Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 12:38 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 30th Sep 2016 at 1:07 PM.
Cloning Stadium Sign in TSRW?
Is anyone able to clone the basegame stadium sign (Athletic Announcement Sign) in TSRW and have it show up in CAW/In-Game? When I try to do it, it throws me an error, and when I try to clone it in s3oc, it won't show up in-game.

I want to reuse the scrolling sign for something else.

It should be found under 'Object by Buildtype' > 'Misc Objects (unlabeled)', though it might also be found in other spots.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 6:27 PM
TSRW doesn't give me an error when trying to clone it. the sign was hard to clone for me with S3OC though. Anyway, the scrolling could either be scripted or is an actual UV Scroll Speed property in the material. When the Y value is 0.2 it will start scrolling. There are rare occasions it's controlled with a script, but I don't think this one is. I used this method when making my light switching animated rubix cube lamp. So you don't necessarily need to clone the sign to make something scroll ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 8:49 PM
@Greenplumbbob - Cool, does the cloned object appear in game/CAW? Could you also send me the TSRW file?

Still couldn't get it to work, TSRW gives me the OBJ not found error
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 10:36 PM
TSRW tend to do that if there is some data within the OBJD file that it doesn't recognise. For some reason, I had that a lot with these floor windows that comes with Into the future. But sure! I'll see if I can somehow give a working, and not TSRW-breaking file tomorrow.

Thing you could try, is exporting the MLOD files and the textures and reimport those. Also, do copy the script line within the OBJD file. Because that one could be pretty important for it to work. ^-^ Then just clone another object and reimport the mesh and textures and see if that works.
I would take a screenshot of the material tab of the group that is scrolling so you can give it the correct values if needed.
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 1st Oct 2016 at 7:20 PM
Somehow I got to export it, but it seems that TSRW doesn't recognise it's OBJD data. So, I looked a bit deeper and see what kind of effect you were looking for, and I realised my Mortimer and Bella snowglobe has that same effect, just not with the dots (just the scrolling). So, you could clone that one: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...ons-this-entire
Here is a preview of the effect: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...ould-i-leave-it

Got to warn you, it has quite a lot of groups, but you can just delete those if you like. As long as the sphere withing (not the outside of the sphere) is the one you use for the scrolling effect. Changing the direction of the UV map will make the effect change direction. In fact that was my first issue while working on it...:http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...he-direction-of

Or I could create an object for you that has the same effect ^-^
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 2:09 AM
Thanks for the links!

The main reason I was asking was because I wanted to do something that could resemble car traffic from far away. It'll probably be a flat plane with a transparency overlaid on top- on an aside- do you know if it can glow at night like the stadium sign?

If you could make a really simple object that's basically a plane with the scrolling fx that can also glow at night (like the stadium sign), it would be really appreciated!

Also got to figure out how to get some close-up moving cars sfx 'cause I already used the effect that came with World Adventures for a subway train.