Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on Yesterday at 7:25 PM
Replies: 183 (Who?), Viewed: 13031 times.
Page 8 of 8
Theorist
#176 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guzma
Concept: we have the option to write our own songs with titles and themes, kind of like Sims 2's wonderful book writing or just like writing a book in Sims 4. Kind of like Showtime, except more customizable and much more fun, imo.

Except songwriting is already a thing. .-.
Scholar
#177 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:51 AM
If a sim has a beard, and I want to remove it, I can just click on the sink and he'll perform a simplified shaving routine. You know, sims style. (lather face, shave,) and to add further to that, he could even teach his teenage son as that is a thing dads often do.

Visit my sims 4 blog to see updates on my favorite sims: https://mysimcreationsblog.wordpress.com/ Visit my gallery for my latest houses: Spidergirl79 I love TS4 but I am not afraid to be critical of the way the game has been released/developed ect.
Theorist
#178 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 1:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
If a sim has a beard, and I want to remove it, I can just click on the sink and he'll perform a simplified shaving routine. You know, sims style. (lather face, shave,) and to add further to that, he could even teach his teenage son as that is a thing dads often do.

with a potential negative moodlet for accidentally cutting yourself >:
Test Subject
#179 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 8:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
IDK about making it harder to get jobs, I'd be happy if they just lowered the fucking salaries. It's ridiculous and obnoxious to go from $8 to $44k in three weeks :\

and for the love of god can we please have these things scale with lifespan? I play on long lifespan and my YA sims have reached level 10 in almost every skill in the game :\


OMG I just made a post begging someone making a mod that would lessen how much you make at work and how much you make for selling items and/or begging by certain percentage. Like cut it by 70%for hard, 40 for medium or 10 for normal.

Yes, I know I can set my money to zero and pay more bills etc, but I can also grow blackberries that once they are evolved a bit will make me thousands and thousands of simoleons. I always start my sims with no money, no home...nothing. In 5 days they are set up, without a job. I want to play seamlessly, not have to set my money and/or make up bills to keep my money reasonable.

I have zero clue how to do script mods or I would be working on it. IF someone would point me in teh right direction id give it hell. I would seriously throw money at someone if they could do this.
Test Subject
#180 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 8:35 AM
First off, wow the negativity. I have never seen a group so negative about a game that they still spend so much time playing. If they gave you everything and did it for free, somehow you guys would still find something to complain about.
This post asked about what things you would like to see that we haven't had before....not what you think they should fix or what they did wrong.

I'd love to see a sewing profession or hobby. Clothes/shoes/accessories you can only get if you sew/knit/crochet?! You're pregnant so you can make a baby blanket or a new house and you can make curtains. There would be no other way to get these items unless you made them.

I really loved the decorator, beautician jobs that we had in Sims 3. It gave you a chance to decorate rooms or restyle sims and make money doing it. Id love something like that for pets. Im a pet groomer IRL, so a grooming profession would be great!
Instructor
#181 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
with a potential negative moodlet for accidentally cutting yourself >:

Yes, I love the shaving idea and having the father being able to teach his son. They could have a negative moodlet for a poor shave too, "Missed a bit!" and a positive one for "feeling fresh" or something similar.
Theorist
#182 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selarono
First off, wow the negativity. I have never seen a group so negative about a game that they still spend so much time playing. If they gave you everything and did it for free, somehow you guys would still find something to complain about.

So let me get this straight. You complained about the fact that money should scale with lifespan and how you have so much trouble staying poor. That things seem to be unbalanced and it's difficult for you to play a seamless game with the current mechanics... Then double posted in order to complain about people doing the exact same thing you just finished doing?
Instructor
#183 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:19 PM
A tangent from the shaving idea - I'd really love to see Sims hair growing over time. It doesn't need to be a complex or realistic system, perhaps each mesh can have 3 different states - short, medium, and long - which get triggered and replaced by the subsequent state over time? You could return to the previous mesh by cutting your Sims hair at the mirror or by visiting a salon. Or, you can ignore it, and it wouldn't get longer than the "long" state.

It seems like a very cosmetic update, but I think it opens up some realistic gameplay opportunities, like having a functional salon beyond simply changing hair styles/colour.
Theorist
#184 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 3:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andru
A tangent from the shaving idea - I'd really love to see Sims hair growing over time. It doesn't need to be a complex or realistic system, perhaps each mesh can have 3 different states - short, medium, and long - which get triggered and replaced by the subsequent state over time? You could return to the previous mesh by cutting your Sims hair at the mirror or by visiting a salon. Or, you can ignore it, and it wouldn't get longer than the "long" state.

It seems like a very cosmetic update, but I think it opens up some realistic gameplay opportunities, like having a functional salon beyond simply changing hair styles/colour.

I am oddly in love with this idea...

Modders, get on in *snaps fingers*
Page 8 of 8
Back to top