Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:51 AM Last edited by Lucariogirl11 : 21st Apr 2019 at 8:51 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Eating Everything But Nothing (bug)
Second thread I've made and like before another bug, only this time more on the game breaking scale. I've been playing the Ultimate Collection version of the sims 2 recently and just today came across something rather strange. It's happening to only one sim, a werewolf I sent to University, she gets stuck in an infinite eating animation loop that doesn't fill her hunger bar and she won't stop the animation until she either dies of starvation, transforms, or I cancel it from the queue. On top of that it seems that it only effects foods that require using a fork in the animation, since I haven't seen it happen with ones using a "pick up" animation. I've tried resetting her, starting up different eating animations, and jumping plates to no avail. I tried using the batbox and again nothing. This sim has become a black hole who's hunger can not be satisfied by the food of mortals and the only thing that can sustain her is the college student diet of pizza and mystery meat lunch meat sandwiches.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 8:44 AM
I don't think it is necessarily game breaking.
It is the only sim with the problem, I think - so I would first do a check to see if there is any conflicting mods.
If not, then a 50/50 with cc ( I had Sims not being able to eat due to a hair style once).
If this still fails to solve the problem, you can repair your game in Origin. A repair should not have any effect on your game or your cc, but you may have to do some or all of the following:
reinstall your cc camera mod
download and install a new copy of the CEP download and install a new copy of the Scriptorium
redo your graphic rules changes
apply the 4GB patch again.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 9:29 AM
You should try the steps as outlined in the FAQ. It's most likely a piece of custom food or a replacement fork item which is messing things up, though. Could be something badly coded or just corrupted. If you know enough about what you're doing, you could skip other steps and go straight to testing CC. (If you don't know 100% what you're skipping, then it's better to do the steps in order.) It can also be a lot issue if it's only affecting one household - University lots are notorious for breaking. Try moving her in somewhere else and see if it fixes the problem.

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:Game_Problem

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 1:53 PM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 2:04 PM
I'm wondering whether it's a custom fork - or custom food anyway. Forks and spoons can be a bit of a bugger - I've wrestled with those myself. Do you have any custom foods in your game?

And ninja'd for the move by Lyralei.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 7:22 PM
I do have custom foods installed and just never seen any problem like this happening since I installed them so far back that I was able to transfer them over from my old PC. I think I also have default replacement plates, but I doubt that I installed replacement silverware. From Justpetro's and simsfreq's suggestions it looks like I have some sleuthing work to do, though I'm leaning towards some University lot borking since I haven't seen this problem until after I moved the sim into a Greek house. Honestly I considered it game breaking because I'm unsure if this will spread to other sims or 'hoods, fortunately this was a 'hood where I decided to play a bit on the wild side without making the usual backups just to see how things could start to burn in order to better know how to take care of problems that arise. Thank you so much for all the help!
I'm going to get crackin' with dissecting this thing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 8:50 PM
God, I'm forgetful. I found the solution a while back to my problem that I overlooked and did a little extra digging, but forgot to update. I found that my problem was a common problem people seemed to have with this mod http://modthesims.info/d/497943/sto...-animation.html and sloppy sims. The mod messes up the animations for sloppy sims making them unable to eat like they should and because I usually never really play sloppy sims it never came to my attention before the original post. Typical me.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:22 PM
@Lucariogirl11 If the issue is with this mod please post so on the download thread itself so people will see there is a problem.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Lucariogirl11 If the issue is with this mod please post so on the download thread itself so people will see there is a problem.

Will do.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lucariogirl11
I found that my problem was a common problem people seemed to have with this mod http://modthesims.info/d/497943/sto...-animation.html and sloppy sims.

@Lucariogirl11 Thank you so much for this information!
I usually play such Sims like they have an eating disorder. For example, Nervous Subject never got cooked meals from the Beakers and his stomach does not know what to do with it. I've downloaded tons of CC sandwiches for them. And all of the Sun & Moon crops and orchard trees, because raw fruits/vegetables are fine.