Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Free Time
Default Sims 2 Crashing in CAS
The crashing occurs randomly while clicking in CAS, usually while adjusting hair or clothing. I have recently installed the game along with OFB, IKEA stuff, FreeTime, Sims 2 Deluxe, and Pets. I have already trying restarting the computer and changing compatibility. I have attached the crash log.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2018.06.05 12.51.15.txt (13.9 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:56 PM
CAS problems are usually caused by a bad CC item or memory crashes, and a reinstall in itself can't fix those (it does remove CC and installing fewer EPs would lessen the memory load, but you don't get to the bottom of the problem).

Do you have any CC? If the crashing randomly occurs while browsing CAS, it's likely you have one or more items that causes the crashes. Take out your CC and try again. Still crashes? Make sure your computer can run the game (you could be experiencing memory crashes, which is relatively common with Windows Vista and above, and with many newer graphics cards and onboard graphics).

In 99,9% cases, a reinstall is completely unneccessary. If the game works, everything originally EAxis shows up, and you don't experience strange bugs that expand over time, the install files aren't the problem. They very rarely are, unless you do one of the Very Bad Things that accidentally messes up the files (most of the time you need to mess around with TestingCheats or a mod that enables certain functions to mess up your game).