Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:01 PM
Default Hiding boots under pants?
I'm just wondering if there is a known trick to hide thicker ankle boots under pants, or if you are just stuck having the lower part of pants bleeding through.
Some EA boots seem to hide well under pants that aren't that loose, so maybe there is a way?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 8:21 PM
The region map determines the removal of parts to hide parts of clothing that shouldn't show when worn with other clothing. EA pants and boots are divided into parts with separate meshes, and each mesh part is assigned a region. In CAS Tools you can see and modify the regions with the Mesh Region Manager tab.

Boots and long pants usually include a Base region (Layer 0, always shown) and Ankle, Calf, and Knee regions. (There are many more regions for other types of clothing, hair, and accessories.) When both pants and boots are worn, the part with the lower layer number is removed. I think any lower parts are also removed regardless of layer number - for example if the knee part is removed the calf and ankle are also removed so the knee layer number is the only one used - but I haven't done a lot of experimentation with this.

Baggy pants seem to use layer 600, regular ones use 400, while skintight ones use 200. Tight boots use 300 while bulky boots use 500.

In the preview in CAS Tools you can check/uncheck the various regions to show or hide mesh parts so you can see which mesh part is which region.

Hope this helps!
Screenshots

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4