Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 4:50 PM
Square terrain sculpting?
How can I make square shaped islands, like Bridgeport's downtown, Oasis Landing's Downtown etc.?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 10:24 PM
The best way is to use fencing/edging of some sort. Or just sculpt that way or use a height map. My Xterra I did is made of square islands. I created a height map before I did it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
The best way is to use fencing/edging of some sort. Or just sculpt that way or use a height map. My Xterra I did is made of square islands. I created a height map before I did it.

Okay, I will try that out. Thanks for your answer
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 12:54 PM
You can also use the masking feature to mask of certain areas, then when you terrain sculpt those areas will be unaffected. That can give you a sharp, straight edge to an island or feature.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You can also use the masking feature to mask of certain areas, then when you terrain sculpt those areas will be unaffected. That can give you a sharp, straight edge to an island or feature.

Oooh! Thank you for this hint.