Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2018 at 11:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims2 Double Deluxe Won't Install
I've had trouble installing the first time but it was an easy to fix error. I decided to uninstall the game today and re-install but the install is constantly interrupted with errors about how it can't copy a specific file
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:05 AM
copying the disc contents to somewhere on computer's hard drive might work. for files that would not copy, compress with WinZIP then extract to proper location.
after all files have been copied, might install through the copy.

or if you have enough money, might buy another copy of the disc.

if you want, might ask EA for the Ultimate Collection (if operating system is Windows) or Super Collection (if operating system is Mac).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
copying the disc contents to somewhere on computer's hard drive might work. for files that would not copy, compress with WinZIP then extract to proper location.
after all files have been copied, might install through the copy.

or if you have enough money, might buy another copy of the disc.

if you want, might ask EA for the Ultimate Collection (if operating system is Windows) or Super Collection (if operating system is Mac).

Thank you! But How do I do this? :o
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball

This error mainly btw:
Mad Poster
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:40 AM
The problem with uninstalling the game is that sometimes bits get left behind, and its not completely uninstalled. Those loose bits can cause problems when trying to re-install. After uninstalling you need to make sure everything is gone. This can either be done manually, or if you are not comfortable messing with your computer's registry using a program like CCleaner or JV Powertools to completely clear the registry and other computer places of the game before you try to re-install.

If you rather get the Ultimate Collection, either call EA help or chat online and give them the registration key to one of your disc games. It may take a couple of tries since not all agents seem to be willing to help.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 4:44 AM
Make sure your disk is clean and no scratches in it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
Make sure your disk is clean and no scratches in it.

It has little scratches on it, is that ok?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th May 2018 at 2:55 PM
I've opened the CCleaner and there's this; usually when I'd try to re-install the game the installation percentage(%) would get stuck on this file:
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:25 PM
What happens if you click on Registry then click on Scan for issues in CCleaner? Then click on Fix all issues if any appear.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 11th May 2018 at 8:28 PM
Yes. This is how you'd clean all registry issues. You might have to do it more than once. So, click Registry, scan for issues, and then fix all selected issues. then do it again. keep scanning until it finds nothing to fix.
Leave the Tools alone. It is Registry and Cleaner you need.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#11 Old 11th May 2018 at 9:52 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 11th May 2018 at 10:04 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shota-oddball
how to ask EA for the collection? I think there would be a "Contact Us" link either at the ea site ( https://www.ea.com/ ) or at their support site.

edit::
following is the contact page::
https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:20 PM
I deleted/fixed the issues and tried re-installing again and this happened:
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:29 PM
Did you reboot/restart you computer between cleaning and re-installing?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:39 AM
Why are you constantly uninstalling and reinstalling? This can cause issues with the registry keys. I would stop reinstalling and either check over the files manually or get someone to look it over for you. I had to uninstall manually recently and it's quite a process going over all the registry files. You will need to make it so files are unhidden as admin then go through program file (86) InstallShield folder and delete them all. Probably different on Windows 8 or 10, I'm on 7. I did not use any cleaner but did each one manually. Personally, I would not trust some automatic cleaner, but each to their own.

After cleaning make sure to shut down and restart.

You could also get Origin and ask for the UC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 12th May 2018 at 10:11 AM
@shota-oddball

This shows you how to clean the disc, and also how to copy the files to the hard drive if your disc is damaged.
Game Help:Installwiki

I echo what @joandsarah77 said about uninstalling- if you are having gameplay problems, the cause is usually your userdata (Documents folder) and not the game install files.

Using programs like CCleaner or manually editing the registry when you don't know what you are doing can cause problems with your operating system, so be careful and don't delete anything you're not sure of.

Windows is usually pretty good at cleaning up the registry- if you uninstall a program and reboot as @Rosebine says, the registry entries are removed (and any that Windows leaves are not significant and can be left). It's only if you have problems that you need to edit the registry or let a program like CCleaner delete things. The errors you are getting are to do with copying files from your disc, and not a registry error.