Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 22nd Feb 2018 at 8:20 AM
I've been playing this game since I was very young and I don't think I'll ever stop. People, on this site and others, are still making amazing mods and stories for this game. This game has a very loyal community, and why shouldn't it? It's amazing!

I don't think I'll accept a computer that can't run Sims 2 haha. I'm still using my laptop and it runs it... ok. The graphics aren't 100% perfect and it looks awful if I try and put it in full screen, but it still works. So I wouldn't worry, at least for a while.

I didn't know UC requires online, but I don't particularly care. I don't use Origin for much else, except Sims 4 and I don't ever actually play on that, just create sims (to be fair to Sims 4, the gameplay is super shallow but CAS is the best in the series, easily.)

I post once in a blue moon and then hibernate and draw- sorry about that!
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 5:52 PM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 23rd Feb 2018 at 7:03 PM.
I've been playing since 2005. I don't think I'll stop either lol. My old computer couldn't handle all my downloads so I gave up for a long time (then for health reasons), and now my old computer won't fire up and don't feel I want to get it fixed. I got a 10x better computer now. Also, someone got access to my old computer when it was stored and stole my graphic card out of it. A lot of meshes I can't get back were on it that I used to have and love.

But, I found that a lot of the packages I had were from the Black Pearl Sims and they shut down. So I did some searching and It wasn't obvious in the search, but found a site that someone has put together with ALL of the artist that were on there. Amazing. So, I don't know if this is up here somewhere already but here's the link. Be prepared for some major download time, they work and my download folder just quadrupled lol. Whoever put it together I give kudos. A lot of downloads require meshes I used to have are from this site. Click on backup at the top of the page, I did open the first one just to be sure they are good, and they are. Just be prepared for some major download time, they are large files. If you're a long time Sim 2 player like me, you'll remember this site. They did great work there.

Black Pearl Sims Artist
https://2bpsbackup.weebly.com/
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=174

Note: Had to add this in. Make sure you go through every folder. Just don't put the folders in your Downloads. There are many duplicates, but a lot are new meshes that will overwrite what you might already have in there. I have everything without folders in my downloads, except hacks and mods, so I know if I am putting in a new object or not.
Scholar
#53 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 9:18 PM
With a sufficiently fast computer, a virtual machine, and a license of an appropriate version of Windows (it features probably the last expansion pack created by a AAA games company to be compatible with Windows 98, though getting Mansions & Gardens to run on it might be interesting...) it is already possible to run Sims 2 virtually.

I play at least one game (Rogue) that is older than I am. Something tells me I am going to be playing Sims 2 for a while longer...
Field Researcher
#54 Old 23rd Feb 2018 at 9:33 PM
Looking at today's community of fans of the TS2 ... IMHO, perhaps such activity was not even for the period of official support of the game, from 2004 to 2009. Strange but surprising.
Page 3 of 3