Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:41 AM
Default Did anyone know this? Or has done this?
I cant sleep so i was checking out WIKI and it listed two ways of getting abducted by aliens....

Telescope - A male adult Sim can stargaze with the Farstar e3 telescope until he gets abducted. The chances of this are at a modest 0.05%,[1] which can only be altered by mods or by using with the FreeTime aspiration benefit "Summon Aliens". After the Sim is abducted, they will return a few hours later, pregnant with an alien hybrid.

Electro-Dance Sphere - If the player has the Nightlife expansion pack, male Sims can also be abducted using the machine if they have been abducted previously with a telescope, or if very lucky, the dance sphere. This method varies in effectiveness between 1.65% to 2.5% depending on how many times the Sim has been abducted previously, but the chances are significantly higher than a telescope, regardless of how low it can get.

The electro dance sphere?????? HUH????

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 6:59 AM
I've never had it happen, but am reliably informed that it's true. I keep hoping to see it, but it's not something to get hung up on.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:19 AM
I had it happen once about 8 years ago. My sim had a first abduction by free time perk then I tried for the dance sphere abduction. There is no film, they simply go and come back without sound. They do get pregnant, first time he had a girl, second one a boy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#4 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 7:58 AM
I've also had a sim abducted by the dance-o-sphere thingy a few years back, and it was his 2nd time getting abducted (first time was with the expensive telescope). I had previously built a 6-story tower to increase his chances of getting abducted and when he did he just vanished, but he came back a few hours later. That was the only time I really ever used that dance-o-sphere

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:03 AM
Most of the sims that have been abducted in my game were abducted the first time they looked through the telescope - so the number of telescopes in my game now has been drastically reduced
I had one from the dance-o-sphere - he was abducted as a teen before and I am fairly certain that was also the first time he used the telescope as a teen, although he did use it as a child.
So that 0.05% - not sure it works that way in my game
I did not have an abduction lately, though, perhaps it is time for one soon (and with it, probably another set of alien twins).
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:48 PM Last edited by yavannatw : 5th Aug 2018 at 9:37 PM.
Never tried the sphere thing but 0.05% chance with the telescope is wrong - waaaay higher chance than that in my game.
Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 9:42 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 30th Jul 2018 at 10:13 PM.
In past times playing, most telescope abductions were forced. only non-forced abduction was Vidcund Curious on Curious's original lot; though I take to be a scripted event.

dance sphere, several of my sims had an abduction with it. though there was no abduction memory any of those times.

edit::
created a telescope where abductions are nearly instantaneous. cloned it from shipped version's expensive telescope.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 10:20 PM
I have it happen all the time when I was playing sims 2, you must first have the sim get abducted by telescope then they can get abducted on the electro dance sphere.
That is the way it happens to my sims anyway.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
Sims can actually get abducted using a dancesphere at someone else's house.
Test Subject
#10 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peace
This method varies in effectiveness between 1.65% to 2.5% depending on how many times the Sim has been abducted previously, but the chances are significantly higher than a telescope, regardless of how low it can get.

Really? Only 2.5% If I have a sim that's been abducted before I it seems can't let them near one of those spheres without them disappearing and coming back hours later to a lullaby. I would have guessed higher than 25%. So yes, totally happens.
Theorist
#11 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 10:29 AM
Yeah, it's real, and it had me sh00k the first time I saw it. The Sim will be dancing, and all of a sudden they'll fade away, and the sphere will go in standby mode. Your Sim's motives will remain static (unlike the traditional abduction where the motives throw a rave party), and the Sim will still have "Spin" interaction in their queue. The sphere will become usable by others while the abductee is away.

Once a certain time passes (or after another Sim gets off the sphere if the abduction time is up, but the sphere was in use), the sphere will all of a sudden jump into animation with the Sim slowly fading in. No special effects, no preggo sounds, just a baby alien three days later.

Given that it's such a rare thing, it'd be so much cooler if the sphere had a custom cutscene or something to commemorate the abduction!