Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 1:17 PM
Default Just to make sure re packaged lots and references
I have been packaging versions of my contest lots to use later. I put too much darn work into them to toss them! I am 99.999% sure they are clean ... no Sim references. I package versions of my lots after each major change, just in case I mess up something and have to go back to a previous copy. I've been doing this for years now, and the steps are ingrained in me. However, I've been staying up way too late to make these things, and there is the tiniest sliver of a chance that I made a mistake. I really, really don't believe I did, but it's better to take any extra precautions.

My plan is to make a new hood in my contest game folder when this is all over, and plot down all the contest lots. Look at the lots themselves and make sure I don't see any mementoes of a previous Sim. Check for Sim references in Sim PE. Then use the Chris Hatch Lot Cleaner on it as a final check/clean before I put the lots in my good game. Is there anything else I would need to do?

I would really, really like to keep my current custom hood for more than two years this time, thanks!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 1:23 PM
Were these lots already lived in? Or were they first packaged empty of sims?
Because if sims never lived in, they are safe without you having to double and triple check.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 1:29 PM
I am almost completely, totally positive I packaged fresh lots. As tired as I've been lately , I take the time to make sure I don't do anything stupid when I do this. I would actually think that Sim PE would be the best place to check to make absolutely sure I didn't mess up. You would see odd references there.

But to tell you the truth, I've been really tired and distracted lately; more from real life than the contest. I've been double-checking EVERYTHING lately.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 1:44 PM
Just make sure you have a backup of your good hood then I think you seem to have done more than enough.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 2:06 PM
All lots have sim references, even blank unplayed lots. The difference is if sims were moved in adding extra ones. So looking in SimPE you will see references whether or not you moved sims in, whether or not you just cleaned it. If you think the lot may have been occupied clean it. I plan to make a tutorial on this after the contest. You know you cleaned it if, when you go to place it down from the bin, it's some ridiculous low price. This fixes itself immediately on placing, so don't forget to look before placing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:06 PM
I now use Chris Hatch's Lot Cleaner on all packaged lots (after I unpackage them of course!) before playing them or uploading them. It's so quick and easy that I do it anyway, even when I'm sure the lot is clean. If I understand Chris correctly, it's all you need, even if the lot has previously been lived in. It stops the dreaded super-debug-hug being passed on too.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 7:20 PM
If you do clean a lot that has been lived in and want to upload here, you should say you have done this on the download page. Some downloaders don't want to download lots even when they've been cleaned. In a similar way, if it's never been lived in, say so because that is the sort of information said downloaders look for.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 11:40 PM
@AndrewGloria Can you tell me the exact file name of CH's cleaner. I think I downloaded it but not sure where it has gone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:28 AM
Jo, the one I have is CJH_LotCleaner-PreSsn.package, but that's the pre-Seasons version, which is right for me. I'm sure the post-Seasons version has a similar name. Chris has a thread about it on BAS, and I think that's the best place to get the most up-to-date version.

The worst thing about the Lot Cleaner is that it appears to do nothing. Just selecting it in Buy Mode is supposed to make it work, but you don't see anything happening. It does however write what it has done to one or more of the game's logs, and Chris describes in BAS how to find this information. I can give you a link to the BAS thread if you like.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#10 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:31 AM
Oh..so this is the volleyball Wilson face thing?

Mad Poster
#11 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:46 AM
This is what it looks like, at least the pre-Seasons version.

It costs §400 under Miscellaneous / Miscellaneous. Don't buy it and leave it on the lot -- you're only meant to select it. I usually wave it around like you do with Pescado's magic wand.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#12 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 12:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
It costs §400 under Miscellaneous / Miscellaneous. Don't buy it and leave it on the lot -- you're only meant to select it. I usually wave it around like you do with Pescado's magic wand.

Yeah you don't have to wave that about either, just grab it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#13 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Oh..so this is the volleyball Wilson face thing?

That is Cyjon's Lot Inspector AKA Professor von Ball
Mad Poster
#14 Old 27th Apr 2017 at 3:16 PM
Oh! Ok..so it does not clean anything, but rather, it tells you if it needs cleaning..lol.
Works the same, you just have to select it in buy mode..this is what confused me.
But it only tell you if the lot is safe to delete..so I guess, if it is safe to delete, it is also clean...or not.
I do not have an account at...BAS, or if I have, I can't remember my infos. So I could not see the donwload.