came out somehow looks way more detailed and realistic then a game from 2014.

This was done for the graphic style of the game and for it to work on the weakest computers. But I think Sims 2 graphics were made to surprise people with the detail of what surrounds the Sims. Although I was really curious why the game looks like this.
Test Subject
#442 Old Yesterday at 8:01 AM Last edited by Elara : Yesterday at 11:59 AM.
No opinion on TS1 since I haven't played it in a decade.

TS2 was great, I can't go into depth but it was definitely the shining point for the series. It always took up most of my time on the computer and it was time well spent.

Ambivalent on TS3, the Open World feature is the only thing I genuinely disliked because it could strain your computer (especially when you couldn't afford a high-end PC), lag your game, crash your game and give you an error when saving so that's your play time and work all down the drain, I didn't like the Sims Store either, most of the stuff on there was expensive and should've been in the expansions/stuff packs. Upside, I loved the Story Progression (when modded by Nraas) and TS3 Supernatural was, in my opinion, the best iteration for a Supernatural expac. The game had a lot, but a lot was overpriced.

I'm also ambivalent with TS4, I like it better than 3 because there's no godawful Open World and I like the art style better in 4 but one thing is that it's not "finished" yet in terms of content that TS2 and TS3 had. The game packs were also a greedy decision. A lot of the content for game packs should've be in the expacs.
Instructor
#443 Old Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
This was done for the graphic style of the game and for it to work on the weakest computers. But I think Sims 2 graphics were made to surprise people with the detail of what surrounds the Sims. Although I was really curious why the game looks like this.

I could understand that but I like the Sims 2 graphics way better even though it's old. I'm just not a big fan of the way Sims 4 looks and I prefer Sims 2 over 3 in so many ways than one. I know that it's a stylistic choice that's done to work better on weaker lower end computers but how in the world does a game from 2004 possibly blow a game from 2014 from out of the water?
Page 18 of 18