Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:15 PM
Default Rapid Relationship Decay
I have a sim that just recently started seeing many of his friends and best friends start falling out of friendship en masse. He had about 15 or 16 friends, and he builds friendships primarily over the phone. I will usually have him contact friends as they approach 50 (when the game sends me the "I haven't heard from you in a while. Are we still friends?" message. This has been working fine; however, recently (as in like the last two or three sim days), he has been having a slew of messages around 4 PM telling him that his friends are missing him, another larger slew of messages a little before 5 PM saying his friends (often the same ones from the 4 PM notification) are missing him, and then just after 5 PM, a few more messages will pop up saying that we are no longer friends. I monitored the daily relationship score with some of these individuals and I noticed the decay can be anywhere from 4 - 6 points in one day. I am hearing it is supposed to be around 2.

I haven't heard much about this type of issue / error. I am not sure it is even is an error. He is a fairly outgoing sim, and the game play may have occurred during a Summer; I have heard that these can influence the building and maintaining of relationships.

I have all of the EPs and SPs through Seasons. I play on a Mac and have the Super Collection from Aspyr. I have heard some people recommend SimPE. I cannot use this as it is not compatible on IOS devices. Any advice is appreciated.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 8:25 PM
I’m not sure what is the proper relationship decay in the vanilla game as I don’t pay much attention to it, but what I can advise is to talk with them until the bar is at 70-80 – then there will be lots of time before you need to worry about losing friends. If the bar is just slightly above 50 they’ll stop being friends rather quickly unless you talk with them again. I also have mods to stop all those annoying messages, I only get a pop-up when sims stop being best friends because of decay and that’s all.

Also I think this thread would fit better into the help section, not the general chat

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Alchemist
#3 Old 29th Apr 2017 at 11:46 PM
in shipped version, Daily should approach 0 by 2 points at 4pm. and Lifetime should approach Daily by 3 points at intervals of 8 hours; or if the difference is less, Lifetime should change by that amount.
though I read from Pets Prima Guide that pets can be different; dog's Daily with Master approaching 25, cat's Daily with Mine relationships approaching 15.

like another poster told, this kind of thread might be better in the Help section. though probably wait for a moderator to move it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 12:31 AM
I was not sure it even was a bug or error necessarily. I wanted to know if anyone else had seen this before. I saw one person discuss this issue from a post in 2005 and it was posted in a Game Play forum, so I didn't know if it the forum location mattered. Is there a way to move this post to the Help section or does a moderator have to do that?
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 1:26 AM
only forum moderators can do actual moving of threads. all we can do is post new threads and/or delete our own posts/treads.