Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 9:58 AM
A mod to get rid of townies spawn completely, not just reduce it?
So I have been getting irritated by the fact that random townies always generate no matter how many times I go to manage households and go deleting everyone. The only one I am honestly okay with would be Father Winter aka Santa Claus XD Still though in all seriousness I want a way to eliminate random NPC townies all together. I have found this mod, but I don't think it does exactly what I want Reduced Random Townies Generation. Though this mod seems to be the only one that does anything about townies, but I would much prefer a way to just eliminate random townies all together. On a side note, does anyone know how to make your own NPCs like Bartenders, Restaurant Staff, and DJs? Thank you in advance.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 3:05 PM
The game needs these sims to function so sims can provide services, run restaurants, etc. Reduced Random Townies Generation prevents the game from continuously generating sims for the same role--instead of generating a dozen different bartenders it will use the existing pool of qualified sims.

If you use that mod, you can make your own sims and use the cheats listed on the mod page to turn them into NPCs like landlords, maids and baristas. The game will use those sims instead of generating random ones constantly. If any do pop up, it should be a small number for something actually needed and you can easily makeover those. You can use the same cheats without the mod, but then the game will still generate more sims rather than using existing ones first.

I collected the full list of cheats needed to make all your own NPCs since that's what I'm doing, so I can give you that if you want to make your own.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fennel27
The game needs these sims to function so sims can provide services, run restaurants, etc. Reduced Random Townies Generation prevents the game from continuously generating sims for the same role--instead of generating a dozen different bartenders it will use the existing pool of qualified sims.

If you use that mod, you can make your own sims and use the cheats listed on the mod page to turn them into NPCs like landlords, maids and baristas. The game will use those sims instead of generating random ones constantly. If any do pop up, it should be a small number for something actually needed and you can easily makeover those. You can use the same cheats without the mod, but then the game will still generate more sims rather than using existing ones first.

I collected the full list of cheats needed to make all your own NPCs since that's what I'm doing, so I can give you that if you want to make your own.

Okay thank you for explaining what this mod actually can do. I was considering using it, but upon reading the description for it the mod did not seem like it would do what I wanted. I will give it a try and thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2018 at 11:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fennel27

I would absolutely love a copy of that cheats list, if you would be so kind.