Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 7:04 PM
Default Does this bone assignment looks good?
I am making overalls, and I hate painting on skin..I'm wondering what you guys think about the straps assignment?
Do they look ok...I'll see when I test ingame, but just as an idea for now.
The top body is a toddler one, i didn't touch bones, but it guided me to assign my straps vertices.
Thanks.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 8:08 PM
It's almost impossible to tell what that's going to look like when it animates in the game. Basically, if you don't want mesh bits poking through other bits, you'll need the bone assignments on the straps to be exactly the same as the ones on the shoulders underneath. That can be difficult to do when you're dealing with different numbers of vertices, or if the vertices aren't lined up exactly.

I've never had much luck with adding separate pieces like this, unless I cloned them from the existing mesh and moved them slightly (but then the bone assignments wouldn't need to be changed, anyway). I did it once to make a collar on a child's coat, and it's probably my least favourite mesh; I wasn't very happy with the results.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2017 at 8:59 PM
Exactly..my plane has more vertices than the body top..so I did what I thought was my best. Beautiful coat by the way! Everything you do looks great
And you JUST gave me an idea..yes, you did!...There is one toddler mesh that is an overall, with what seem to be 3D straps..though unlike mine, they are stuck on the body. I'll extract this and compare with my own assignment.
Thank you very much for your input!

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 12:11 AM
Well, I'll say it again, thank you. I grabbed the straps from that base game ugly overalls and saved it as a mesh alone. (deleting everything else.
Now at least, I know the assignment is right.
Look at THAT! lol. Much better (I hope) and, i even get thickness...yum.
Oh and yeah..I then cropped and keep just what I needed of the top toddler mesh..so pics will differ. Though only the straps are new
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2017 at 9:13 PM
Looking good so far! (LOL at your censorship blobs.)