Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 4:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How do I fix screen tearing?
I've read a lot of threads and watched a lot of youtube videos about how to fix screen tearing. I've made sure my nvidia control panel has vsync turned ON. I went through the process of making sure the game recognizes my graphics card. I've limited the FPS to 60...

I'm still having the issue. I know there must be some way to fix this. This is the only game I have screen tearing issues in on my computer. Could someone please help?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
RAM 8.0 GB
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 8:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Did you fix the deviceconfig to recognize your card? This is more important than most people realize, as there are vendor specific triggers in the configuration.

However, if you've done the FPS cap and you've also forced Vsync on.... only other thing I can think of...

1) Turn on triple buffering. Test to see if it fixes the tearing. else....

I've done all of this and still have the issue.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I guess you have to try synchronizing your monitor and gpu refresh rate. Either both at 60Hz or both at 59Hz (typically). But this is usually blinking issue, not tearing issue.

I assume you updated the driver as well?

Yeah, my drivers are all updated.

How do I go about trying to synchronize my monitor and refresh rate? Are you sure that may be the issue considering I don't have this tearing issue with any other games, just TS3?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 1:54 AM
Yes the DeviceConfig.log might help reveal something. But just to add here, if I may. Fps limited to 60 or something close to it if that's your refresh rate, but have you checked in-game with the fps on cheat code (or by some other means) to see if the frame rates are really being locked in as they should as you play and move the game camera around? And is full screen any different from windowed mode on that and the screen tears?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd May 2018 at 4:04 PM
I ended up checking to see how it looks in windowed mode and the screen tearing seems to only happen in full screen mode. So I've just been playing the game in Windowed Mode but with the Borderless Gaming fix from Steam so it still looks like it's in Full Screen.

I know this doesn't completely fix the issue I was having, but it seems like I was at a lost cause, haha. Thanks for trying, I appreciate it.