Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 11:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Best custom skin to download?
Hi everyone

This is my first time posting, apologies if this question is stupid or inappropriate. I recently started playing The Sims 3 again and decided I'd like to try a skin for my Sims. I really like Kurasoberina's skins, but it causes my game to crash when I play certain families or the game will crash before it loads properly. Then I tried Ephemera's skin and it worked fine before I added Cmar's Morphing Penis mod, but after adding his mod, the game wouldn't even start loading (it just stayed on a black screen) and I don't like how shiny it looks and how it gives all men abs. I tried Navetsea's skin and the game crashed again after loading a family.

I would like to install a skin mod that looks realistic, not too shiny and one that's compatible with Cmar's adult mods (at least the penis ones). It's OK if it comes with female genitals and nipples, as I want those as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by divanthesimmer
Hi everyone

This is my first time posting, apologies if this question is stupid or inappropriate. I recently started playing The Sims 3 again and decided I'd like to try a skin for my Sims. I really like Kurasoberina's skins, but it causes my game to crash when I play certain families or the game will crash before it loads properly. Then I tried Ephemera's skin and it worked fine before I added Cmar's Morphing Penis mod, but after adding his mod, the game wouldn't even start loading (it just stayed on a black screen) and I don't like how shiny it looks and how it gives all men abs. I tried Navetsea's skin and the game crashed again after loading a family.

I would like to install a skin mod that looks realistic, not too shiny and one that's compatible with Cmar's adult mods (at least the penis ones). It's OK if it comes with female genitals and nipples, as I want those as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow....0a/id/1276569/

this is the most realistic skin I use for my sims. only flaw for me is that they have painted on abs so when I play a fat guy, he still has abs. I hope this doesn't crash your game
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:33 PM
Thank you for the reply, @flloetryresident. I decided to use a default replacement skin from Kurasoberina, after all. The previous one of hers I used was not a default replacement, so that might have been the problem. My game still crashes, but not nearly as often as it previously did. I'll just have to remember to save very often!
Forum Resident
#4 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:33 PM
Kurasoberina has different versions of the same skin. For example, a SD (Standard Definition) version, HD (High Definition) version, UHD (Ultra High Definition) version, etc. You should make sure you download the appropriate version depending on the max resolution of your monitor. Though, I have downloaded one of her UHD skins and my game did play fine but I don't use that ND skin as of now and use the default HD+ version. Perhaps it has more to do with the max resolution of what the graphic card can handle than the monitor even though it can't portray that higher resolution as if 4K or 8K??? I think I read a similar concept with using a PS4 Pro on a non UHD tv still is visually better but not the same with an actual 4K tv resolution.

But in any case, constantly stressing out any hardware is never a good thing for longevity. Trying to go beyond what your graphic card/integrated graphic card can handle is trouble. When it comes to using 3rd party content, it is the responsibility of each user to learn how it affects their computer and the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 5:57 PM
Very true, @Deshong. The problem with mods is that you never know if they will work with your game and your computer's specs, so you always have to try them out first. Anyway, I lowered my graphic settings and the game works perfectly now.