Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 12:38 PM
Default Hair mesh edit and recolour not showing up correctly in live mode.
Hi, I've recently got into making cc for the sims 4, and just yesterday I tried to edit a hair mesh, I took the fringe (bangs) off of a hair from the Vampires pack, and put it onto a cc ponytail. It looks fine in blender, the sims 4 studio, and cas, but when I went in live mode, it was a pale cream colour the headband as well. Also, I noticed when I zoomed out, the fringe I had put on the ponytail disappears, and when I zoom back in, it reappears. Please help me figure this out! It's baffling me!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 1:40 PM
When you made the texture, did you save it with the option to create mipmaps? No mipmaps can result in the skintone showing on the hair/clothing. As for the zooming, sounds like you didn't add the bangs to the lower lods (lod1, lod2, lod3).

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 6:41 PM Last edited by CraziLexa : 22nd Feb 2017 at 7:05 PM.
Thanks for your help! I saved the texture with the create mipmaps and it fixed the cream coloured hair, but I don't quite understand saving the fringe (bangs) to the lower LODS. Do I have to export the mesh in LOD 3/2/1 and edit it? EDIT: Never mind, I worked out what you meant. Thank you for all your help!