Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 8:55 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Please help me!
Hello everybody. I am PRAYING that somebody, somewhere, can please help me. Five years ago, my laptop suddenly died while playing my sims 2. I managed to get a backup of files, but they're completely screwed up and corrupted. All of my lots and families are just missing. I've been playing this family for EIGHT years, and finally finished my family home after FIVE. I also had four vacation homes that I worked on for years. When I go in SimPE my sims are there, just with no character data or playable. Something very bad happened and I don't know what to do. I am a skilled sims 2 player, but what do I do about the lots? There HAS to be a way. This has been almost a decade of work and I just won't play anymore if I lost my family and lots, it's just too tragic. There has to be something that can be done if I still have all the lot and character files. Please somebody help me, I feel like I'm losing the sims 2 all over again. I'm holding out hope something can be done or I just can't play it anymore, I just can't. Please somebody help me get my characters and lots back. 😰😭😫
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:15 AM
So no backup at all? I think the best you can do at this point is run Hood Checker and see if it can fix enough to salvage some things. If your sims have no character data I wouldn't hold much hope on getting them back though.

This is posted to chat, moving to help.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:16 AM
If you have their character thumbnails in SimPE, you can clone them and recreate them from memory.

We're sorry for your loss.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)