Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:18 AM Last edited by jain : 13th Apr 2018 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Resolved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bodyshop has disabled athletic clothing selection for girl and boy children
I’m having a problem with Bodyshop. A couple of days ago the game suddenly disabled the athletic clothing choice selection button/icon for both boy and girl children. The icon was grayed out. The icon for outerwear was also disabled for girls. I removed all the downloads; renamed the Sims2 folder and let the game generate a new folder; recategorized clothing to show up in the athletic category; and downloaded new athletic clothing. I rebooted the computer constantly. I deleted thumbnails. Finally I was able to select coats for the girls IF I first select casual clothing — then the coat icon ‘lights up’. Nothing has any effect on the athletic icon.

It was the same in CAS for a while - no athletic option- then just as suddenly as it started, it somehow fixed itself in CAS. The new clothing shows up. I can select athletic clothing for both girls and boys with no problems and there’s nothing strange about the coat option for girls. However, Bodyshop still will not let me use the athletic category of clothing. It's not fixed. It's just the same.

I’ve had the game installed on this computer for years and years, and the computer isn't new. I don’t know if this could somehow possibly be a computer and not a game problem, or if I’m facing a reinstall because it’s just old. Ideas or moral support gratefully accepted.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 3:55 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 12th Apr 2018 at 4:07 AM.
There is no Athletic category for children in BodyShop. Never noticed how the soccer outfit from FT appear in Everyday?
You can still categorize children's clothing as gym clothes, but they will be available in game only, on a dresser for instance. 200 is the category number for athletic. By categorizing children's clothes to both Everyday (7) and Athletic (200) so to 207, you can then access them in BodyShop, but in Everyday.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:11 PM
Well how totally embarrassing! That shows you how often I look at children's athletic clothes in Bodyshop...Do you think that is related to the glitch with the girls' coats? I still have to first select casual clothing before the coat icon becomes available.

Thank you. And yes, I noticed the soccer outfit in everyday, but the clothes are categorized so strangely that it didn't make any less sense than some of the other things!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 8:26 PM
Don't you worry! I keep forgetting about this, and I've been making clothing for years now.
Ah! lol I succeeded in reproducing the problem with Outerwear..which is not a problem.
It seems to be happening when going from any ages TO child, aging up or aging down.
So from Adult to child, or from toddler to child.
But it still gives you the Outerwear category as soon as you click any other, so it just lies to you, it tries to scare you. Don't let IT.

Try it! You'll let me know.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:15 AM
I experimented with the coats and it works like you said. It pops in and out on aging up or down. It's disconcerting - I'm glad it's not something broken!

You saved me from reinstalling the whole game. Thank you again for your kindness and help!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:32 AM
This is what the help forum is for. I am happy I could help you, and you are welcome!