Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:10 AM
Females not fully nude when bathing/skinny dipping/etc.
Hi there. Soo, I download custom content quite frequently. Recently, I added a few tops to my game for my females. Well, one of the tank tops that I had added was worn when my gal sim went to go skinny dipping. I exited my game and removed the top. I made her go back in and try skinny dipping again, but she wasn't fully nude -- she was wearing the maxis default bra as a top (and nothing on the bottom). I tried looking around for some type of solution to this; one thread said to use the Sims 4 Studio to remove any CC that does this as well, and I tried that... but, it did nothing. It's a maxis item, so I am a little stumped on what to do. Help me out? Much appreciated <3
(P.S. I had a nude mod in my game when I first noticed this. I took it out before doing the S4S scan. It has stayed out ever since.)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:28 AM
Could be broken CC. I would try removing all of your CC/mods and starting a new save to test if the problem persists. If removing all cc/mods solves the issue then it's just a matter of figuring out which package is causing the problem.

Long ago I swore to "beat the bugs" and setup my mods folder so that different mods + cc have their own specific subfolder(s). It makes the process of searching out problematic mods somewhat easier, but I don't have too terribly many to sift through. As is, I have a ton of broken clothes that I can't work up the strength to find and remove from my 'clothing' subfolder.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
Could be broken CC. I would try removing all of your CC/mods and starting a new save to test if the problem persists. If removing all cc/mods solves the issue then it's just a matter of figuring out which package is causing the problem.

Long ago I swore to "beat the bugs" and setup my mods folder so that different mods + cc have their own specific subfolder(s). It makes the process of searching out problematic mods somewhat easier, but I don't have too terribly many to sift through. As is, I have a ton of broken clothes that I can't work up the strength to find and remove from my 'clothing' subfolder.

Hi there! Thank you so much for responding!!! Before I begin, might I mention that I have organized my cc into subfolders as well. I took your advice; I removed all of my cc, put it into a temporary folder, started a new game, had my gal sim skinny dip and, lo and behold, the problem was gone. Do you have any advice when it comes to finding the source of the problem? (It is a maxis item, after all...)
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:55 AM
Mine do this in the shower and the only way I've found around it short of going through everything is dl'ding a nude top and bottom, setting it as sleep wear, and copy/pasting it before they go into the shower, using MC Master Commander. It is tedious though..
Field Researcher
#5 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InfectedWithGeekism
Hi there! Thank you so much for responding!!! Before I begin, might I mention that I have organized my cc into subfolders as well. I took your advice; I removed all of my cc, put it into a temporary folder, started a new game, had my gal sim skinny dip and, lo and behold, the problem was gone. Do you have any advice when it comes to finding the source of the problem? (It is a maxis item, after all...)

The best thing is put your cc back in half at a time until the problem comes back. It's about the only way to find the bad cc.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by InfectedWithGeekism

It's probably not the Maxis top.

I take the entire mods folder and move it to the desktop. Slowly I add back the different subfolders & launch the game to see if the issue comes back. Once I locate the folder that caused the issue to come back, I repeat the process but this time I use the package files inside that folder. It's time consuming, but ultimately the only way I'm aware to locate broken CC.

Hope this helps
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:45 PM
Sims 4 Studio have a batch fix for that, it does messes with default nude replacers for the obvious reason.

I suspect the problem lies with older CC, I havent seen the issue appear with newer ones from 2016.
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:57 PM
I've seen reports of this issue by people that doesn't use cc, so I think it's might be a glitch - sometimes it's cc related but not always.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 10:26 PM
It's probably not the Maxis top.

I take the entire mods folder and move it to the desktop. Slowly I add back the different subfolders & launch the game to see if the issue comes back. Once I locate the folder that caused the issue to come back, I repeat the process but this time I use the package files inside that folder. It's time consuming, but ultimately the only way I'm aware to locate broken CC.

Hope this helps

Thank you so much! I was going to do this as a last resort as I've had to do it once before... (lazy me lol). Thank you for your help <3
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 1:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Sims 4 Studio have a batch fix for that, it does messes with default nude replacers for the obvious reason.

I suspect the problem lies with older CC, I havent seen the issue appear with newer ones from 2016.

Sims4 Studio's batch fix didn't fix my broken CC unfortunately. It's primarily Maxis recolors that are affected.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 3:37 AM
Sims4 Studio's batch fix didn't fix my broken CC unfortunately. It's primarily Maxis recolors that are affected.

Same for me.
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 2:46 AM
Sims with those nude outfits are stuck with them no matter what, to fix those sims you need to use this:

http://modthesims.info/d/568792

Fixing the CC is only half of the problem, Sims when they wear a CC outfit as nude will not default back because of how the game handles missing content files so you have to reset the nude outfit, I should had mentioned that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Drakron
Sims with those nude outfits are stuck with them no matter what, to fix those sims you need to use this:

http://modthesims.info/d/568792

Fixing the CC is only half of the problem, Sims when they wear a CC outfit as nude will not default back because of how the game handles missing content files so you have to reset the nude outfit, I should had mentioned that.

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I will surely be using this. Thank you!!! <3