Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 6:37 PM Last edited by Eclecticsims : 12th Jul 2018 at 2:50 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default UC freezes on neighborhood loading screen, none of the usual fixes seem to do anything
No matter what neighborhood I try to load, the game always seems to freeze and go into "Not Responding" mode. I've tried taking out my cc folder and it still does it, I tool out custom neighborhoods and it still does it, I've deleted the caches and the neighborhood manager package file. None of it seems to work. Even when the game is just vanilla is does this which is confusing because the last time that I played it was fine. Does anyone know what to do?

Update: The tutorial seems to load, but I can't create a new neighborhood. Only the tutorial loads. The game has been installed and played on this computer for a long time and has just seemingly randomly decided not to load anymore. I'm on windows 10 if that helps anything
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 8:31 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 11th Jul 2018 at 8:51 PM.
before starting game, might end other processes (in Window's Task Manager).
leave alone processes that have following User Names:: SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE.
also leave alone explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe.
to bring up the Task Manager press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
those are for XP. not sure what the newer Windows versions would be like.

if game still freezes after ending the other processes, might increase hard drive's free space.
one or more of the following::
-"Disc Cleanup" in hard drive's Properties
-uninstall unused games/programs
-removal of unused files
-if you have enough money, increase hard drive's capacity.

defragmenting the hard drive might also help. though I have heard that it would mess things up with certain types of hard drives.

edit::
if all of the above do not work, might change various game settings; through "Learn to Play" section of game.

if that does not work; windowed vs fullscreen might be a contributor to the problem. if fullscreen, might change the desktop shortcut to windowed; add " -w" (without quotes) to end of Target line. if windowed, might change desktop shortcut to fullscreen; remove the " -w".
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mdsb759
before starting game, might end other processes (in Window's Task Manager).
leave alone processes that have following User Names:: SYSTEM, LOCAL SERVICE, NETWORK SERVICE.
also leave alone explorer.exe and taskmgr.exe.
to bring up the Task Manager press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
those are for XP. not sure what the newer Windows versions would be like.

if game still freezes after ending the other processes, might increase hard drive's free space.
one or more of the following::
-"Disc Cleanup" in hard drive's Properties
-uninstall unused games/programs
-removal of unused files
-if you have enough money, increase hard drive's capacity.

defragmenting the hard drive might also help. though I have heard that it would mess things up with certain types of hard drives.

edit::
if all of the above do not work, might change various game settings; through "Learn to Play" section of game.

if that does not work; windowed vs fullscreen might be a contributor to the problem. if fullscreen, might change the desktop shortcut to windowed; add " -w" (without quotes) to end of Target line. if windowed, might change desktop shortcut to fullscreen; remove the " -w".

I already have it in windowed mode, and I have 497 gigs free on my hard drive so I don't think that is the issue. Also the only thing running when I boot the game is Origin, since that's where I start it from