Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 3:53 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 9th Feb 2018 at 9:14 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sim wont use oven at all. {Solved}
Sorry I've been working on this for a while now, I've been testing and my sim is only able to cook meals that require the stove top but not meals that go in the oven. It gives me a routing error regardless of where the stove is placed.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 8:45 PM
I'm trying to remember the animation for the oven and I know there's gotta be at least one square free in front. Did you place with moo? Do you have pictures of the area in question?

Also I found out recently that some deco wall items seem to block routing to ovens and counters, even if they're not visibly intersecting. My guess is that they were cloned/modified from larger objects with footprints that would interfere but as soon as I deleted them or moved them elsewhere the route fails stopped.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
I'm trying to remember the animation for the oven and I know there's gotta be at least one square free in front. Did you place with moo? Do you have pictures of the area in question?

Also I found out recently that some deco wall items seem to block routing to ovens and counters, even if they're not visibly intersecting. My guess is that they were cloned/modified from larger objects with footprints that would interfere but as soon as I deleted them or moved them elsewhere the route fails stopped.

First, Thank you for your response. There were actually a couple of things I had to do,
but long story short I had the oven placed in one square in front of a platform. I had to clear all caches including the world cache apparently
now my sim steps up and down on the platform to perform the action which isn't extremely horrible.
Theres a lot of angles to this
one of my sims could make waffles but the other could not make pancakes using fruit. But also I tried making pancakes through using the "use any ingredient " mod prompt. Could that be it?
------------------------
this is all only affecting one sim.. so there seems to be something off about him rather than all these other factors
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:13 PM
SOLVED

None of this had anything to do with anything.... except one of the sims in my household specifically..Why? I have no idea. I reset him and everything is working fine as of now.
Instructor
#5 Old 9th Feb 2018 at 9:16 PM
Huh, well hey I'm glad it's solved at least Sometimes I fear we'll never quite know what's wrong with sims xD