Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 5:53 AM
Default How to prevent Pre-Made Sims from getting Get to Work careers?
I recently started the Scientist career with my Sim, and when they arrived at work I notice that one of my new coworkers was one of the pre-made Sims from Willow Creek (I think his name was Travis, he's in the BFF Household?), one that I know already had a job. After my Sim's shift ended, I went to Manage Worlds, selected the BFF Household, and had the Sim quit the Scientist career and put him back in his original career. However when my Sim returned to work, he was then replaced with a different pre-made Sim who also I know already had a career.

I honestly don't really mind the game creating new Sims to become new coworkers, but I would rather it not take pre-made Sims and force them into the GtW careers, mainly because I'd prefer to have the pre-made Sims left alone and untouched. Is there anyway to stop the game from grabbing pre-made Sims and turning them into new coworkers for the GtW careers? I once tried creating a whole new household just for the sole purpose of them being additional coworkers to my main Sim, but they never showed up to work when I was playing with my main Sim, so I can't try that.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:45 AM
You got to keep your most important sims (Played or not), in your Favourite households list, if not, those sims are at risk of quitting their jobs, or the game can automatically retire them if you have global aging on and they become old.

I don't like the way its works much because if you have a single sim you want to protect, but you don't care about his housemates/family, you still got to put the entire household on your "Favourites" list, just to protect that important sim.

Other than that, maybe there a mod around that helps.
Smeg Head
#3 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 7:41 PM
The game does like to have you chase your tail, even long before they gave us the furry, four-legged critters. The GTW career mods I have at the link below have been reworked to prevent certain traits from being selected for job roles. I will soon be uploading the newer career mods with instructions on the ways to prevent sims from being roped into any career through the clever use of barring traits via my Sim Template and Sim Filter mods.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is create a family of 8 sims and give them the GTW science careers, and make them Played Sims, (Whether they live in a house or not is irrelevant, just as long as they are marked as the "privileged" played sims.) By default, the Science career calls for 4 co-workers for the workday, and if you have filled that up with this family of 8, the game will not harass, accost nor rope in any other sims into that career as the roles have been filled. (Same for any other GTW career using same tactics.)

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
The game does like to have you chase your tail, even long before they gave us the furry, four-legged critters. The GTW career mods I have at the link below have been reworked to prevent certain traits from being selected for job roles. I will soon be uploading the newer career mods with instructions on the ways to prevent sims from being roped into any career through the clever use of barring traits via my Sim Template and Sim Filter mods.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is create a family of 8 sims and give them the GTW science careers, and make them Played Sims, (Whether they live in a house or not is irrelevant, just as long as they are marked as the "privileged" played sims.) By default, the Science career calls for 4 co-workers for the workday, and if you have filled that up with this family of 8, the game will not harass, accost nor rope in any other sims into that career as the roles have been filled. (Same for any other GTW career using same tactics.)

You going to let us know when the new GTW careers come out. Would really like to know.
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 11:27 AM

Haven't had a lot of luck with that it, dozens of times it's picked randomly generated sims over my played ones, I think it's because of the level of their career and not just by having the career.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 10:43 PM

Creating a household scientist crew of 8 appears to have work so far, though sadly I can't seem to view your mods as I'm having issues registering to the site they're hosted on. Which is a shame because I would love to take a look. ^_^;
Smeg Head
#7 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 7:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elegant-Faults
Creating a household scientist crew of 8 appears to have work so far, though sadly I can't seem to view your mods as I'm having issues registering to the site they're hosted on. Which is a shame because I would love to take a look. ^_^;

Yes, I hear some folks do encounter registration problems. See if this info helps get you set up - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...mail-addresses/

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Space Pony
#8 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:46 AM
Some jobs I have Sims who are not even registered in a household.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 3:03 AM
Yes, I hear some folks do encounter registration problems. See if this info helps get you set up - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...mail-addresses/

I tried to take a look at this link, but it says I don't have permission to view this content. :')
Smeg Head
#10 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 6:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elegant-Faults
I tried to take a look at this link, but it says I don't have permission to view this content. :')

I'm not sure of the full technical details as to why some people encounter problems trying to access or join the site. Something to do with certain servers being blocked. I have no idea why that would even occur. Perhaps the word "Naughty" in the site's title invokes some idea that it's an explicit, x-rated adult site. That could not be further from the truth. Not even remotely close. Not even accidently. Even so, I really don't know what the technical blockage is all about. But I'll quote the opening line of the post I'd previously linked to, to see if you spot anything familiar or relevant to you.

"I made a post in our Guest area yesterday about our email server being blocked by Verizon.net, Att.com, Hotmail, Live, and Outlook.com email services because many folks register with email addresses with those services and don't receive their validation email to complete their registration."

If any of that seems relevant to you, perhaps I can find out the best way to help.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Feb 2018 at 7:48 PM
I'm not sure of the full technical details as to why some people encounter problems trying to access or join the site. Something to do with certain servers being blocked. I have no idea why that would even occur. Perhaps the word "Naughty" in the site's title invokes some idea that it's an explicit, x-rated adult site. That could not be further from the truth. Not even remotely close. Not even accidently. Even so, I really don't know what the technical blockage is all about. But I'll quote the opening line of the post I'd previously linked to, to see if you spot anything familiar or relevant to you.

"I made a post in our Guest area yesterday about our email server being blocked by Verizon.net, Att.com, Hotmail, Live, and Outlook.com email services because many folks register with email addresses with those services and don't receive their validation email to complete their registration."

If any of that seems relevant to you, perhaps I can find out the best way to help.

Oh okay, I was using my Outlook email the previous two times. I tried registering again but with my Gmail this time and I've finally received the validation email. Thanks for the help.
Scholar
#12 Old 12th Feb 2018 at 5:38 PM
I found the best way get to stop unwanted sims, fulfilling other jobs, just use MCCC, and Select Flag Freeze Career, so then this sim, will keep the current job they already got until they die, as game cannot retire or make them change jobs, so if your happy with this new pizza delivery dude, or that funny looking Landlord, or awesome DJ player, this is what you will use them on, so next time you see Bob Pancakes as a Bartender, Zap him and Freeze his career and you will never see him as a scientist (or any other role) ever again.

I actually originally thought Freeze Career meant to never promoted or demoted, but no it stops them from gaining new employment and quitting their old jobs..