Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 3:00 PM
- The cuddling a couple Sim would do while sharing the bed in the morning, before getting up, when you haven't given them any tasks to do.
- The making out and goose animation/interaction.
- Fears or 'Penalties', if you don't fulfill a certain wish soon enough.
- Difference between Sleepwear and Underwear.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamegenius
What I simply meant is that the children in Sims 3 were just average to me.They lack the emotion that the Sims 2 children expressed and they have so potential to be more fleshed out characters and it's a shame that the child stage is just an average experience in the game because in my opinion childhood is supposed to be one the funnest years of your life irl at least. .

I know what you meant. I responded because I disagreed and shared why I feel kids are not bland at all to me. I have a lot of kids in my game and I'm never bored with them though I wish they had less restrictions such as riding horses, playing musical instruments, using the fire pit, carrying their younger siblings around, using the stove with supervision, helping out more around the house like cleaning the toilet/sink/etc , child acrobats/magicians/singers/musicians, child actors, child geniuses who could graduate at a young age and go to University even if an online school, home schooling, childhood boyfriend/girlfriend (Similar to Alfalfa and Darla, Arnold and Helga, etc.), children included in groups and so on.

For someone who has all EP's, SP's and Store Content, there is a lot kids can do and I don't feel that they lack emotion. Just like in real life I notice Sim kids are quite intelligent and quick to pick up cues of things going on around them. Some of them are honest to the point of being unaware of what they said was inappropriate. Because kids do sometimes speak their minds. Like one time, I was watching over someone's kid and he just blurted out to a woman, "Geez lady, you are so fat!" Well, that took me by surprise. I proceeded to pretend I ddn't know that kid...no I'm kidding but I told him that wasn't nice to say. Which he responded, "But it's true." Well, I can't argue with that logic except but that's something you think to yourself, not say out loud. But he was annoyed because he said excuse me and she wouldn't move and she bumped into him so he got mad. Yeah, some children usually do have issues controlling their temper/emotions.

Anyway, I wish there was more for kids but what is available in the game is not severely lacking in any way to me. I'm actually excited for my Sims to go to University and graduate and get back to their kids so I can plan all kinds of cute family outings so they can continue to bond.

Here are some examples from my game to show how emotional and in-depth kids can get.
Site Helper
#28 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
For someone who has all EP's, SP's and Store Content, there is a lot kids can do and I don't feel that they lack emotion. Just like in real life I notice Sim kids are quite intelligent and quick to pick up cues of things going on around them.

Also, playing with high free-will is the most immersive Sims experience with the chance to see the AI in action the most.
[/spoiler]

Yes, Free will on High is a must! But someone who only has the base game and 5 EPs, plus Town Life Stuff, the no-stretch Children can... mod set feels as though it has almost doubled what the sim kids can do. (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=579548 if you haven't found it yet.)

But toddlers and children do feel more limited to me than they did in Sims 2. OFC I had most of the Sims 2 EPs, so we're comparing a virtually complete game to a game that is only half there.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 3:17 AM
I know what you meant. I responded because I disagreed and shared why I feel kids are not bland at all to me. I have a lot of kids in my game and I'm never bored with them though I wish they had less restrictions such as riding horses, playing musical instruments, using the fire pit, carrying their younger siblings around, using the stove with supervision, helping out more around the house like cleaning the toilet/sink/etc , child acrobats/magicians/singers/musicians, child actors, child geniuses who could graduate at a young age and go to University even if an online school, home schooling, childhood boyfriend/girlfriend (Similar to Alfalfa and Darla, Arnold and Helga, etc.), children included in groups and so on.

For someone who has all EP's, SP's and Store Content, there is a lot kids can do and I don't feel that they lack emotion. Just like in real life I notice Sim kids are quite intelligent and quick to pick up cues of things going on around them. Some of them are honest to the point of being unaware of what they said was inappropriate. Because kids do sometimes speak their minds. Like one time, I was watching over someone's kid and he just blurted out to a woman, "Geez lady, you are so fat!" Well, that took me by surprise. I proceeded to pretend I ddn't know that kid...no I'm kidding but I told him that wasn't nice to say. Which he responded, "But it's true." Well, I can't argue with that logic except but that's something you think to yourself, not say out loud. But he was annoyed because he said excuse me and she wouldn't move and she bumped into him so he got mad. Yeah, some children usually do have issues controlling their temper/emotions.

Anyway, I wish there was more for kids but what is available in the game is not severely lacking in any way to me. I'm actually excited for my Sims to go to University and graduate and get back to their kids so I can plan all kinds of cute family outings so they can continue to bond.

Here are some examples from my game to show how emotional and in-depth kids can get.

You have some good looking sims. Did you create them?
Forum Resident
#30 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:05 PM
@Ghost sdoj The Children Can Series mod is great. But does not deter me from pointing out it should have been in the game in the first place from the developers. I'm still perplexed how did something so crucial and that has been in the game since TS1 all of sudden just became non-existent in TS3. Children could have the virtuoso trait but what point is that if they can't even play any musical instruments? There's no excuse for leaving that out just like there's no excuse for not taking advantage of the open world and incorporating subhoods and open shopping/dining. For me, those features are a part of the permanent Sims foundation.

@Gamegenius Thanks. Some Sims were born in-game from the parents I created myself. Other Sims I created myself but Jean, so far, is the only Sim who used to be a NPC (Babysitter) that I added to my game. She's married to Chi and has two sons named Zaire and Cairo. I gave her a superficial makeover but nothing that changed her DNA. However, she is the exception. I'm not sure if any of my other Sims fall in love with NPC's/Townie's I won't change some parts of their DNA to get away from that preset (everything set at 0) boring appearance. A matter of fact, one of the born in-game kids came out as preset from two Sims I created that which both looks are unique. I didn't know that was possible but after he aged up into a teen I just was too annoyed to keep him like that.
Instructor
#31 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:06 PM
Santa Claus visiting if you did certain things to initiate him calling.
I miss this SO much!!

MKATSONP is a Sims 3 Medieval Comedy Drama on Youtube and Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:35 PM
@Ghost sdoj The Children Can Series mod is great. But does not deter me from pointing out it should have been in the game in the first place from the developers. I'm still perplexed how did something so crucial and that has been in the game since TS1 all of sudden just became non-existent in TS3. Children could have the virtuoso trait but what point is that if they can't even play any musical instruments? There's no excuse for leaving that out just like there's no excuse for not taking advantage of the open world and incorporating subhoods and open shopping/dining. For me, those features are a part of the permanent Sims foundation.

@Gamegenius Thanks. Some Sims were born in-game from the parents I created myself. Other Sims I created myself but Jean, so far, is the only Sim who used to be a NPC (Babysitter) that I added to my game. She's married to Chi and has two sons named Zaire and Cairo. I gave her a superficial makeover but nothing that changed her DNA. However, she is the exception. I'm not sure if any of my other Sims fall in love with NPC's/Townie's I won't change some parts of their DNA to get away from that preset (everything set at 0) boring appearance. A matter of fact, one of the born in-game kids came out as preset from two Sims I created that which both looks are unique. I didn't know that was possible but after he aged up into a teen I just was too annoyed to keep him like that.

Oh thanks for that. I would boot up my game again but I tired of it crashing before it even gets to the game. I was trying to scale a pair of adult male jeans to child size but there were holes showing through them and I have yet figured out a way to fix that problem on Milkshape.
As a matter of fact it was those jeans that crashed the game because as soon as I took them out of the game it finished loading again.
Scholar
#33 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 12:42 AM

Kids not being able to play an instrument is so weird, Virtuoso trait or different one, because a lot of people who are very proficient at an instrument/dance/etc tend to say, "I started at (childhood age) to play/dance". I know that Sims-time means you can learn and master a skill in days what would require years, but... Same with Gardening. Why can't they garden? Or, at the very least, buy a tiny version of the Supernatural planters and put, like, poppy seeds or some very simple flower seeds into it to grow? Make a Chia pet that grows its grass up the Gardening skill!

Though I do miss the little rabbit head toddlers could use in TS2 for Charisma. Yes, I know the playpen does that... but that's store content.
Forum Resident
#34 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:52 PM
Kids not being able to do something as simple as learn how to garden is another disappointment among many. For me, I love for the parents to pass down their skills to their kids at a young age if they seem to take an interest in it. It would also be great for bonding as they learn. I know in one of my Sim households some of the kids have an interest in painting and since their father mastered it and has level 10 logic he can tutor this knowledge. Also, it's just great to set up an extra easel and just let them paint together.

Another great thing would be or having a family who has common interests like in music.
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 11:52 AM
Apart from OFB from TS2, can I bring something from TS4 too? This is routing related. TS3's routing issues annoy me so much, that I would rather have TS4's cheaty routing instead, where sims just walk/glitch through each other at choke points. I prefer this over dropped action and a routing tantrum pause. (TS4 has some dumb priority issues considering routing at the same time, so they can keep the rest of pathing code Just look at their walks for autonomous hugs for example.)

Then there is the stairs navigating. You can build such awesome houses in TS3, but I tend to avoid as many stairs as possible, because of how slow sims are in using them. Which is a shame. TS4 uses stairs like they should (I don't remember how well TS2 performs at this, so maybe this can come from TS2 too).

Hm, I'm starting to form a perfect Sims game in my mind I think. Perfect for me anyway.
Page 2 of 2