Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 558 (Who?), Viewed: 39769 times.
Page 23 of 23
Forum Resident
#551 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:06 PM
Is that the thing you mentioned in the other thread? Where you look through the telescope during daylight hours and he comes around shoving the Sim who did it?

That's just something that's in the game, when a Sim uses the telescope during daylight hours they are spying on their neighbours and the game spawns a character to come around, be alarmed and slap the voyeur.
It doesn't have anything to do with the Sim's character, the game just chooses the living Sim in the neighborhood with the lowest instance number (in Pleasantview, for example that's Mortimer Goth)

Regretfully I'm not good with translating eccentric game behaviour into storylines, so the only advice I can give is that you should stop your Sims from looking through the telescope during the day.

Of to get the "No shoving from looking through telescope" mod here: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=13.0
Test Subject
#552 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:11 PM
Yep that's it! I have the fix downloaded so my sims can still look through the telescope. I'll still have to deal with the sims hating each other now but it should be fine.
Forum Resident
#553 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterRed
Yep that's it! I have the fix downloaded so my sims can still look through the telescope. I'll still have to deal with the sims hating each other now but it should be fine.

They could like have a make-up brunch or something together. Just have your Sims use appricitate-> apologize a lot, and perhaps have the other Sim study anger management if you have Apartment Life, if you say that he's usually nice, finding non-violent ways to deal with his pent-up frustration might be in character for him.
Theorist
#554 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 10:50 PM
Make sure you have a mod that fixes the broken apology code (I use syberspunk's apologizefix, but I think there are one or two others out there).
Alchemist
#555 Old 11th Feb 2018 at 11:24 PM
He's super-shy, so his desire for privacy is over-riding his niceness. So his intended partner saw him through the telescope and thinks he's super-interesting, and wants to get to know him better, but due to poor choices, now has a long road to hoe to get to a romance. Oh, well, if they're neither one mean enough to cheat at chess, they can bond over the chess board (and not spy through the telescope while they're at it)!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Scholar
#556 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 1:21 AM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 12th Feb 2018 at 1:40 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Yeup! They're all friends, at around 50-50 with each other except Rebel and Polly, who are best friends at 95-95.

Their aspirations are:
Manny, you're correct with Knowledge.
Brody and Rebel are both Pleasure aspirations.

@didyouevenmakeasound
I love to have Poly Amourous group marriages and I have a couple of them in my game.

I think the first thing to do if you don't already have something to change the default jealousy code in the game would be get something that will make polyamourous relationships easy like LizzLove's no-jealousy-at-all mod

There is a Buyable ReNuYu Porta-Chug from BastDawn that can greatly help.

Also I find it handy to use LizzLove's Gender Preference Adjuster to make adjustements to the gender preferences of my Sims.

I also use Vincent's Sim Modder that you can Spawn and there is a Buyable Version by Numenor . I use this to change Aspirations.

OK the first thing I would do is tweak the turn ons on each Sim so as to get the best match that you can. Then get the 50/50 relationships to something like 75/75 or better. Have them work on Charisma, Creativity and Logic or whatever that will help with the turn ons. Me I also will sometimes change aspirations to get a better match as well, so maybe you could experiment.

I always try to end up with 3 Bolt relationships, but a 2 bolt relationship would suffice I think.

Do you want to have the two boys in a romantic relationship or just BFF? You could also make them Family with The Sim Blender or The Sim Manipulator, then they will share easier, heh.

Try and see what you can come up with.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#557 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 4:00 AM
I've got a question: What to do with too many Tricous?

I resurrected the entire clan, and aged the elder couple to mere adult, but the family dynamics are pretty intense to work with. I'm about to consign the 6 adults to the downtown, where I can safely ignore them. The teens are the ones I'm bringing in.

What would you do with the adult Tricous? Does anyone view them as being boring and obnoxious as I do?
Perhaps I should install them into the House of the Fallen trees and leave them all there without any major improvements in it. I'm just plain evil. Bad me...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Alchemist
#558 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 7:18 AM
Vamp 'em, FranH, and then leave them in the House as pseudo-townies. Vamps don't need to age, and they can quarrel and cheat on each other in the background for eternity.

At least they'll have a couple coffins to fight over, and as vampires, it doesn't matter if they kick around forever.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#559 Old 21st Feb 2018 at 2:05 PM
Oh, I downtowniefied them, and threw them all off the lot. The 2 teens are now rich and free to do as they like. The first thing they did was move to their own place. I think they're relieved not to have to deal with their extremely dysfunctional family. Because they don't like them. I don't blame the kids at all.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Page 23 of 23